Dragonspear Castle

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Gukov
Sojourner

Dragonspear Castle

Postby Gukov » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:17 am

I posted in logs but this board is probably more visited, so...

I trimmed a log of the one run I've been to dragonspear castle on, in hopes that people who like to lead zones might some day decide to give it a try. Hopefully the eq there isn't totally negated by new zones.

http://www.bobjam.net/dsc.txt

It's a fairly long log, but not really any longer than it has to be... all the necessary info for doing the zone is basically in the file. It's about a year old so I don't think much would have been changed.
Botef
Sojourner

Re: Dragonspear Castle

Postby Botef » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:17 pm

Fun zone but some nasty spanks in the past combined with mediocre, niche gear makes it rather unrewarding. Until the supporting quests for all the rare junk is put in it probably should be left alone in regards to changes. Its a fun zone but I'm hesitant to do it unless the group is solid, and the only two things Id want are the legplates and the axe.

arcane bracelet is decent
hellfire medallion is pretty average for a mage neck
legplates are good because they have max_agi lol
regular black crown is trash
belt is ok but 2/2 belts have never been very popular, AC is on par with 3 dam belts
battleaxe is about the best thing in the zone
demonskull helmet has acceptable stats but is outweighed by demonic crown and other head items, which are far easier to get
mental prowess crown is also pretty lol, like the ansi though
shield is junk
runestone is kinda cool
cloak of foresters is reasonable but has way too many damn restrictions
gloves have their niche, but are just that
robe is alright but blah
eyepatch is pretty silly too

Too much +hit, too many niche items, too many items you'd expect from a easier zone. I believe a good number of the rare items are intended to be used in quests that just haven't made it over yet so I wouldn't suggest any stat changes, unless those quests are never coming.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
muxxissinix
Sojourner

Postby muxxissinix » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:31 pm

an orb of etherealness (mid level weapon, proc is useless when it decides to proc).
robes of utter darkness (decent mid level mage body robe).

we finished a quest using an item from there and the reward was really disappointing (mid level mage about body cloak with couple of prots).

The zone is not hard to lead, zone just take long and a solid group.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:36 pm

I wish I could redo a zone rather than wait for
Lathander :(
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
grundar
Sojourner

Postby grundar » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:54 pm

the zone would be a lot more doable if you didnt have to fight your way back out through gates... thats 20-30 wasted minutes there. read: stop popping of the outside grid as well.
it's always been puzzling as to why after fighting through hordes of devils and then killing their overboss and taking his loot you still have to go back and kill their gate guards who stand guard outside the castle.
Thilindel on Irony: Glibble GCC: 'stupid assed whiners'
Ikhar
Sojourner

Postby Ikhar » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:33 pm

I never finished the quests on Homeland either so I doubt you'll see what was intended on Toril.

Also the stats on eq was high-end on Homeland and should of course have been altered to fit in with Toril. But I wasn't around to do it and I guess noone else bothered either.

Am glad it ended up here anyway, at least some people did it a few times and the hours I spent making it wasn't totally wasted :P
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:04 pm

How are you, you damn Swede :)
Ikhar
Sojourner

Postby Ikhar » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:06 pm

hey old timer :)

Just fine here.

Sitting in my new house watching my newborn son (first child) sleeping.

How's this place going, still exist? I found the forum more by mistake than anything and discovered I had an account :P

I've tried alot of othe ronline games down the years but none could keep me even for a year, always compared them to Soj/Toril and they fell short.

So how many of the old guys (CS, RoT) are still around. You and Dlur?

Damn now I feel like making zones again. I had more stuff on Homeland and better zones than Dragonspear Castle imo.

How are you yourself?
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:55 pm

Good man, and congrats on the child. We have 3 now ourselves, and a new puppy. Still playing after all these years, and still enjoying it. Plenty of new content, items, etc. to keep me entertained. I think I'm the last CS guy around, maybe RoT too. Dlur pops on every now and then. A couple of other old timers still around though, so it's cool.

You should see about playing again :)
Ikhar
Sojourner

Postby Ikhar » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:14 pm

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:
You should see about playing again :)

Yeah, gonna be home with the kid for about seven months from february. Perhaps I'll have some time then ;)
Ikhar
Sojourner

Postby Ikhar » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:39 am

By the way Adriorn I never got that Imix cloak (or was it the Yan you borrowed?) back before wipe and everyone scattered to the winds. I'd guess with interest and inflation that would amount to a top of the line set of warrior eq should I come back to play eh? :P

More seriously though. If I ever get (take) the time to do some zonework again, who should I talk to? Probably would need to speak to Jim as well and see if he could reopen the old area section for Homeland and maybe I could transfer some more zones. I would escpecially like to transfer the village of eveningstar and the haunted halls of eveningstar.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:35 pm

Yeah, let me know and I'll tell Jim, but yes, he's the guy to talk to.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:40 pm

That'd be me man, dugmaren.toril@gmail.com

Lathander was in charge of the Homeland integration so I'm not really up on the required changes to move stuff over buuuut.. he's ... MIA 210 days now and I'm sure I can figure it out :)

Drop me a beep
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:24 pm

...or that :P
grundar
Sojourner

Postby grundar » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:29 pm

Ikhar wrote:I could transfer some more zones. I would escpecially like to transfer the village of eveningstar and the haunted halls of eveningstar.

<3 this
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:44 pm

Lizardman marsh please. Also please introduce the great quests and atrifacts.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”