a powerful ironwood bow inlaid with silver runes (magic)

For discussion of all area related issues - stats, new zones, quest issues, etc.
kanenan
Sojourner

a powerful ironwood bow inlaid with silver runes (magic)

Postby kanenan » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:41 pm

6/6
no proc.
no stats.
requires musp invasion rares which apparently has been turned to lower chance now.

vs

warbow. EASY. i dare someone to say otherwise.
recurve. human only.
magma/tia bow. these are top tier and great as all hell, b/c of procs and dice. sadly i don't think i will ever be in one of those groups, like most rangers.
ancient kirin hunting bow from CP Palace. 0/6 18 wis det invis. (not bad at all.. but easy compared to ironwwood.)

support flashy ansi, upgrade this bow! it's ironwood.. make it proc some kind of wood splinter that doubles the amount of fired arrows per round akin to windsong.

thanks!

(edit:added kirin bow)
stuff.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Re: a powerful ironwood bow inlaid with silver runes (magic)

Postby Dugmaren » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:01 pm

I'm not against this but it's too far down the list to be realistically considered right now. Ask me again in a couple months.

Dug
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:07 pm

The bow has better hit/dam than Imix. The base bow required for this quest is easily quested in one boot by two people. Of the other two remaining items required to upgrade it, one can be gotten by a group of 3-4. If you want to upgrade it, might I suggest giving it something akin to anti mask (22wis) or something like INFRA or +3maxdex. I don't think it warrants a proc.
kanenan
Sojourner

Postby kanenan » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:32 pm

Recurve RARE load from same zone is human only 6/6 and procs.

Kirin bow is +18wis, DI and 0/6

Warbow is by far better than Ironwood. The proc alone sends it leaps ahead of it. a dif in 1/1 does not compensate the advantage of the proc.

I know you guys are busy i don't expect an immediate "omg lets fix this bow!!", but it's been pointed out for years, and it *was* supposed to have a proc as per shev. Only reason i'm bringing it up again is that i have one and it makes me sad to see no proccage when there is such a nice potential.

So why would you want to make this the same as kirin bow basically?
idea : 0/7 + proc (damage). maybe make it half-elf/grey only?

Thanks for the consideration Dug.
stuff.
kanenan
Sojourner

Postby kanenan » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:35 pm

Don't even get me started about "easily quested by 2 people". there's alot ONE PERSON can do in the mud now than ever before when this bow, and countless other items were introduced. That reason does not justify a decision. Should we start looking at which items in game you can solo that are far far better than this bow?
thanks.
stuff.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:23 pm

I agree Kanenan, it needs an upgrade. I gave some suggestions above. But if you give it a damage proc you practically negate all the other bows you mentioned. The quest for this bow isn't that hard. Give it a ray proc or max something and it'll be nice.
kanenan
Sojourner

Postby kanenan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:57 pm

Gave it a few months :) Bump!

Was also thinking of dif procs and stuff.. shrugs..
Sticks to Snakes proc would be cool, like your arrows on a proc round turn into serpents dealing a few more dice. That would be rad! make the proc like.. HE/GE only so humans can still revel in their rare human only bow from the same zone.

Thanks Dug :)
stuff.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:33 am

I have quested this bow, it doesnt require muspel invasion it hardly requires any effort to quest it. Items to quest it are common, for most part gotten easily.

Personaly this bow should have never been 6/6 this is a 4/4 !proc bow tops.

Warbow should be 3/3 with proc or 4/4 tops too tho shrug.

CM epic bow/Magma bow should be top 2 bows in game along with tia crossbow. Currently CM epic bow is 0/0 bow so id rather see that get some loving then some bow that can be quested by almost anyone in any boot.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
muxxissinix
Sojourner

Postby muxxissinix » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:41 pm

I think warbow get extra fire damage on each arrow hit and it have a damage proc from bow, that make warbow the best bow in game.

Getting warbow is really easy in this days, people just send pets to unhide lifes forms and then send a rogue to look Imix and check if warbow loaded, dont blame them because fire plane and air plane are really boring zones to do.

Maybe someone nice out there can make a new and more fun Plane of Fire for us :P
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:43 pm

I posted a thread asking gods for info as to damage output by bows' procs, including the "fire damage" from warbow. Just to clarify.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:11 am

I actually talked to Eil for a bit when Magma bow proc was put in. Magma bow does outdamage FP bow. Even with the additional damage put on each arrow and the proc. Shev or Dug or someone can go into specifics if they want but that was how Eil and my conversation eneded.
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:06 am

I'm guessing so Mike, but my question was more about per round overall. If the arrows DO do fire damage they outdamage the magma bow per round, unless the damage proc from magma bow is sufficiently powerful enough to compensate.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:45 am

Was told that fireplane bow does very minor damage per arrow hit... VERY MINOR even being 1 damage extra makes it 5/6 bow + a damage proc. magma is 7/7 that doesnt do damage every round and has procs that fail frequently.

If fireplane bow damage per arrow is 1-2 or 1-3 per arrow then it far outdamages a 7/7 bow.

My guess is fireplane bow is still best bow in game damage wise.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:18 am

Yeah Malia, that's my worry too. That's why I was hoping for a breakdown of the actual damage, overall, of the 3 bows.

Return to “T2 Areas Discussion Archive”