BC needs love!

For discussion of all area related issues - stats, new zones, quest issues, etc.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

BC needs love!

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:19 am

Bronze citadel never gets done, i've played here for over 2 years and i can remeber how many times its been done on one hand , I've never actually been myself, and that bugs me. the gear is being outdated, its still high end but why spend 4 hrs getting ac 20 1/2 armor when u can spend an hour getting ac 20 2/2 pfa, the sleeves are top tier for sure, The amulet, bracelet and the robe are all nice very HP heavy but the gear out there like sm agility bracelet and neckware make it much less useful, people perfer maxagi to hp, id rather not get hit with low HP than get hit with a tone of HP.

And from the couple of people Ive talked to agree the IN/Out style of fighting is lame, I'm not sure youd have to talk to someone whos been there a couple of times.

Just a thought for when someone is looking for a new project, BC needs love!

P.S. others feel free to contribute who know the zone better.

Thanks

Pazak
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Re: BC needs love!

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:08 am

+1
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:21 am

Agreed. This zone needs some major revisions so it is actually worth the time it takes.
The challenge is awesome and makes it very fun and scary; the rewards earned not so much. The sleeves are the best balanced (ac 12 ftw!), but nothing else is overly exciting.
Gukov
Sojourner

Postby Gukov » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:02 pm

This is a hugely fun zone I think. I wouldn't necessarily characterize it as needing 'major' revisions... just a couple things could use small stat boosts or else maybe downgrade stat inflated eq that has come in the past decade or so.
Lorendel Ebonmist
Sojourner

Postby Lorendel Ebonmist » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:57 am

Never been to BC either....
Elet
Sojourner

Postby Elet » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:44 am

I love BC :) been there once? twice? i cant remember when was the last time i did it.

Maybe need to adjust the in and out final fight a little. item statwise? well i dont know much about item stats nowadays :)
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:41 pm

I think BC fights just need some adjusting, its alot of in/out style fighting which is boring. I love doing top grid of tiamat fights are crazy and fun... you gottta stay focused. BC outer ring you do hit/run on a patrol, rinse repeat till you find key... then inner ring you do same thing hit/run on patrols for key. then you go through prison couple single fights and then your back to hit/run on patrols on inside then you do Bel which is in/out style fight. Concept and Idea of BC is great but fights need some adjusting to make them fun and not so in/out fighting style... rewards can get looked at but I think if zone was fun it would be done more often.
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:39 pm

bc is crazy fun, the last fight with the door is awesome, you screw the timing up of that at all and yer splat.. possibly change some of the inner fights to shorten the duration of the zone. either that or update the eq to make it as good as some of the new stuff. It's an awesome zone. It should be done more often.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:53 pm

Alot of the fights int his game are in and out, kind of like when you fight Thanuk's mom.
grundar
Sojourner

Postby grundar » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:55 pm

The only thing this zone really needs is to remove the need for imms to be at keys when doing it because one of two things happened:

1 - patrol that opens the cell door broke
&
2 - somehow pop hit and the magical seal chain that needs to happen to unlock bel's door was disturbed.

proposed fixes:

to fix problem 1 add an emergency switch type object to the cell, this object will open the cell door from the inside but it will also open the exit from a blind distro room 1 room above which will drop a handful of mobs on your group. so either you are sure that the cell door broke and you flip the emergency switch or if you hit it early you end up making the cell fight A LOT harder.

to fix problem 2 make the magical seals reload in the rooms where the mobs that hold them were after every remove command.

easy fixes and now you dont need to make sure an imm is present to do the zone.
Thilindel on Irony: Glibble GCC: 'stupid assed whiners'

Return to “T2 Areas Discussion Archive”