narzugon dragon-knights in Tiamat

For discussion of all area related issues - stats, new zones, quest issues, etc.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

narzugon dragon-knights in Tiamat

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:41 am

This needs to be looked at and changed or removed. They have been buggy, I think always. Not just them, but their "mounts" as well.

Thanks.
Kindi
Sojourner

Re: narzugon dragon-knights in Tiamat

Postby Kindi » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:42 am

i thought it was awesome. just think they should load faster like when still fighting black or something. does seem pretty buggy
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:49 am

Why/how should they be changed? I certainly don't see any reason for removal.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Kindi
Sojourner

Postby Kindi » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:03 am

they loaded like 60 minutes after black consort was dead, we were already 1/3 of the way thru tiamat, so it was really weird they would come that late to their leader's call. and then some of the dragons remained mounts and didn't attack or do anything... then suddenly poof they weren't mounts and slaughtered 16 ppl in one round. then one of the stragglers didn't track or fight or do anything... then the next one that came killed all those who lived. some consistency would be nice. and faster loading or at least more appropriate loading

so: 1) load faster/clumped or something... where we notice it or it doesn't happen at some weird place like 1/3 thru tiamat. 2) make the dragon mounts consistent. are they mounts or fighters? from the start or what triggers them? their behavior seems very buggy - some stayed mount the whole time even until death and some fought right from the start.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:29 am

More consistent behavior sounds reasonable. The weirdness with the mounts should definitely be addressed.

I see no reason why the timing should be predictable though. The Narzugons and their dragon mounts are ultimately there to protect Tiamat, not the black dragon consort. Danger and unpredictability in the lair of Tiamat should be expected.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Kindi
Sojourner

Postby Kindi » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:52 am

well one of them showed up 10 minutes after tiamat died. that's a little too unpredictable imo :P might have been just hanging out on upper grid due to spank... don'tknow.

also it seems odd these dragon mounts are as tough or tougher than the elders that hang out with the consorts
grundar
Sojourner

Postby grundar » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:08 am

should just make the consort instantly summon 0 to 4 of them with proc and have several chances to do so during the fight. that way they're always there and you dont have to wait and see if they load or not.
also, drop the dragonmounts a weight class or two and de-flag them as mounts so they aggro instantly and you dont get the tarded message about being a coward for striking a mount (i'm no damn paladin).

Return to “T2 Areas Discussion Archive”