How long to reach level 50?

Gameplay discussion, questions and ideas.
Rynlaeis
Sojourner

How long to reach level 50?

Postby Rynlaeis » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:55 pm

Hey all,

It's been awhile since I last played Sojourn/Toril (over a decade) but I've been getting this tickling itch to start playing again (and potentially leveling up to 50). Before I start, I have two major questions that I was hoping you guys could help answer. They aren't going to have perfect answers, but I was hoping to at least learn from everyone's' responses.

1: How long does it take to level up to 50? Of course it varies per person, but I'm just looking for some estimates of how long it might taken given various factors. My situation is that I'll be starting largely from scratch, with little to no equipment to move between characters, and little knowledge of how to level effectively anywhere other than Evermeet (and that's probably changed a lot). I may not have a lot of time to play so I just want to understand what kind of time commitment I'm looking at here.

2: I have a 25th level grey elf ranger from a previous incarnation of the MUD. Is this character still viable or have things changed so much that my character is going to be hamstrung by lacking skills / stats / etc?

Thanks!
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Re: How long to reach level 50?

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:14 pm

You will most likely get help in terms of equipment, but you can easily get xp now in Silverymoon in groups or solo. It could be a week or two, depending on your playtime. Give it a shot.

As for the ranger, I'd give another class a shot if I were you. Or you can use the ranger to get to 50 faster.
Rynlaeis
Sojourner

Postby Rynlaeis » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:54 am

Awesome, thanks... wow, 1-2 weeks? Not bad. I thought it would take longer. Are there any classes in particular demand right now at high levels? Would be nice to be useful.
Moseng
Sojourner

Postby Moseng » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:38 am

Rynlaeis wrote:Awesome, thanks... wow, 1-2 weeks? Not bad. I thought it would take longer. Are there any classes in particular demand right now at high levels? Would be nice to be useful.

You can even still minimize the time with your efforts and interest if you want to do it in minimum time.

Return to “GCC: Gameplay Discussion”