Quests involving Quest Spell items

For discussion of all area related issues - stats, new zones, quest issues, etc.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Quests involving Quest Spell items

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

There are a few of these out there. The most notable to me recently is my quest for a Q scale. Due to a certain KV quest that involves this item, its become INCREDIBLY difficult to obtain a Q scale for dscales spell. It is hands-down the most sought after item in CC. Any chance that we could avoid this practice in the future, and even perhaps change this to a different dragons scale? Something thats not involved in a spell quest that every enchanter in the game either wants to do, or has done?

Thanks
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Re: Quests involving Quest Spell items

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:22 pm

And before this the scale went 2nd round sometimes. Leave it as it is, scales is a powerful spell it should be hard.
dem
Sojourner

Postby dem » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:40 pm

Myna.. u do realise that this makes it near to impossible to a new player who hasnt found a group to play with to get this spell unless hes extremely lucky.. I think it took me close to 10 trips to cc before i won scale.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:22 am

And everyone bidding on items I want takes me forever to get the stuff I want too. That is how the bidding system works. Could form a CC group with the understanding you're claiming scale.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:49 am

It's also a great way to keep a player, 'specially a new one, out to find a new game to play. This mud boots every few days. Relatively it's uneventful compared to most any new game on the market. Gotta keep up with the times, or only the old timers will hang around. And they're drifting away, clearly.
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:06 am

Delmair Aamoren wrote:There are a few of these out there. The most notable to me recently is my quest for a Q scale. Due to a certain KV quest that involves this item, its become INCREDIBLY difficult to obtain a Q scale for dscales spell. It is hands-down the most sought after item in CC. Any chance that we could avoid this practice in the future, and even perhaps change this to a different dragons scale? Something thats not involved in a spell quest that every enchanter in the game either wants to do, or has done?

Thanks

Wierd. I was the only bidder on this scale the other day and I don't even really need it. Was just gunna save it for someone I know that might need it in the future. If you would like this scale to quest the dragonscale spell quest, plz contact me in the game and its yours.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:03 am

Kegor wrote:Wierd. I was the only bidder on this scale the other day and I don't even really need it. Was just gunna save it for someone I know that might need it in the future.

I got both of mine as only bidder as well. The 2nd one it was a 2nd round item.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:46 pm

It used in clouds robes as well... its not a big deal except when you need it. Appreciate the value and effort it takes to get. I dont think it needs to be changed but dogpiling all quests around 1 item does suck.
dem
Sojourner

Postby dem » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:33 pm

I only think it's an issue when it's used both in eq quests and spellquests. Especially in a key spell like dragonscale. It's not really a problem for an established player but for a new one that gets to do CC twice a year if lucky. Well I think u can understand the issue if you think about it that way.
spunionring
Sojourner

Postby spunionring » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:52 pm

I think its fine using an item in more than 1 quest even if 1 is spellquest

HOWEVER

I think all spellquests should require only items that can be obtained solo, by the class needing it. Or at least be simple straight forward fight that a new person who is questing their spell can lead.

Requiring 15 man zone for a q item for a spellquest sucks. Thats as bad as requiring group for last 2 parts of ress or for disruption burst or for femb...

Some spellquests are good, illus spells seem good. earth emb is a good quest. Even moonwell is pretty good, mostly soloable, and the hard items can be acquired without full group.

I know this issue with the q scale is frustrating, but it HAS got people wanting to do CC again, which is an awesome epic zone that is neglected now that all warriors already have their ebony/di rings.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:17 pm

Perhaps just a string of bad luck on my part, but in my experience, its a 6+ person first round bid item. It is part of multiple item quests already. I think some more attention should be paid to quests in the future that involve spell quests. There are thousands of other items out there that could bring people to old zones such as SG, TF, etc. I appreciate the offer kegor, and appreciate that there are selfless people such as yourself out there making these things happen. I have obtained the scale through other means already.

As far as making the items solable, perhaps that would be a good avenue to go down. The pops would likely have to be global, and pretty rare, thus making things perhaps worse than they are now. Dunno, just my .02

Del
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:42 pm

That sucks bro, I have like 7 in my bag.

Return to “T2 Areas Discussion Archive”