couldn't decide

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
kiryan
Sojourner

couldn't decide

Postby kiryan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:51 pm

couldn't decide whether to post this in

"more racist black people" thread or "who's playing the fear card now"

so this special goodness gets its own thread.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1010/43580.html

During a speech at a Philadelphia rally on Sunday, Obama unloaded a string of unproven accusations, playing to the raw emotions of the crowd.

After repeating that foreign money may be driving anti-Democratic political ads, Obama made the remarkable charge to an audience in a largely African-American neighborhood that “the opposition” wants black people not to vote in November.

I used to call obama an idealogue, but this article correctly labels him a race baiting demagogue of the worst kind.

Was this the hope and change you were looking for? come on libs, DEFEND YOUR PRESIDENT!

Hugo Chavez eat your heart out.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Re: couldn't decide

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:40 pm

Our racist president that likes to pay the fear card to win elections? It's just too bad he isn't as interested in doing justice by ALL Americans. Otherwise, he might have been a hell of a president.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:46 pm

Too bad that no matter what he does you and Kiryan will vilify him as the worst president ever.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:50 pm

Completely untrue, bigot. If he did exactly what I wanted him to do, I would have no problem with him. Moron.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:01 pm

Bullshit.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:17 pm

turn about is fair play or did you forget the years of bush villification? You don't honestly expect me to sit back and give Obama a pass for the same and even more brazen shit?

The difference is Bush ran the country and accepted responsibility for his decisions and failures in the face of overwhelmingly negative criticism in the media and well pretty much everywhere. Obama runs around blaming everything else for his failure.

Bush was a president, Obama has irrevocably tarnished the office with his race baiting and demagoguery.

Its no wonder you guys are all depressed and sitting on the bench this election. Its like trying to swallow the same of getting up to vote for adam lambert for QB of the Minnesota Vikings. A second time.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:24 pm

More brazen? What has Obama done that rates anyhwhere on par with starting a war under false pretenses?

His biggest failing is that he hasn't completely fixed the messes bush left behind yet. Even then the economy is improving and we are getting out of Bush's Liewar.

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:03 pm

took over healthcare
threatened those in industry who don't support him
took over and bailed out the unions at the automakers
wasted a 800 billion dollar stimulus on union boon doggles
villified big oil
villified big banks
villified israel
devestated the gulf economy
wasted more than a year pursuing a naieve and ineffective policy against Iran
wasted more than a year pursuing a naieve and ineffective policy with China
using the bully pulpit to spread racism
allowed holder to operate the DOJ in a racist manner
nominated a racist to the supreme court, yes thats sotomayer
blasted a decorated and extremely highly regarded white police officer for arresting an unruly beligerent black man who was reported to have been seen breaking into a house
using the bully pulpit to level 100% unsubstantiated claims of illegal activity against the United States Chamber of Commerce
tried to pick a fight with Fox news
keeps an enemies list

put that tax cheat timothy geithner in charge of finances
put that corrupt car czar in charge of the auto companies
van jones
reduced firewalls against federally funded abortion. It used to be prevented by law, now its only prevented through the policies of HHS which can be changed without legislation.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. is that enough for you? This man is actively waging war on America and has destroyed more of what makes America great than Bush ever could. At least Bush thought he was doing the right thing, bringing democracy to the middle east, eliminating totalitarian regimes who operated in a truly atrocious way. Focusing the worlds attention on islamic extremism that has been a problem in teh mid east for thousands of years.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:45 pm

To add to Kiryan's post. Bush took us to war under false pretense. Great he took us to war for oil. Honestly I can live with that. While he lied about the reason his reason for doing it is still a legitimate one. We needed oil. Oil prices were through the roof. Oil prices are now lower.
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:49 pm

To add to Pril's post:

Clearly, Bush's lies are without end. There was no Saddam Hussein in Iraq, and even if there was, he was probably a nice dude that would never gas iraqis and non-iraqis with chemical weapons. The middle east was clearly full of democracy with its clearly people-power oriented dictators at the time, so it didn't need democracy. Finally, Bush's most heinous lie of all: that we would not tire, falter, or fail. I mean, this is America. The second we're off the couch we've already tired. As for failing, according to Democrat Party Master Harry Reid, "all you have to do is look at the facts," "this war is lost." So, we've failed in Iraq, according to him in 2007.

I'm not sure if faltering is a real word, after all, Bush used it. I'll have to get back to you on that.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:04 am

kiryan wrote:took over healthcare

Which was part of the platform that got elected. You are using him doing his job as a negative. As something more brash than starting a war under false pretenses.

Don't forget the other bad thing about Bush: He used a national tragedy to garner political power by sharply dividing the two political parties. Bush ran as The Uniter, and did everything he could to make Republicans hate liberals. He turned 9/11, something which should have brought us together, into a political tool and drove us apart with it.

So sure, go on about how he reprimanded a cop for falsely arresting a black man. That's laughable when compared to driving our nation apart. The poison Bush injected into our politics is so strong and pervasive that still, YEARS after Bush is out of office people like you are more interested in demonizing Obama than actual issues or discussion about how to improve the country. Power was more important to Bush than the country.

Obama is doing what we elected him to do. Socialize Healthcare, Improve the economy, and most importantly: Not Be Bush.

The biggest problem with Obama is that he probably promised more than he could possibly provide.

amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:05 am

Pril wrote:To add to Kiryan's post. Bush took us to war under false pretense. Great he took us to war for oil. Honestly I can live with that. While he lied about the reason his reason for doing it is still a legitimate one. We needed oil. Oil prices were through the roof. Oil prices are now lower.

glad all those people who died could help lower your cost of oil! definetly worth it imho.
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:09 am

They're doing it every day in Africa.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:42 pm

Sarvis wrote:The biggest problem with Obama is that he probably promised more than he could possibly provide.

Sarvis, this is probably the lamest and saddest sentence I have ever seen you write. Even after I accounted for all the past insults.

You criticize people for not fulfilling campaign pledges, and now you're defending Obama for making too many (bullshit) promises? Even us Conservatives do not agree with some of the things Bush did. We do not think he made the top ten Presidents list. But now you are choosing to play blind and not see what many people are criticizing Obama for? You're defending him/the party without failure. Most of us criticize/do not like the Republican party as it currently exists.

Come on man. You guys are supposed to be the 'free thinkers'. It's looking more close-minded every day. Just stop and look at what you're doing in so many posts. This guy is looking to be worse than Carter. At least Carter had Habitat for Humanity.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:51 pm

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:
Sarvis wrote:The biggest problem with Obama is that he probably promised more than he could possibly provide.

Sarvis, this is probably the lamest and saddest sentence I have ever seen you write. Even after I accounted for all the past insults.

You criticize people for not fulfilling campaign pledges, and now you're defending Obama for making too many (bullshit) promises? Even us Conservatives do not agree with some of the things Bush did. We do not think he made the top ten Presidents list. But now you are choosing to play blind and not see what many people are criticizing Obama for? You're defending him/the party without failure. Most of us criticize/do not like the Republican party as it currently exists.

Come on man. You guys are supposed to be the 'free thinkers'. It's looking more close-minded every day. Just stop and look at what you're doing in so many posts. This guy is looking to be worse than Carter. At least Carter had Habitat for Humanity.

Kiryan is posting numerous threads almost daily pointing out every real or imagined slight he possibly can, all perpetrated by Obama. This is simply retarded. Obama's doing a decent job. He's fulfilled or is working to fulfill many of his campaign promises, and the most numerous AND most valid complaints are in places where he compromised to work with Republicans or has been unable to fully fulfill his promises.

Through it all the economy is improving, healthcare reform is happening and the biggest complaints cited by the Kiryan's of the world are things like making a speech against a cop making false arrests. Yes, Kiryan listed a lot of other problems... but ALL of them basically condense down to "politics as usual" or "ineffective in Kiryan's personal opinion."

That is not equivalent to a President doing a bad job. He is not ruining the economy like Bush did. He is not starting wars like Bush did. There are no scandals (yet) like there were for Clinton or Bush. You can't even say he's a lame duck, as he's passed meaningful healthcare legislation.

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:51 pm

Deleted a long post because it wouldn't matter. I'll leave it at this.

Did you read the president's quote, the words he spoke? THE GOP DOESN'T WANT BLACK PEOPLE TO VOTE? This is the president of all Americans?
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:06 pm

Do we need to dig up posts where you bitch about Democrats encouraging African-Americans to vote? You can't blame Obama for calling Republicans out on their own shitty rhetoric.

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:41 am

I can call out Obama on raping the pensions of un-unionized workers in order to make the pensions of unionized workers whole.

That's unpresidential. And it's unAmerican. A pathetic act by a pathetic politician that acts in the interest of a special class counter to the principle of justice for all.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:19 am

Yes you need to dig it up.

I don't recall ever suggesting that black people shouldn't vote. I have criticized them for their obvious racism in voting and the good ol boys club the black ministers run in the south, but I don't ever recall saying black people should not vote or that it would be better if they don't.

dig it up pudwhack
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:27 pm

kiryan wrote:Yes you need to dig it up.

I don't recall ever suggesting that black people shouldn't vote. I have criticized them for their obvious racism in voting and the good ol boys club the black ministers run in the south, but I don't ever recall saying black people should not vote or that it would be better if they don't.

dig it up pudwhack

I never said you said that. Your complaint was about Democrats signing them up to vote. I think it had to do with ACORN, and you thinking it was shady politics to motivate blacks to vote since they primarily vote Democratic.

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:54 am

Sarvis wrote:Do we need to dig up posts where you bitch about Democrats encouraging African-Americans to vote? You can't blame Obama for calling Republicans out on their own shitty rhetoric.

This is what you said... So yes, you need to dig up posts where I bitch about Democrats encouraging African Americans to vote or by inference, that I support the idea that we should not encourage and actively supress the vote.

Go for it ass^

But yes, when you target one racial group and say you need to go vote because you're in danger from the evil republicans and we'll give you "more" its A) racist B) pandering C) fear mongering. All those evil things you guys cried about when it was supposedly Bush doing it.

At least you guys stopped bitching about the tea party being racist and violent. someone pulled their head out of their ass.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:29 am

kiryan wrote:
Sarvis wrote:Do we need to dig up posts where you bitch about Democrats encouraging African-Americans to vote? You can't blame Obama for calling Republicans out on their own shitty rhetoric.

This is what you said... So yes, you need to dig up posts where I bitch about Democrats encouraging African Americans to vote or by inference, that I support the idea that we should not encourage and actively supress the vote.

Ok, here you go:

" when you target one racial group and say you need to go vote because you're in danger from the evil republicans and we'll give you "more" its A) racist B) pandering C) fear mongering."

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:28 pm

Sarvis wrote:
kiryan wrote:

Ok, here you go:

" when you target one racial group and say you need to go vote because you're in danger from the evil republicans and we'll give you "more" its A) racist B) pandering C) fear mongering."

That doesn't show any support for suppressing the vote. Fail.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:14 pm

In related news...

apparently a conservative/conseravtive group in Arizona aired a radio ad encouraging hispanics to not vote... that is deplorable, and sharon angle didn't exactly support it, but did not condemn it either.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:21 pm

It is free speech unless it threatens violence or some other nasty thing that constitutes a threat.
Zabam
Sojourner

Postby Zabam » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:03 am

Couldn't decide....
But can now. Sarvis must be an idiot.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:55 am

Zabam wrote:Couldn't decide....
But can now. Sarvis must be an idiot.

Umm... 'k?

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:25 pm

I'm sure he's not always an idiot.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:02 pm

kiryan wrote:In related news...

apparently a conservative/conseravtive group in Arizona aired a radio ad encouraging hispanics to not vote... that is deplorable, and sharon angle didn't exactly support it, but did not condemn it either.

Oh it's not just a radio ad, it's a bilingual, multimedia onslaught. Also, they buy laptops from Best Buy.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”