Maker of Mayhem, petition

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon May 27, 2002 8:58 am

Oh come on dornax.. it really bothers you that much? I mean you yourself said in another thread that its important to kiss god bootie. I thought it was pretty much out in the open.

Ok, if it really bothers you then ill refrain from pointing out when you kiss up to the gods..

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon May 27, 2002 10:29 am

jurdex's comment was hillarious.

kia post was harsh, but private it or not you should always think about what your saying. if you don't want other people to see it or hear about it you shouldnt say it. however, im not sure what it added to the thread, but perhaps he felt attacked over the title incident with waelos. if someone comes out and tries to portray a situation falsely (imo) im going to provide argument or proof to the contrary. the log is only cruel and harsh cause of what the player said. how is that kia's fault.

>ok, kiryan, turdd, if i just sit there, afk, for about 24 hours a day.. im sure in no time ill hit that 50 ptime (Ok in 2 months) but i could be level 10, then i can strut my self, level 10 with a silly title?

2 months.. when was the last time you decided to do something and actually stuck with it for 2 months 24 hours a day... diet, exercise anyone? and who said anything about a silly title? im going to assume you meant silly as in trivial rather than actually funny. btw, you can get a shaman to 41 in 4 play days, a melee class to 46. both would be 50 in under 10 easy. so you can have a 3 word title if you can be "dedicated" for 10 days. yea.

lets talk about other examples of dedication, oh yea my favorite ress quest. only dedicated clerics should be able to get ress. course, every time a cleric gets ress, he makes an alt or quits. thats dedication for you.

the whole concept of dedication = worth for title is fubar. the concept that title fosters rp is also fuxord. level 50 doesnt foster role play, neither to strict rules on titles; the most refreshing role players i see are the level 2 ones. the guy who wrote 50 stupid ass spammy triggers cause he thinks they are cool not spent 10 days pleveling so he could walk around with some stupid title.

so what exactly was title rules supposed to stop? cause you took out a lot of good, way back, playstyle appropriate titles over trivial (imo) crap like your not level 50 or you got 1 word too many in your title.

>Then the 2nd point is, someone who has played here for 10 years, gets to 50 with about 15 days ptime, plus has done all sorts of things in that 15 days (quests, helping ppl, zones) and they aren't allowed a title because they aren't "Dedicated?" either way you break it down it doesn't seem fair.. 45 might be a more realistic point.. not too hard to get, as long as they write the story, really enjoy RP and the title is good, why not? of course, why not let a level 35 then either?.. level restriction? just means the staff must want ppl who are willing to spend hours and hours of killing things really boring.. (or days and days of getting zone exp enchanters must have it rough if they want a title.. leveling them even in the 20s is a pain.. and think of how many level 50 enchanters you know compared to any other class...

exactly. how can you say being level 50 gives you the right to a title any more than having 50 play days. How do you handle the discrepancy between the amount of dedication it takes to get a enchatner to 50 to the dedication to get a rogue afk exping to 50? Someone who rp's constantly, writes hundreds of stories about his character, puts in 300 play days but is only level 19 can never have a title. hes not high enough to be in a guild, hes not high enough to have a level 50 title. the rules are being interpreted far too strictly.

please, focus on the intent of this rule rather than the words.

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 05-27-2002).]
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Mon May 27, 2002 11:46 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Oh come on dornax.. it really bothers you that much? I mean you yourself said in another thread that its important to kiss god bootie. I thought it was pretty much out in the open.
Ok, if it really bothers you then ill refrain from pointing out when you kiss up to the gods..

Corth</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Corth, just because not everyone adheres to your philosophy of rebel without a cause does not mean they are kissing ass. I like and respect Kia, but I certainly don't agree with him in many different situations. Because I am capable of handling myself without becoming bitter and angry does not mean I am kissing up. I don't need to do that. It nets me nothing. You've always had a you (and your crew) versus the world mentality. It serves you well in maximizing your abilities as an extremely good player and leader here. However, it can cause unnecessary situations like this.

I am not the only one who congratulates or thanks the staff on their hard work, but whenever I do you always have some smartass reply. Its gotten disturbingly common. I only ask that you extend the same courtesy to me that I grant you.

As far as the posting of a "private conversation" goes, it was over petition. Any God online would have and likely did see it. I don't see how it is private. I do agree with Kiryan in the instance that its only an issue if the player comes off looking bad, which in this case happened.

I like Weylarii and I think he could easily have his title if he wanted it. Members in my own guild hold true to his stance of not thinking it is necessary to have a story for their title in the guild. To each his own, but to act like the Gods are out to get player's and stop their fun is a bit of a reach. Enjoy the amenities offered to you and make the most of your time here, no?

Dornax
Jurdex

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"

[This message has been edited by Jurdex (edited 05-27-2002).]

Postby Guest » Mon May 27, 2002 3:55 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Corth:
<B>Kia.. its very inappropriate to post a log of a private conversation. Its bad enough when mortals post logs of conversations they have with each other in tells. Its worse when a forger admin violates the understanding that a conversation is private.

Corth

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry, I don't understand... how is this a private conversation? It was carried out via petition.

--D2
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Mon May 27, 2002 4:10 pm

Right out of help disclaimer

6) All "private" conversation to and from you is NOT private and
may be read by the OWNERS and GODS and their designated representatives
if they so chose.

All text becomes the property of the OWNERS and may not be displayed
elsewhere without their written permission. No part of this MUD, be it
MUD generated or USER generated my be reproduced or displayed elsewhere
without the express written permission of the OWNERS.

We, as players playing here, have agreed that the text we input is the property of the owners of the mud. And as one of the highest placed Immortals on the mud, that gives Kiaransalee the right to make it public.

That disclaimer used to be required viewing for all new character creation. It still exists, and by playing this mud everyone has agreed to it. So nothin inappropriate at all - it's all public sector stuff.

Weylarii, in a similar situation as yours, I'd consider writing a series of short stories - exerpts from your adventures where they inevitably end with 'Damn, lost again' or something similar. I think it'd be funny, and would possibly satisfy the title requirement. Image

-Sylvos
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Mon May 27, 2002 4:16 pm

*laugh* I'm not at all ashamed of what I said over petition. I am a person with ideas, feelings and I am not afraid to express them. Kia is labelling me as being childish because, I feel, I did not back down. I do not always express myself eloquently or perfectly. I admit that. However, it does not change the validity of what I am saying, does it?

Kia, I am very disappointed in you. It surprises me that you'd post a log of a god/player conversation. Had I done that, to defame or deface YOU, I would be in very, very deep trouble. It would show no respect for you or the position you hold. I would not stoop that low. I've had plenty of opportunity to log and post conversations with Imms and players, many of which would make them look very childish, stupid, mean or whatever. . . you included. But I have enough respect to understand that they are not ansi mobs. . .they are people, and a log is just a snapshot of a particular moment in a dynamic being's existence and wouldn't really prove anything other than what a vindictive jerk I was capable of being.

Anyway, I am sorry I have upset you so much that you felt the need to post a log. It seems we’ve always had our differences, Kia. I don’t know how I’ve wronged you in the past. But relly, is it any wonder I feel like you have a personal agenda against me?

Jurdex- Yes, I could have my title back if I wanted to write a 2 page story about something I didn’t have anything to do with the creation of. I could have my title back if I gave in to something that I feel is 100% silly and vindictive. I could waste my time to send a story to a black hole in cyberspace where no one will ever see or care about it after submission. And there are obviously a lot of people who agree with me, but they are afraid to speak out. Who wouldn’t be?

And as to the allegations of Corth and DSR having an “Us against the World” mentality. . . well, its much less our perception than reality, I think. It is pretty sad that we’ve come to feel this way. And of course, feeling that way and acting in response to those feelings only perpetuates the cycle. . . anyway! Look me up in game, and we can chat about the whole thing, if you want. I promise not to log it! *snicker* (sorry, had to have ONE jab! Muhahaha)

D2- People are under the impression that the conversations over petition are 'private' because of two things, I believe. 1) The staff is perceived as one entity. and more importantly, 2) Players have been deleted/punished for posting logs of gods petitioning to them in the past. . . and I believe that it was during those times they were labled as 'private' or with some connotation that could be interpreted as such. Like I said earlier, I never thought the conversation was private, and I don't care who knows what I say. I have nothing to hide. It is just the opinion of some that posting any logged conversation for personal gain or in an attempt to make someone else look bad is in very bad form.

Anyway, I know none of this is going to change anything. I just refuse to back down when I feel someone is attacking me personally. I hold no ill will, I know its just a job for you guys, you do a darn good job. Sometimes, you let personal feelings leak in. . . it is only human =) OK, everyone have a nice day. I'm going to try as well! Take care =)

No longer Lost.

------------------
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon May 27, 2002 4:29 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by D2:
<B> I'm sorry, I don't understand... how is this a private conversation? It was carried out via petition.

--D2</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Players do not expect logs of their conversations.. over petition, or tells, with gods, to be posted on the bbs. Simple as that. Just as gods dont expect for players to do the same thing to them. So yah, all the gods see the petition channel. But the conversation is still private. Not in a legal way, but in an ettiequete way. It wont be good for this mud if the gods start breaking common standards of decency in order to get in a few flames...

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon May 27, 2002 4:32 pm

Dornax,

I told you before that if it means so much to you I would 'refrain' from posting about what an ass-smoocher you are. So now your asking me again... and once again I say that in the interest of not hurting any feelings, I won't post my observations when I see that you are kissing god buttocks.

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Mon May 27, 2002 5:06 pm

ok, this is the part where Erevan closes this topic. it's WAY off the subject.

------------------
Leah A. W.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon May 27, 2002 5:09 pm

edit: on second thought, i dont want to say it.

[This message has been edited by Corth (edited 05-27-2002).]
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Mon May 27, 2002 6:11 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Waelos:
You're like the cop that pulls someone over for picking their nose while driving for 'reckless endangerment by not having two hands on the wheel at all times'.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahah, wey wey picks his nose!

Glorishan
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Tue May 28, 2002 12:03 am

well i think one thing you should always consider, don't have a converstation on the mud that you wouldn't want everyone to know.. because sooner or later its very possible for it to get out anyway...

------------------
Mishri }-Sentinel-{ Shades of Twilight
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue May 28, 2002 6:16 am

very true mishre..

which doesn't mean it isn't bad form for someone to post a log like that..

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue May 28, 2002 8:02 am

omg all petitions should be posted! imagine all the funny shit that gods hear but are restricted from sharing with the rest of us.
Grxx
Sojourner

Postby Grxx » Tue May 28, 2002 9:22 am

i love how the bbs works, this started as one guy protesting somthing he felt was an injustice and as usual quickly turned into something entirely different, hadda see it coming tho
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue May 28, 2002 3:16 pm

Quite frankly, I don't have the time or desire to write up an RP story. So much for those social guilds, huh? I think the policing of titles has gone a bit overboard, actually. But to each their own, I will voice my opinion here, and leave it at that.

Oh, and I definitely feel that while it is not against the rules to post a god/player log, it is very bad form. Whoever said: If I posted a log like that about a god, I'd get bagged...

I think that sums it up pretty well, at least from my perspective.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
gogk
Sojourner

Postby gogk » Tue May 28, 2002 3:52 pm

Would just like to throw my two cents in here, but i have to admit i might say something that some one has already said.
Why? cause my head hurts from the war and peace novels people post.

Ok, here i go. Changing title cause "of" is a third word...stupid as all hell. Complaining about it also not a smart move cause people with power sometimes have a bad day and know they can do whatever they want to you wo they will. and completely rub your face in it....cause they can. not for nothing the rules state this and the rules state this and no execptions will be made...

BUT LIKE GOGK ALWAYS SAYS ITS NOT WHO YOU KNOW ITS WHO YOU BLOW.

I say that cause there are rules about names that the gods bend for other people calling it grand fathering. i call it favoritism. PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH is what i always say.

Dont try to justify your favoritism. id bet my nuts if turxx was one of these god's "grandfater clause" people this wouldnt even be an issue. but he isnt. so why not fuck with him. ya know the type of player that puts a crap load of time into the game.

We all know those are the people we should piss off and make them work around the game as opposed to the game working with these types of players.

OH WAIT i know im gonna get this later so lemme answer it for you now. 2 examples od players names that dont fit the rules but are put up with is

Cullin-a good irish name for a gnome. (yeah thats rp)

Chubbalub-the sweet name we like to call an infant..(way to go gods. thats right stick your guns about the rules! great example you are setting)

then again this is just my opinion i might be way off

------------------
Gogk, Everyone Picks On The Fat Kid

Postby Guest » Tue May 28, 2002 4:32 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gogk:
<B>I say that cause there are rules about names that the gods bend for other people calling it grand fathering. i call it favoritism. PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH is what i always say.

Dont try to justify your favoritism. id bet my nuts if turxx was one of these god's "grandfater clause" people this wouldnt even be an issue. but he isnt. so why not fuck with him. ya know the type of player that puts a crap load of time into the game.

We all know those are the people we should piss off and make them work around the game as opposed to the game working with these types of players.

OH WAIT i know im gonna get this later so lemme answer it for you now. 2 examples od players names that dont fit the rules but are put up with is

Cullin-a good irish name for a gnome. (yeah thats rp)

Chubbalub-the sweet name we like to call an infant..(way to go gods. thats right stick your guns about the rules! great example you are setting)

then again this is just my opinion i might be way off

It's always nice to compare apples to apples. What you posted are first names. What is being debated here are assoc titles. There is no comparison between those two. Assoc titles are being in the process of being reviewed (as people sometimes are gone for quite awhile and we don't see them) and the guidelines are being enforced on everyone. The only "exception" to the assoc title rules are level 50 titles, and that's because level 50 titles have always had more leeway.

Erevan

------------------
gogk
Sojourner

Postby gogk » Tue May 28, 2002 4:39 pm

please open your eyes man. the debate is about the RULES of the title and why he cant keep his. THE RULES state he cant keep his. THESE VERY RULES which are bent for other people so please hop down off the high horse come down to earth with the rest of lowly rp players who make the game.

------------------

Postby Guest » Tue May 28, 2002 5:00 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gogk:
<B>please open your eyes man. the debate is about the RULES of the title and why he cant keep his. THE RULES state he cant keep his. THESE VERY RULES which are bent for other people so please hop down off the high horse come down to earth with the rest of lowly rp players who make the game.

This debate was about "Maker of Mayhem". That is an assoc title. The rules are in place for those titles. There are exceptions to those rules (level 50 titles).

You are bringing up first names. Rules are in place for first names. There are exceptions to first names, on very limited basis, such as Cullen. Hell if Rand and/or Regnarami came back to play (if you remember them, gratz to you) I and Miax would let them keep their names as well. These names are from a time when we didn't even HAVE associations. Btw, Chubalub I have no idea what you are talking about there, although it appears you are conversant in "baby-talk".

You say you are talking about "RULES of the title" and then say "THESE VERY RULES" are bent for others. You are wrong. They are not. The "RULES of the title" aren't bent for anyone (except level 50s which has always happened). However, other rules such as first names, can and may be bent on occasion. I am not denying that. However, this has nothing to do with "RP" or my "high horse". It has to do with people who don't like something (assoc titles for instance) taking something completely different (first names) for instance, and using that to make up some bullshit argument.

You essentially asked for a response. You got one. You don't have to like it. However, you have to live with it since Kia and I are the Assoc Gods, and we created those rules. The players essentially requested those rules, and there are very few people complaining about them. Feel free to bitch all you want about how it sucks or it's unfair. There is a quote which goes "You can please some of the people all of the time. You can also please all of the people some of the time. However, you can't please all of the people all of the time". We run this mud for shits and giggles. We aren't paid. We admin/code/areas/quest from work. We risk pissing off our bosses (which has happened).
In summary, we care about this mud. We try to make it the best place for the players that we can. We know we aren't going to please you all. We sometimes get sick of seeing whines and bitches on the boards. However, we work through it all and keep trying to improve this place. Please keep that in mind when you try to claim we "target" people. One, I don't know who in the hell you are. Two, I don't CARE who in the hell you are. This isn't personal. THIS IS A GAME.

Erevan

------------------
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Tue May 28, 2002 5:09 pm

Heh, some of you must have some horrible lives or something that in order to be satisfied during the day you must bring up old fights, grudges, call someone an ass kisser, call someone stupid, bitch at a staff member, bitch at a player, and all this other crap on the bbs. Some of you even like to flame and fight so much that you argue when it has nothing to do with you, your character, or anything and instead defend someone who hasn't even posted just so you can bitch, oy.

*takes a deep breath*

Sorry, I apologize for that. Having a weird day. Need to soak in the tub with lots of bubbles...mmmmmmm

------------------
Jennie
@}--`--,---
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue May 28, 2002 5:23 pm

Bravo Jenera. I had a big ugly one written out before Erevan posted, but I just used my "back" button instead. How well you hit the nail on the head.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue May 28, 2002 5:45 pm

gogk's points are valid. naming rules are subjective just like the title rules are. i dont know that any favortism is going on in titles, havent cared enough to look around. however for naming, many blatant concessions have been made. Most of us are just asking yall to give some leeway on title rules. were not even asking you to rewrite them, just don't blindly enforce them to the letter. if it makes sense and is good rp then allow it. here are some more examples of leeway in name violations in addition to gogk's.

ephrael the paladin. search yahoo for ephrael, 243 listings including the below

But Now Mandrake has a new way of doing things... Mandrake sold his youngest child to Lucifer & Ephrael the demons of Chaos.

ragorn the ranger bears a striking resemblnce to aragorn the ranger in the well known lord of the rings saga. he's always denied doing it purposefully, and i believe him. however, thats never helped anyone else before.

aryk the paladin, any way you pronounce it it comes off as either biblical or a common name in fantasy. ark as in ark of the convenant or noah's ark, or eric/auric.

Kasula is a name, its also a word in another language.

Caz, apparently is the rl name of a norweigan artist. Caz Novak, however, I had no idea till i just did a yahoo search. this is a blatant violation of naming rules. Not only that it bears a striking resemblence to "Kaz" which is the subject and title of a dragonlance book "Kaz" the minotaur which i did read but was not the inspiration for Caz. The inspiration btw was his original name Cuz which was short for because, Caz is supposed to be similar though perhaps with a strange accent. oh an interesting enough, theres a player with the name kuz.

Sok is a common cambodian first name. 573000 matches on yahoo.

Jegzed is listed in the 1000 names for a baby.

Kissir the yuan enchanter? kiss her?

Remember oxon? he was forced to change his name cause its two rl words. "ox" the beast of burden and "on"

Ssisserro the yuan cleric was renamed because of the resemblence (by my intent) to Cicero the roman lawyer. Thats a damn good name imo and fit the race too. but is also obviously a violation of naming rules.

So explain why the title rule is religiously enforced to the letter and in detriment to RP while blatant violations of the naming rules are allowed?

and interesting enough, i have a log of my own that i wont post of a rather well known high up god getting all pissy about titles.

in the incident he says what is either a mistake or a blatant lie in order to encourage someone to change their title. in response to very tame questions, like what don't you like about my title. how does my title violate any rules, he starts going off on people having really crappy titles that are an eyesore and if he has to get together with association gods and write up strict rules to take care of all this stuff he will. 6 weeks later we get the title declaration.

oh and side note, the individual was more than willing to change the title and did so merely cause the god asked em to rather than trying to defend it with the rules.

ask yourself, are titles and names areas that you should really be policing to the letter? you all are obviously not doing for names.

we all know whats going on here with titles, lighten up and enforce the purpose of the changes not the letter of the law. purpose being regulating blatantly bad titles. if ive missed the purpose, someone please correct me.

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 05-28-2002).]

Postby Guest » Tue May 28, 2002 5:52 pm

If you really want us to go back to the days where Mystra had us doing Google searches on all new names and if more than 1 or 2 hits showed up to deny them....

1. It's a pain in the ass.
2. I'm not Cambodian, so how the hell do I know Sok is a common word.
3. I'm not ready to go back to being that anal retentive on names.
4. You really don't want us declining 80% of names because "it doesn't sound right".
5. Dunno, having 5 reasons is cool.

Mask

------------------
gogk
Sojourner

Postby gogk » Tue May 28, 2002 6:06 pm

if that is the case mask why be so anal retentive on the word "of" in the title of someone who plays this game like everyone else does with time and effort, someone who cares for the game as many of us do. what im saying E is that dont have people including gods preach about the rules that demand turxx lose his title when, in fact the very rules you ask us to go by are bent for those OU feel worthy. its favoritsm flat out deal with. i call a spade a spade E.

above that if you feel it your business to insult my opinion by calling it baby talk it must mean you are offended by the truth i am putting down here. maybe cause you yourself are guilty of favoritism.

Jenera im outta work with nerve damage to my arm. so i have all day to sit here and make these statements as i see fit.

i think it funny coming from someone who used to use ooc all night to complain about their love life or lack of therefor.
so please b4 you knock someon who is posting opinions here take a look in the mirror.

the fact here is its just wrong to go by the rules in some cases and not in others. im sticking up for a friend here and i stand by what i say. which makes my point that others do not stand by their point i.e. gods and their rules.

------------------
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Tue May 28, 2002 6:11 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
Jegzed is listed in the 1000 names for a baby.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never heard this, and suspect its a lie.

That would be hilarious if it was true..
Jegzed can be found (among 10K names) at http://www.kabalarians.com/male/jegzed.htm
becasue I submitted it there a few years ago.

If it was used, a search on the net would show anything at all about the name, except for my usage.

(My story for the name was when drows came in, I didn't know what name to take..)

help name drow
Males: Male drow have names of the same type as the females, but they are
much shorter (two syllables only), harsher and tend to use the
letter "z".
Examples: Kelnozz, Divolg, Jeggred, Szordin, Yazston, Vuzlyn

Jeggred sounded nice, and I just changed the spelling of it..

Damn I'm defensive.. but well.. Jegzed is MY name.. Nobody elses..

------------------
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue May 28, 2002 6:15 pm

I had a cat named 'Jegzed' when I was really young. Why did you steal its name?

------------------
-Yayaril
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue May 28, 2002 7:10 pm

rofl yaya.

your probably right jeg, it was the search on the web where i found the reference, and you could've very likely been the person to suggest it, i did not check in detail.

mask, hell no do i wanna go back to those days. so... can we please lighten up on titles?

reinstate "maker of mayhem" reinstate "lost" and re-consider any others that were adamant about their titles or wish to rehash the subject. you dont have to give in every time, but i don't see why you had to take such a hard line on those two in particular. well other than the mouthing off heh.
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Tue May 28, 2002 7:45 pm

heh, you are right gogk
i did come on ooc all the time at night to complain about my ex boyfriend and my messed up love life. Had no where else to go to find someone to talk to because I have no friends in real life, all my friends are on the mud, and it was easily ignored if you wanted me to shut up. I apologized for that ugly, I lost my temper but considering that I have never flamed, insulted, or said anything bad about anyone ever on the bbs, i wanted to do it once and it will never happen again. I don't like being mean to people.

*hugs gogk*

------------------
Jennie
@}--`--,---
Aedarton
Sojourner

Postby Aedarton » Tue May 28, 2002 7:52 pm

Your search - Aedarton - did not match any documents.
No pages were found containing "aedarton".

Hrmmmmmmmmm
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Tue May 28, 2002 8:16 pm

Why the hell is everyone bitching about titles? A couple months ago everyone was complaining that they were too lax (which they were). Now, the staff actually takes the time to enforce the rules and people flip out. There were some pretty darn stupid titles. I don't know about you, but I would like to see the mud held to the highest standard because that is why it is the best mud out there.

Plenty of folks in my guild had to remove their titles because either they didn't have a description or they needed to write a story to keep their guild title as a level 50 title. Some wanted the title bad enough that they complied, and some did not. However, the staff gave each person the CHOICE of whether or not they wanted to keep the title. They chose to NOT keep it. Which is very similar to every case brought up here. Lost and Maker of Mayhem can be titles, but the respective folks are choosing not to take the steps necessary to have them. That is their choice. This is not the fault of the staff.

I swear, if you guys keep bitching like this about totally trivial crap the bbs is either going to be removed or policed or the policy is going to become far more strict so they don't have to deal with the bullshit.

Stop taking for granted the game we enjoy and start enjoying the damn game.

Dornax
Jurdex

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Tue May 28, 2002 8:54 pm

i know it seems trivial, but its the principal, imho my title fit the theme of the game, my char and the way i play him. and i know its nothing personal against me, but it FEELS very personal, after all they took my NAME
as for my level 50 title, it is not going to be Maker of Mayhem. and i have taken the time to write a story, a small part of which is on the story board in dk(tho hastily written and as yet uneditted). and that too is something i did because i wanted to, i did not write it to meet any "requirements" of the gods.
and as for level 50 itself, i dont want that to become the driving force, or even a goal of why i play the game, if and when i ever get it it will be a BONUS.
lately ive been trying to focus on "getting the next level" and ive found myself becoming very upset when i die due to some small mistake, isp problems or lag.
thats not me, thats not they way i wish to be and i would like to take this moment to appoligize to those whom ive had a short fuse with by becoming upset over something that never bothered me b4
fck level 50
fck my stupid title
im going to play the game the way it makes me most happy.
as for my protest it stands, i am just going to try not to dwell on it and instead try to have fun again, after all that is why i play, when someone rains on your parade, sometimes the best thing to do is get an umbrella and go on with the parade

[This message has been edited by Turxx (edited 05-28-2002).]
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Tue May 28, 2002 9:27 pm

I am glad you're playing for the fun of it, Turxx. I applaud that.

You said level 50 is a bonus, and it is. Also, conversely so is the title you chose. It fit the standards of a level 50 title and thus is a bonus to those players who achieve the highest level and choose to write a story for a spanky title.

It is not our right to call ourselves whatever we want, rather, a bonus we are granted for putting in a little bit of hard work.

That is how I see it.

If you want to liken it to gameplay consider such spanky titles as Maker of Mayhem and Lost as a level 50 only zone which requires you not to spellup a group a slay a foe but rather to pick up a pen or a keyboard and write a tale of heroics or mischief to complete it. The loot you receive for such a "zone" is the title you are granted. Image

Dornax
Jurdex

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Tue May 28, 2002 9:50 pm

*trying not to kick a dead horse*
as ive said, my level 50 title is not going to be Maker of Mayhem
i have a last name, it has nothing to do with my guild or title and if i ever get a level 50 title itll have nothing to do with my guild either
nor will i display it as i do not display my last name Krush Skul, unless something were to happen to my guild, and i foresee nothing happening, the only title i wish to display is my Guild title, which is Maker of Mayhem, displayed or not displayed
kemi
Sojourner

Postby kemi » Tue May 28, 2002 11:16 pm

hrmm just cuz i can..

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

type help name gnome.

Gnome names are very long, silly and usually contain double consonants such
as: "pp" and "bb", or combinations such as: "mb", "nb" or "np" and often
end with "l" or "le".

omg.. Chubbalub is a perfect match. *gasp*
gogk
Sojourner

Postby gogk » Tue May 28, 2002 11:32 pm

jenera dont ever not flame on here this is whats its for express you opinion and i value your opinion. but just as anyother person here if you are going to go against what im trying to get across. im gonna poke holes in it.
*hug Jenera*

------------------
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Wed May 29, 2002 12:48 am

I just wanted to point out that i seem to remember a thread on SoS2 where there was a discusion about names being too strict so they said that they would try to slightly relax the rules a bit.. (espcially on wether it was appropriate for the race..to a point..)..

------------------
Mishri }-Sentinel-{ Shades of Twilight
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed May 29, 2002 1:07 am

They've relaxed a lot, from what I've heard and seen.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed May 29, 2002 1:18 am

If I submitted this name again, knowing now what I do about Tolkien etc, I'd expect it to be rejected. My name was, in fact, rejected when I registered for Sojourn 2. I had to have Miax change it for me when I saw him online.

First names that loosely sound like words, or that resemble words in other langauages, should be ok. I think Chubbalub Lubbadub is the best Gnome name I've seen in months, I laughed out loud when I saw it. But you can't reject every name players enter because "Frumpen" sounds like the last name of a German composer in the late 14th century.

As for the titles, nobody should get a personalized one until they're level 50. You should get a guild rank title and that's it. Less complaining that way Image

- Ragorn
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed May 29, 2002 1:47 am

can someone please tell me what the hell this stupid thread is about?

it's always been common knowledge that when you use petition any and all imms logged into the game with petition ON (which i think they are all required to have on) will hear it. it's not private.

i was told on day 2 here "dont say shit like that, they log tells here" that was 6 years ago. is it true? fuck if i know or care, but you are playing a free game on a publicly available server. be careful of what shit you say it WILL bite you in the ass.

and who cares about your title, turxx. is it that important to your life that your make believe character in a text based game does not have the title worded exactly the way you want it? it's a god damned game. go to gameshark.com and ask if they'll make a code for you to make your character invincible while you're at it.

the gods dont owe us anything, and i'm soo tired of the pretentious undertones of nearly everyone's posts lately.

ALL THIS crap about title was voiced several months ago in a similiar thread. you ALL AGREED that dumbshit titles needed to be out, and that some were so long and had aliasing that strained the eyes. so the gods listened to you all and implemented a very very fair and compromising guideline.

just live with it and get on with your lives. holy crap.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed May 29, 2002 1:53 am

oh btw, i nailed my descript and title on the first try. it's not that hard, and it describes what i do.

tagnik'zur waess....dragon skin.

seems a certain necro has taken exception to my using 'tagnik'zur' in my title since she apparantly owns the rights to that word in her last name (lost two corpses that a certain person refused to press over it).

when are we going to get over this petty bullshit?

kia was VERY tolerant and patient with all the shit weylos was throwing at him, and i'm sure he deals with that stuff every freakin day here.
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Wed May 29, 2002 2:14 am

yes my title is VERY important to me, i looked back on the bbs posts that spawned the rule change, and although i agree that there should be some regulation over stupid and rediculous titles, mine was not stupid or rediculous, as far as the bbs thread went, most all of the posts on the bbs are made by busy body whiners(alot of people i know dont have anything to do to the bbs because of this), and you Teyaha are one of the biggest, how many times did you cry on the bbs about how you were going to quit? how many of those same posts did i respond to with my few words asking you not to?
i dont like sounding like the whiner this thread causes, but it seems this is the way to get heard.
squeaky wheel gets the grease
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed May 29, 2002 2:22 am

i was labelled a whiner because i disagreed, and still do to an extent, with the politics in game. not the politics between administration and pbase, but within the pbase.

that's right, i tried to quit twice, and was asked not to and was even made to feel guilty for trying 'hey we spent all that time helping you to level and you're gonna quit?' was the general response.

i dont 'play' anymore, but i still log on and chat.
gogk
Sojourner

Postby gogk » Wed May 29, 2002 2:32 am

why is so hard to understand?...you people are walkin right into you with your own posts. the rules are set or they arent. either do it or dont. if they are gonna bend the rules because some kiss ass player OR some kick ass player has been here for years. then dont be so hard on the rules for everything else in the game.

its a title. thats all, to most people but its someting different to turxx. if they are gonna consider the "of" as a word ragorn they you bet your ass they should consider names like those you mentioned. i had a name rejected by one god and accepted by another a wipe later. the first i was told i couldnt have the name cause looked like jubblies from austin powers meaning tits. but i got it second time around. and noone was the wiser.

in cases like chubbalub yeah it is a great name but according the way i understand the system that isnt a very good name for these games standards.

they are just names, you say. they been under that name for years, you say. well when soj changed as it did many times so should the rules as they mid aswell. and ifg you expect other players to deal with the rules set the damn example and follow them yourselves.

and on the gods side. you want the game to run smoothly but the rules. then enforce the rules with these players you hold with such respect. and make them lead by example. cause i for shit sure am not gonna take you seriously if you let other people get by on the rules you try to push on me or any other new player that comes into this game.

------------------
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed May 29, 2002 2:56 am

This has gone on long enough.

Accusations of favoritsm are taken very seriously, and if you're going to level them - you better have solid proof.

Names are a requirement, and something that every god helps with. There will always be inconsistency in this system, it is unavoidable. The alternative is to have one god who approves names after a lengthy check.

Titles, on the other hand, are a privelige. Association titles are not my domain, and I will not comment on them other than to say that it appears to have been handled with the utmost fairness by the Staff in charge of it.

If you truly feel that the title system is unfair, I suggest you write soemthing expressing how you think it should be, minus the vitriol and resentment.
Carrying on in this manner is pointless and somewhat insulting.

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Wed May 29, 2002 3:22 am

Guild title rules: as sujested by Turxx

Each guild leader should appoint titles to their members as they see fit.

Players who have aquired level 50 titles may choose to display it in place of guild title.

Titles should take up no more than one line on the who list.

Titles should fit both the game theme and the theme of the guild.

Guild leaders are liable for guild titles.

If a god feels a guild title is deemed inappropriate the guild leader will be asked to change it. Major or repetiditive violations and the guild leader faces possible consiquences ranging from fines, loss of control over title functions and in extreme cases guild disband.

simple, plain and fair

the rule for titles in my guild was simple as well.
each member choose a title fitting their role in the guild.

[This message has been edited by Turxx (edited 05-28-2002).]
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed May 29, 2002 6:05 am

it was your guild's titles that were singled out when all of this started, turxx. if you wish to follow such rules you will NEED to rethink your titling methods.

you will need to compromise, if the administration is so inclined to compromise with what they've already set down after that lengthy, heated and flamby debate.

i really wish we'd stop revisiting things like this every few weeks. makes the game feel...stale?
gogk
Sojourner

Postby gogk » Wed May 29, 2002 8:59 am

shev. i like you. your a nice person. but that doesnt mean i should be frightened to share my opinion with everyone else at the risk of maybe insulting someone or not.

the truth of the matter is if they are insulted, just as in any other case, they feel they are somewhat guilty of it. now, im not saying every god does it. im not even saying you do it.

you want proof? its in these very posts. the very words spoken by the asmins. and players alike. so to wave your mighty fist around and say this is enough stop if you dont have proof is rather pointless.

this thread will stop. we will all move on to another flame another topic. but please dont tell me i need to prove my opinion. when the after all the proof is right here.

thank you.

------------------
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Wed May 29, 2002 9:17 am

So where is the proof, Gogk?

Specific instances..

Dornax
Jurdex

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Wed May 29, 2002 3:05 pm

The train of logic on this post derailed long ago. Someone call the NTSB.

Toplack

------------------

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”