Shevarash, why do squids suck so bad?

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Dalar
Sojourner

Shevarash, why do squids suck so bad?

Postby Dalar » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:23 am

Damage sucks
Lag with said damage skills suck
Meditating sucks now that people have circlets and seelie staves
No spell focus for psi
Power stat does shit
Power/mana gear does nothing. If you had 1k mana you're still doing as much as you did with 700 mana: nothing.
Int gear may do int check vs mob for saves, but even then saving against crappy damage is still crappy damage
Practicing skills is horrible because of the skills system
Horrible AGI
No defense
Kegor
Sojourner

Re: Shevarash, why do squids suck so bad?

Postby Kegor » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:28 am

Just wormhole the person you are giving a ride to and then rent again. Thats how they are played correctly. Geez.. newbs. :(
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:30 am

Racial immunity to charm would also be a nice perk.

MR blocking psi damage is also a big nono.

As Dartan said also, maxpow is useless. So psi items that have that stat have basically wasted a stat.

I think if you lower the lag of ultrablast, thrust, etc. to only 1x per round, and lower the damage of said skills (if that), it would be a nice bandaid.
grundar
Sojourner

Postby grundar » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:40 am

:
- class based dominate restrictions
- MR blockage
+ fix stasis field so its worth a damn
+ add mana drain
+ add inertial barrier (sort of like a self only blur)
+ add sever the tie (psi damage vs undead with chance to instantly kill it)
+ add all the other cool homeland skills!

and ffs please change it so that you dont have to practice each psi ability individually, but instead make it so you practice clairsentience, psychokinetics, psychoportation and etc as a group. that will save hours of squids idling in vt spamming projections.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:00 am

Change dominate to use a point system like necro/lich, so psi can have lots of fodder pets or one or two bigger ones.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:37 pm

On the "other mud" with endless mana, I spammed the living piss out of Ultrablast. Then I changed it to cast Blacklight Burst - What's sad is blacklight had eventually killed some extraplanar mobs, while ultrablast was still in few scratches. Ya kiddin' me? This testing was done in clouds, and on good ol' fire plane. Funny that there's MR from mind attacks. If you guys remember to wear red shoes, you get protects and resists from anything purple, and all bludgeon attacks. Same logic!
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:45 pm

Stasis Field is not that hard to practice, but doesn't really do much for trolls, which are a major evil race standard. Why the hell not make it bitching for trolls in particular? Especially since they'll be massively crispy anyway from all the fire damage they resist so well.

Battletrance doesn't display correctly half of the time. Sometimes it gives the "X's fighting ability is raised by your projection!", sometimes not. It doesn't always show up in score either.
And, it's lame. Can't it haste at higher levels or something decent like that? +3/+3 is not really worth it.

Plus, I agree with most of the other general criticism. Especially skill practicing. Squids only get the stone skin affect off flesh armor once it's skill lvl 80+ or so. Getting flesh armor to that level takes quite a few days ptime to get. And it still gives you only _one_ stoneskin.

There's plenty of room for squid love. Almost every other major caster has gotten new quest spells. Why not throw a few other skills towards squids to make them playable aside from just wormholing then renting?
muxxissinix
Sojourner

Postby muxxissinix » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:38 pm

Kegor wrote:Just wormhole the person you are giving a ride to and then rent again. Thats how they are played correctly. Geez.. newbs. :(

Can't believe people didnt know squids are just for wormhole, and use battle trance in tiamat fight so efhrs cant flee.
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:04 pm

Does battletrance eventually have a haste affect built into it at higher levels?
I don't know that mine is much higher then 75ish.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:20 pm

Not that i've ever seen.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:42 pm

It's because they have those mouth-parts that slurp out your brain. If they sucked good, then they would get paid for their services.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”