Discussing other muds

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.

Discussing other muds

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 05, 2001 2:39 am

I would like to ask that people not slam Duris and other muds on our BBS. Duris and Sojourn have a standing relationship that we will not allow our players to slam eachothers muds in forums and newsgroups that we control. This is done out of mutual respect, we don't want to incite flame wars of eachothers muds as both Sojourn and Duris sprung from the same seed.
Its quite alright to talk about other muds, but any post that outright flames Duris and starts slamming their gods will be deleted. I apologize for this impedement on your freedom of speech rights, but the gods of Duris and Sojourn are friends, and we wouldn't want to having their players flaming us any more then they like seeing it on our BBS.

Brugg, if you would please cleanse the "PKILL" top of these posts, I would appreciate it!

Thank you,

Miax, Forger Admin
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Tue Mar 06, 2001 4:52 pm

its done Kris
Belir
Sojourner

Postby Belir » Sat Mar 10, 2001 5:59 am

I understand that Sojourn has a good relationship with Duris, and slamming then is bad...but does it work the other way around? I'm playing on Duris right now and here's what I got while in game:

< 65h/79H 112v/112V Pos: sitting >
<>
Jera tells you 'I'm going back to Sojourn3 when it opens!'

< 69h/79H 112v/112V Pos: sitting >
<>
*Jera* - LIES!

< 71h/79H 112v/112V Pos: sitting >

What's this all about?
Kyos
Sojourner

Postby Kyos » Sat Mar 10, 2001 6:14 am

Think its called "duris humour"...

You should see the jokes they pull on mystra...

Long live the king!
Nymn
Sojourner

Postby Nymn » Sat Mar 10, 2001 6:51 am

also the minor detail that jera played toril for years and years;)

Nymn
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Mar 11, 2001 3:49 am

And the minor detail that Stravag regularly slams Sojourn in global announcements.

- Ragorn
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Tue Mar 13, 2001 2:13 am

Well guys regardless of Duris slamming sojourn (if they do i havent seen it) lets be adults here and take the high road. If someone is slamming sojourn, let em. We have nothing to defend. We know Sojourn is the best mud out there for us, everyone is not gonna think so, so let em think it. Please i urge you to take the high road and not slam ANY other muds. I ask you to do this on every form of communication, but i can only enforce it on the bbs, so believe me i will zap all posts that slam other muds.
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Thu Mar 15, 2001 2:58 pm

Hrmm. I'm suprised that someone hasn't posted in dutch Image

We all know they don't teach any foreign languages in ALABAMA, hell the're still working on english. *taunt Brugg*

Enjoy!
Azz
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Thu Mar 15, 2001 4:14 pm

Us alabama people are simple folk
Cazin
Sojourner

Postby Cazin » Thu Mar 15, 2001 11:49 pm

Right now im currently playing Duris, im a cleric named Odef, and i think that some of the duris imms do have respect for Sojourn.

I forgot which imm it was but it was annoucing sojourn 3's opening date and webpage and told us to check it out, they werent flaming. I petitioned "why do u guys promote sojourn?"

and the answer was "Sojourn and Duris are from the same seed, we're not like enemies, its simple, one is PK and One is not, so the players that enjoy PK will stay and the ones that don't doesnt have to."
Tovar
Sojourner

Postby Tovar » Fri Mar 16, 2001 4:14 pm

I have to agree with Bruggo and Miax/Kris. I've seen flames for both muds by it's respective admirers. Let's let all the hard work the imms/areas have put into S3 speak for itself and be our reward for supporting such a great mud and community of friends.
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Fri Mar 16, 2001 7:38 pm

There are people who like the Duris atmosphere, and those that like the Sojourn/Toril atmosphere. I don't hate or flame people because they don't like the way I do things.... everyone's different, don't stoop to those on the low side.

Galkars' Daily Inspiration.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”