Obama Administration Hypocrisy Over Cronyism

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Obama Administration Hypocrisy Over Cronyism

Postby teflor the ranger » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:00 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/01/business/01labor.html
Business groups fear that the appointment of Craig Becker, a lawyer for the A.F.L.-C.I.O. and the Service Employees International Union, will push the board to favor unions on dozens of issues — like whether companies should be required to allow union organizers on their property during organizing drives.
Last edited by teflor the ranger on Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Todrael
Sojourner

Re: Obama's Cronyism

Postby Todrael » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:22 pm

avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:32 pm

Are you suggesting that these appointees lack the merits to hold these positions?

Otherwise, I fail to see how appointing people that align with Obama's philosophies is anything short of mundane.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:00 pm

A good idea when you post stories is also to give your own oppnion on the story. Since the article I read was not very obvious if you were for or against it.

Personally I am very fine with trade unions. They ofcourse need to do the job with providing better work conditions for the masses, and not misuse their capital etc.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:41 pm

Disoputlip wrote:A good idea when you post stories is also to give your own oppnion on the story. Since the article I read was not very obvious if you were for or against it.

Personally I am very fine with trade unions. They ofcourse need to do the job with providing better work conditions for the masses, and not misuse their capital etc.

Thanks for your opinion, Disopoutlip. I am not necessary for or against cronyism by posting this, but merely criticizing the hypocrisy with which many liberals in my country criticized the previous president for and remain silent on the current administration - doing exactly what their champion administration is currently doing.
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:13 pm

If he had to post an opinion he wouldn't be able to troll.

FTA:
7 of Mr. Bush’s 10 appointments to the N.L.R.B. had been recess appointments, one of them the Chamber of Commerce’s director of labor law policy.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:29 am

Yes, and it was the liberals and democrats that decried Bush's cronyism that are suspectly silent when it's done by one of their own.

Shame on you hypocrites.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”