Calling all Shev's

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Calling all Shev's

Postby Thilindel » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:18 am

Oh, mightiest of Shev's! Hear our plea! Seemingly for eons, the Paladins, Anti-paladins, and Rangers have discussed what is missing in their ranks, only to be ignored. Citing the common, non-pointlessly decked out arguments:

Ranger is half-assed rogue. Can possibly be EFHR for damage, but at what cost? Skills are gutter junk. 50 rescue? Failbash, broken skills, perpetually ignored. Why? Discussion after discussion have come up but to no avail, fruition, nor initiative.

Paladins... Mud itself is ignoring and penalizing them. Can't toggle vicious. Not many friendly zones to xp. Goes on and on.. Fact that's always ignored. They're laughable. Many other problems with them, yet as always, nothing to remedy.
Who paladin
Listing of the Staff
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<None>

There are 0 visible staff member(s) on.

Listing of the Mortals!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<None>

There are 0 mortal(s) on.

Total players online: 35.
Record number of players on this boot: 36.

Anti-paladin At least you rarely see these guys, and the ones you do see, are career ones. Players like Hue have had ideas for _how_ long as to fixing rangers, and others. Again, nothing. Can't we possibly address these things for once and quit just adding content? If classes aren't being played, there's bound to be a core cause as to why. For years, these classes have said WHY, if only upon deaf ear.
Dalar
Sojourner

Re: Calling all Shev's

Postby Dalar » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:02 am

These issues will all be addressed in Toril 2.0
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:23 pm

Posting in an "upgrade Rangers" thread.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:03 am

I remember fairly well when brian was xp'g a paladin, and having trouble with avenger proc'g relative to his level. Something to do with the 2h skill notch each time he leveled. Then I remember him never really playing paladin again :P
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:02 pm

Essentially, Paladins can only mount and wield 2h once their skill is high enough. I think it's about 60 or more that you need in mounted combat and possibly the 2h skill as well.

But good point. I have only played my paladin once or so in the last... year? There are plenty of things wrong with the class, I just don't see it as a priority. Anyone who is drawn to playing a Paladin likely has a Martyr complex, or is just masochistic.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”