Military Tribunals

Minimum moderation and heated debates.
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Military Tribunals

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:40 pm

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/20 ... -tribunals

The Obama Administration, after flip flops, missteps, and blatant attacks against our own military have finally declared the courts that try our soldiers, airmen, sailors, and marines are indeed capable of rendering a just verdict.

In a reversal for the administration, who announced a civilian trial just 17 months ago for the alleged coordinator of the 9/11 attacks, that the trial would proceed with the administration's "full faith and confidence," in the military tribunal system.

Critics of the military tribunal system, and thus the military and the United States, have stated that a civilian trial should be used because it would be seen as 'legitimate' worldwide. To those critics: then bypassing the appropriate military tribunal indicates a lack of faith in the US military and its capability to act justly.

To the Obama administration: thank you for your cessation of attacks against the honor, dignity, and ability to do what is just against the all-volunteer force of our nation. Your acknowledgement of the few that sacrifice so much so that the rest of us don't have to is long overdue, but entirely welcome.

*That being stated, I have no issue with any further reform necessary to make military tribunals more fair, so long as it's about justice and not politics. Furthermore, I'm not actually against Federal court trials so long as that is deemed to be the most appropriate court (I doubt it though, enemy combatants don't belong in Federal court).
"You see, the devil haunts a hungry man.
If you don’t wanna join him, you got to beat him."
- Kris Kristofferson (To Beat the Devil)

Return to “Current Events & Politics”