Mexicans fleeing Arizona

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
kiryan
Sojourner

Mexicans fleeing Arizona

Postby kiryan » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:12 am

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/201 ... tion_N.htm

Well I think that was part of Arizona's point, if you are in our state illegally, get out. So it sounds like things are going well. Hopefully they all go to California sanctuary cities where they can help drive that liberal state into either prosperity or bankruptcy. I'm betting on bankruptcy.

The funny part about this article is that it focuses on all these hispanics leaving because they don't feel free, because they don't want to be worried about hassling. BULLSHIT. 99% of the hispanics that leave are going to leave because they are illegal or have family members that are illegal. Its clearly a sympathy piece ignoring salient facts.

The economic impact is going to be the wild card... if 100k people leave, there are going to be fiscal impacts. On the other hand, it may still be worth it between the decrease in the state's expenses and the propensity of illegals to deal in cash skipping most taxes other than the sales tax.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Re: Mexicans fleeing Arizona

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:19 am

The rapid change to the market in Arizona will be devastating on local businesses. Of course, this devastation will occur to the local businesses that catered to the people who are leaving, and the businesses that catered to those businesses...

Actually, those who remain in Arizona may only be marginally affected.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:03 am

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... gD9GG24CG0

I have a feeling this will be a nationwide trend, particularly in red states.
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:55 am

I'm all for it. I tried to get a part time job here (Tucson, Az) several months ago but really couldn't due to the glut of mexican labor here.

I doubt it will make a difference though, cops around here have been asking for papers for years, because there's nothing that says they CAN'T do it...
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Nurpy Fuzzyfeet wrote:I'm all for it. I tried to get a part time job here (Tucson, Az) several months ago but really couldn't due to the glut of mexican labor here.

I doubt it will make a difference though, cops around here have been asking for papers for years, because there's nothing that says they CAN'T do it...

Don't walk too far west of Tuscon, Nurpy. The Obama administration decided to fight the armed invasion of Arizona by drug cartels and Mexican crime syndicates by putting up signs that warn Americans not to use American public lands.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”