Choking Palace

For discussion of all area related issues - stats, new zones, quest issues, etc.
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Choking Palace

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:57 pm

I think yesterday's run proved that this zone is winnable. It definitely seems like player
deaths can be avoided until the demon wave, as most of our early deaths were player errors, and not due to the overwhelming difficulty of first two waves.

I also think we need to make sure to give the mephits shields earlier on, and get all the random extra mephit guards in that inner gatehouse while waiting for orcs to come in.

Any thoughts? I still think it's possible the mobs move too quickly to the king. There are certainly too many easy routes into the king as well. I can see why Lili compares it to the Kobaishi Maru thing from Star Trek.
Malia
Sojourner

Re: Choking Palace

Postby Malia » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:06 pm

ok... after sunday's run.

1) I do think this is winable..
- To win you need the perfect group...
- To win you need the perfect run....
- To win you need a bit of luck (we para 2 gelugons and pitfiend with a prism)

Unfortunately... I think the zone is still too luck/perfection oriented.. I want zone loseable for sure... but I also want it winable without having the absolute perfect group perfect run and some luck.

Adjustments I would make

1) Shorten the Human wave... we were still fighting humans and hadnt recouped when demons hit gates.
-Can shortern the human wave
- or can create more time between humans and demons
- or can have less human straglers and more with the main group so you fight, recoup instead of constatly fighting until demons get there.

2) Demons need to wait at 2nd gates a tad longer.. we fought them there retreated to king and didndt get bout 1-2min before they left inner gate and came to king. Give us a bit more time to regroup and get spells up..

dates for the next Chp run are on Trit bbs
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Triterium_B ... wforum=213
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 pm

Adjustment I would like:

15 players should still be the limit for the zone, but I would have a grouplimit of 25 for the zone.

Just so you could toss mephits into the group, and bard song, gheal etc. would affect them.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:27 am

Agree with the points made - holding off on adjustments til after next run.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:35 pm

You didn't post your group makeups either btw, which matters alot for this zone.
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:12 am

Hrm, Chanter Cleric 3 warriors 3 rogues ranger Elementalist Illusionist 2 shamans
Bard Invoker I think was the makeup.

One of the warriors was wielding Valhalla + Tia Circlet and rocking a 30 damroll.
I think if he rangers next time instead and we have a warrior with a single digit
damroll (so less burning on shields), we should win!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:26 am

Not enough areas. 1 invoker? Same mistake in the last run I was in. You need at least a lich and invoker imo or two invokers to get past the human wave in good time.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:07 am

personally i think a necro might be better choice over lich, that way we can get deaders back with soul walk and not have to deal with ress fatigue, which on a timed zone like this can be crucial. possibly even swapping elem with necro in the king room and give the necro a stone wand and some displace scrolls to use on the king. freeing up the elem slot for said lich or another voker. Unless there is a reason that we have elem there that im missing.

On top of that i think a rogue is much better suited for this than a ranger, If globes are a problem everyone should be expected to bring along a collection of potions. better living through alchemy and all that. Chanter busy quaff a ampoule. cleric fighting in another room quaff some heal potion. I know most people who do this zone have some kind of collection of potions and scroll, what better place to use them in the most epic zone in the mud.

and if its a matter of farming ampoules or something like that ill start working on it tomorrow.
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:28 pm

crazy.. cp still hasn't been done.. what's it been in, like 5 years?

Return to “T2 Areas Discussion Archive”