Clinton reminding us of something Democrats forgot.

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
kiryan
Sojourner

Clinton reminding us of something Democrats forgot.

Postby kiryan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:44 am

Its funny, before the election they couldn't see any sense at all for Democracy in Iraq and Afghanistan, remember its a civil war. Now, Clinton's remarks in solidarity with Vietnam over a territorial dispute, shows us what supporting democracy can achieve, South Korea. I mean talk about a quagmire, we've been there for several decades now and I believe they are still at formal war with NK, but for some odd reason team blue aint talking about pulling our 30k or so troops out of there. And come to think of it, I haven't heard them talk about cutting off funding for Obama's surge in Afghanistan or holding his feet to the fire on the ALL combat TROOPS WILL BE OUT OF IRAQ WITHIN 12 MONTHS OF BEING ELECTED (nice add of "combat", cuz I'm sure thats what the activists really cared about, combat troops, not the tens of thousands of support troops).

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/24/world ... diplo.html

Mrs. Clinton’s discussions in Vietnam wrapped up a grueling trip that has been a tour of America’s wars, past and present — from Afghanistan to the demilitarized zone in South Korea, and finally to Hanoi. In Kabul, she drew a line from the American experience in Korea to the Afghan war, pointing out that success can be elusive for many decades, yet still come.

“We saw South Korea struggle to become a functioning democracy — huge amounts of instability, coups, corruption, scandal, you name it,” Mrs. Clinton said. It’s good to remind ourselves: the United States has stood with countries that went through a lot of ups and downs for a lot longer than eight years.”
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Re: Clinton reminding us of something Democrats forgot.

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:30 pm

Ah, withdrawing troops from Iraq. Yet another failed Obama promise.

I wonder who he's going to blame for this one?
Carneades-IgnosticM.
Sojourner

Postby Carneades-IgnosticM. » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:09 am

Pres. Obama has indeed kept his word on pulling most of our troops out of Iraq! Whilst the non-combat troops remaining might encounter fights, for the most part they will just aid the Iraqi military. Had we not gone there in the first place- Cheney-Shrub deception- we could have prevented all those civilian deaths as well as our members deaths. We could have used other means against that tyrant.
Anyway, Cheney-Shrub, dropped the ball in Afghanistan, making harder to have a functioning democracy that could win over the Taliban , whom we should have defeated gloriously years ago!
I differ from the administration in that I advocate bringing Cheney-Shrub to justice with their own admissions of granting the right to torture, using water-boarding and for using renditions that ended in torture. I differ also in wanting to dismantle the anti-civil rights positions that those two perverts installed. They perverted the Constitution!
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:27 pm

kiryan wrote:Its funny, before the election they couldn't see any sense at all for Democracy in Iraq and Afghanistan, remember its a civil war.

Fail, complete fabrication. Did not read the rest.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:16 pm

you don't remember senate democrats lining up in front of the cameras to say the surge wouldn't work and that it is a civil war theres nothing the USA could do.

memory fail
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:25 am

kiryan wrote:you don't remember senate democrats lining up in front of the cameras to say the surge wouldn't work and that it is a civil war theres nothing the USA could do.

memory fail

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=22327
"All you have to do is look at the facts."
"This war is lost."
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:31 am

Carneades-IgnosticM. wrote:Pres. Obama has indeed kept his word on pulling most of our troops out of Iraq!

50,000 armed US troops, ready for combat, deployed in a foreign hostile operating area, fully supported by massive armaments in the air, on land, and on sea, are currently deployed in Iraq - were you being ignorant or naive?

Carneades-IgnosticM. wrote:Whilst the non-combat troops remaining might encounter fights, for the most part they will just aid the Iraqi military.

What kind of aid do you think 50,000 troops provide to another military? Or are we unarmed in South Korea for the good old times?

Carneades-IgnosticM. wrote:Had we not gone there in the first place- Cheney-Shrub deception- we could have prevented all those civilian deaths

You mean these civilian deaths?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halabja_poison_gas_attack
The attack quickly killed thousands of people (around 5,000 dead) and injured around 11,000, most of them civilians.

History, learn it bitches.

Carneades-IgnosticM. wrote:Anyway, Cheney-Shrub, dropped the ball in Afghanistan, making harder to have a functioning democracy that could win over the Taliban , whom we should have defeated gloriously years ago!

I can see a pattern of ignorant statements rolling out like a carpet. I think I'm done with this post.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:44 pm

kiryan wrote:you don't remember senate democrats lining up in front of the cameras to say the surge wouldn't work and that it is a civil war theres nothing the USA could do.

memory fail

"The surge won't work" and "there is no sense in democracy in Iraq" are the same thing?
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:31 pm

By the way, Obama's campaign promise was to end the occupation by 2009, a full withdraw.

The 'remissioning' of combat brigades simply being renamed to something non-combat is a joke at the expense of the entire American public, as told by the administration currently in power and seeking more of it.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”