Hello

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Axxeloxxex
Sojourner

Hello

Postby Axxeloxxex » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:07 am

I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself and ask a question. Just started playing today and so far I like this game, it's very challenging. I started a psionicist and everything seems alright til the sun comes out. I was wondering if its possible to get maybe a potion, like the potion of dexterity I found to be able to see during the day. It's quite frustrating to be doing well but I can only kill things half the time after I leave the psionicist guild.

Malia
Sojourner

Re: Hello

Postby Malia » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:46 pm

Its been suggested several threads... for a first character I'd suggest a good raced class. You dont have to deal with dayblind (when sun comes out) and there are alot more things to do later on in the game with the good raced classes. You can do them with evils, just people chose not to.

Find me in game i'll do what i can to assist
Silvanus
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Silvanus » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:17 pm

You will be able to acquire the power Globe of Darkness at level 35.

Other classes have spells that do this too, but all at high levels.

There may also be consumables capable of darkening rooms...

Mostly however, the races with ultravision are much more difficult, and have to cling to indoor/underground areas.

Welcome to the mud :) Feel free to ask questions on NHC and GCC channels ingame too.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:16 pm

personally i think most people starting out should try a barb shaman, they offer quite a bit of soloablility and are much needed in every zoning group. its a great class to start out with and you will learn alot about the game playing them.

Playing evils is hard cause the zoning just isnt there as much as it is with goodies, so its a lot harder to get the gear u want.
Axxeloxxex
Sojourner

Postby Axxeloxxex » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:40 am

Ah thanks for the fast replies. It's good to know at level 35 I will be able to use the globe of darkness.

I know that evil races are harder, it said so when I created the character.

But I like the idea of being a psi, and would rather not change it, no matter how difficult it will be.

I'm playing the character that calls to you, know what I mean? :)
Kindi
Sojourner

Postby Kindi » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:31 am

globe of darkness is a quest tho don't know how hard
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:14 pm

and as squids are, I'm sure they fall VERY short of what you know psi's to be from your prior experience. This mud does a complete injustice to them as they currently stand. Much like a vehicle sold as a Lexus, with a Ford Aspire(s to be a car) engine.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:11 pm

Have fun with your squid. Everyone is right that there are easier choices and there are more powerful choices, but you should play what you think is fun. There's no harm in experimenting with other races and classes either, as there are a lot of choices and no limit on how many characters you can have.

Welcome to Toril!
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:14 pm

Sometimes your best bet is to play the least powerful class. At some point a god will decide to 'balance' things, and invariably you will be top dog for a couple of years until they fix things some more.
muxxissinix
Sojourner

Postby muxxissinix » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:28 pm

Hi Axxeloxxex, as most of people said playing illithid is a nice choice and its a fun and unique race.
Also the more you play it, you will like it more too.

Its hard to play at begin, but if you are able to keep playing and enjoying it, you will learn a lot more about the mud than playing other easy race/classes.

Welcome !

PS: Its Ironic that Shevarash said there are more powerful choices then Illithids, since its the race with more power :P.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”