Annam - Faang invasion rewards still suck

For discussion of all area related issues - stats, new zones, quest issues, etc.
Dalar
Sojourner

Annam - Faang invasion rewards still suck

Postby Dalar » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:49 am

Love,
Dartan
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Annam
Staff Member - Areas

Re: Annam - Faang invasion rewards still suck

Postby Annam » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:56 pm

Tell me what sux and I can check the items out. I have been meaning to fix the shale loop .. other than that .. I know my bard instruments aren't great, only because I don't have a bard or know much about the difficulty of obtaining comparable instruments.

The pfg, faerie wings i thought were pretty nice, it does take abit of work to get them but they are better than brass or faerie dragon (rare) wings.
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:58 pm

If you want to know more about instruments, you are in luck. There isn't a whole ton of them in the game, and you can view a list of them at Toril EQ by clicking 'advanced search' and selecting Item Type: Instrument.
Gukov
Sojourner

Postby Gukov » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:59 pm

I noticed that a few of the faang isntruments have low stutter... I'm pretty sure a higher stutter is better for whatever reason. Like, tia drum for example has 10 stutter, and golem forge horn has 8 stutter. Adjusting this could make them more funner.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:46 pm

Gukov wrote:I noticed that a few of the faang isntruments have low stutter... I'm pretty sure a higher stutter is better for whatever reason. Like, tia drum for example has 10 stutter, and golem forge horn has 8 stutter. Adjusting this could make them more funner.

I don't think studder matters a whole lot.

Except for heal + ress song.

When you are 50, with hbless, then mana stops beeing the problem for e.g. offensive harmony.
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:51 pm

Seems that a higher stutter lowers the rate you draw on mana and the higher the quality, the less time (or number of verses) it takes for a song to reach maximum effect. I have not done any testing other than playing a lot, but I am positive that's what those stats do.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:26 pm

This thread is about faang invasion rewards sucking FYI.
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:16 pm

How many items come from this invasion all told? How much time has to be invested to load quest? (approximately 2 hoursish?) How much time does it take to clear invasion w/ an optimal 15 man group? Wasn't there one item that was somewhat worth while?
A shale loop or something like that?

Evil zoning doesn't seem to get the priority that popular zones tend to get. I definitely think if the fights are hard enough, then the zone should warrant at least 2-3 high end items. If you take Silverymoon Invasion as a comparison, then 3 extremely nice items and 1-2 other lesser things are about right. Particularly for an invasion that takes a few hours to clear and a few hours to quest beforehand.

Personally, I think zones are best off with at least one good tank item (+ hp, good ac, and a nice second stat affect), one caster type item (cleric/mageable), and one damage type
item (+dam, +hit, etc). If you are able to get at least that, then loading + clearning invasion should be worth it.
Elet
Sojourner

Postby Elet » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:55 pm

i think i was in the first group that finish faang invasion (tried to do it 3 times, 1 was failure, 1 was abandon?, and the last one was succesful) lead by brian.

yeah i do think the rewards sucks that time.. not sure if they change it yet.

Return to “T2 Areas Discussion Archive”