Muspelheim

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Muspelheim

Postby Dugmaren » Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:40 am

Yaaay! Finally in, aside from a couple small glitches seems to be running pretty smooth. Fights should load differently every boot and with enough randomness to keep most of you satisfied, same goes for equipment. So, besides thoughts on fight difficulty (which are moot atm) what'cha think?
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:49 pm

Beautiful room descrips, gorgeous ansi, creative items (love the table!), ugly fights (when they're a surprise, not sure how we're going to go around that one), all in all a beautifully done zone.

I have only one complaint to register and that's with the blocking code. Maybe this was done to keep people from exploring, I don't know, but it takes a relatively difficult fight and makes it next to impossible, especially if you're sticking to normal grouping conventions. I'm not clear on whether or not it was working right the first time we went in and we just got caught in a nasty glitch or not.

Back to the keeping people from exploring part, though. I can see why this would be done, but it just doesn't make sense that I can walk into a room and not be able to get back out when the door's open and there's only one sentinal to guard both north and south rooms. If he were standing right in front of the door then I wouldn't have been able to get into the room in the first place, right? I fully support devices which hamper exploration to a degree, and understand the necessity behind them, but this setup turned out to be a trap. Any chance you might reconsider those kinds of options?
Ebgar
Sojourner

Postby Ebgar » Mon Jul 01, 2002 8:28 pm

CONGRATS !!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to 0wn some fire giants....
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:09 pm

Warning: the following opinions (note: opinions) are solely mine, and generally negative in content.

I don't like it.

Every zone seems to try to outdo the others in some way, tries to have better eq or tougher fights. Only one quest from this zone has been completed that I know of, but already people are scoffing at the power of the item gotten.

Giant rogues? Djinn I could see, maybe, but giants? I about laughed out loud when I heard this, as have many others.

And what's up with the eq names? Yeah, we were complaining about everything being a mask or an eyepatch or whatever, but when not a single piece of eq is correctly named (excepting the dragonhide cloak, and muspelheim breastplates), it gets a bit weird. Especially when things don't seem to make much sense. Someone spent a long time in front of a thesaurus for this zone.

My favorite part of the whole zone was when I heard that Surtur had been killed, and he only had one item, and that was crap. I'm assuming the good eq on him is rare load?

The armorers and weaponsmiths are interesting. The quests in general are pretty vague but at least the mobs answer to hello, which is nice. I like the quests, although it remains to be seen what all the rewards are.

As far as I could tell, there's no payoff. Is every single item rare, or I guess the proper term would be 'dynamic'? If there's nothing guaranteed, it's going to be a pain in the butt to do the zone, because a lot of people will lose out every time, not to mention the difficulty.

Why does every 'difficult' zone have to have dragons? I hate dragons. Everyone hates dragons. And yet there are tons of dragons in Muspelheim for some reason. Is the zone touting the "most advanced" item and mob code really in need of lots of dragons to make it hard?

If the intent of the zone was to be 'the new Jot', which I've heard it was, then it failed miserably. Heh, I doubt even Jot would be approved as is if it was proposed as a new zone today. 3/4 of the items would be removed, oh, excuse me, made 'dynamic', and they'd probably add some more dragons.

------------------
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:17 pm

Since it looks like a lot of things are gonna be random, I hope there's some way to tell what's been popped by the random generator without having to go through most of the zone. That's a lot of zone to try a scavenger hunt through . . . Image

Also, those 12 p arrows sold by the fire giants are basically just overcosted 2.5 g arrows. I'm hoping that these aren't the nice arrows you mentioned you were planning on tossing in a while ago Image

It's also annoying seeing the prices the vendor charges for mob items but not being able to sell any to him, presumably cause it's all !rent.

The quests were definately intriguing and the one we were able to do had a suitable nice reward for the items you had to turn in IMO.

Great flavor all around, though it always boggles me how most giants will try to attack on sight but the smiths are always willing to talk. It does seem a bit strange for fire giants to have so many backstabbers though. I would have expected their lookouts to get help like they do, but then fight in formation with their buddies instead of running off and stabbing. Firbolgs are known for using stealth and deception, but it seemed a bit strange for fire giants to do it.

There's a lot that no one group has obviously seen yet. There's obviously a lot of depth to it, I just hope there's some way to gauge how much of it has loaded.

------------------
You fire a black-shafted elven arrow to the east at Gormal's pet goat with masterful shooting that does lethal damage!
You receive your share of experience.

[This message has been edited by Treladian (edited 07-01-2002).]
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:20 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Todrael:
<B>Warning: the following opinions (note: opinions) are solely mine, and generally negative in content.

I don't like it.

Every zone seems to try to outdo the others in some way, tries to have better eq or tougher fights. Only one quest from this zone has been completed that I know of, but already people are scoffing at the power of the item gotten.

Giant rogues? Djinn I could see, maybe, but giants? I about laughed out loud when I heard this, as have many others.

And what's up with the eq names? Yeah, we were complaining about everything being a mask or an eyepatch or whatever, but when not a single piece of eq is correctly named (excepting the dragonhide cloak, and muspelheim breastplates), it gets a bit weird. Especially when things don't seem to make much sense. Someone spent a long time in front of a thesaurus for this zone.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was my favorite part, the equipment was innovative, unusual, and extremely attractive to the eye and imagination. Two thumbs way, way up on ansi use all the way throughout the zone so far.
apprentice
Sojourner

Postby apprentice » Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:37 pm

I'm sorry, but when new zones come with +25hp +3dam armor (clouds), +3 +1 (so I'm told) gauntlets (muspelheim), then something is just wrong. Both those items need downgrading, because the quests are easily a joke. Stuff like that should _only_ be rewarded after spending as much time as kern or erlan takes, not after handing in 2 other easy to get gauntlets. Items like this are beyond silly. The armor is a beefed up chlora/infernos armor and a jot ringmail combined, while the other is a grand total of +4 hit and dam. The armor should be +25ac instead of -25, and max +10hp, while the gloves... +3 0, with max -1 or 2 spell/br/whatever save, oh well who cares anyway.

Toss everything else out of the window.

And I second Todrael's thought on dragons. Dragons here, dragons there, dragons fuggin' everywhere. Every new zone and their mom zone has dragons.

[This message has been edited by apprentice (edited 07-01-2002).]
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:41 pm

I liked the ansi.

------------------
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:43 pm

There are +2+2 gauntlets in the game, so I wasn't particularly complaining about the gauntlets available in Muspelheim.

------------------
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:07 pm

Hrm..one other question...What self respecting dragon would allow some giant to boss him around, keep em as a pet, or tie em to a plow? I know if I were a dragon, my pride would have kicked in long ago and I would have been munching on giant skulld for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Kallinar Was here.
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:11 pm

Todrael's first post was so negative because at the time he was bitter that I won the bid on the spanky 'I went to Muspelheim and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.' +45 hps proc full heal 3/day t-shirt.

Next time, Tod, you can have my bid. Image

- Grungar "My bologna has a first name..." Forgefire
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:16 pm

I think for the most part everyones big complaint is that there are a lot of new hard fights with not much of a reward.

It was a little frustrating to go through a lot of that misery and fighting and get a couple items that weren't spectacular, and find out that the good items come from the quests in the place..requiring gear from other zones..that was a little demoralizing.

It seems like you have to go to the zone to figure out what all you need.. then go to other zones and collect up the pieces, then go back with a buttload of cash, and find more items in the zone that seems to have a lot of randomity to the pops. Not much there for instant gratification.

The upside of this is the zone isn't going to be conquered the first night its out, and it'll obviously be awhile before all the rares/secrets/quests of the zone are completed.. preventing the typical farming of zones starting the day it comes out.

All in all I can't wait to go back.. I just hope it's not until 1am on a worknight =)

------------------
Ensis Inferni
Bish Enterprises Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Copyright 1999 Fydollaho Productions.
Wargo
Sojourner

Postby Wargo » Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:07 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by apprentice:
I'm sorry, but when new zones come with +25hp +3dam armor (clouds), +3 +1 (so I'm told) gauntlets (muspelheim), then something is just wrong. Both those items need downgrading, because the quests are easily a joke. Stuff like that should _only_ be rewarded after spending as much time as kern or erlan takes, not after handing in 2 other easy to get gauntlets. Items like this are beyond silly. The armor is a beefed up chlora/infernos armor and a jot ringmail [b]combined, while the other is a grand total of +4 hit and dam. The armor should be +25ac instead of -25, and max +10hp, while the gloves... +3 0, with max -1 or 2 spell/br/whatever save, oh well who cares anyway.

Toss everything else out of the window.

And I second Todrael's thought on dragons. Dragons here, dragons there, dragons fuggin' everywhere. Every new zone and their mom zone has dragons.

[This message has been edited by apprentice (edited 07-01-2002).][/B]</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, the armor quest IS as long as Kern or Erlan Image and the gauntlets? it's sub-par. You know why? Each item can have a max bonus of +5 when it comes to hit/dam. However, each +1 dam counts as a +2. So this +3+1 gauntlets really has a +5 bonus. It is nothing spectacular when compared to a +2+2 gauntlets which totals up to a +6 bonus. Don't forget, the item needed to quest this gauntlet itself is a rare that requires a decent group. It is by no means overpowered. Image

Yssilk
rachaz
Sojourner

Postby rachaz » Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:22 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wargo:
<B> Dude, the armor quest IS as long as Kern or Erlan Image and the gauntlets? it's sub-par. You know why? Each item can have a max bonus of +5 when it comes to hit/dam. However, each +1 dam counts as a +2. So this +3+1 gauntlets really has a +5 bonus. It is nothing spectacular when compared to a +2+2 gauntlets which totals up to a +6 bonus. Don't forget, the item needed to quest this gauntlet itself is a rare that requires a decent group. It is by no means overpowered. Image

Yssilk</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree with Silk on the gaunts, nothing to write home to momma about. As for the armor, the armor you are speaking of is nothing like chlora/infernos it is missing two parts that make those armors fantastic. That is like me saying a scorpion earring is a beefed up tg cause they both have hitroll. The armor in clouds is unique and coupled with enough restrictions to make it fair. The complaints about items are getting out of hand lately. I have 100 percent faith in Dugmaren to make a "fair" zone. If something does not seem what it should, stick it in your bag, chances are it isn't what it seems... But then again, he is part of the style > function school :P
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:21 am

If I was given some on body armor that was ac+25 +10hp +3dam I'd laugh and call it a piece of krap.

Gimme a break, the EQ you complained about, in my opinion, is fine.

Besides, let's keep the conversation on the topic it should be: Muspelheim

------------------
peACe oUt
laterZ
gyrx
apprentice
Sojourner

Postby apprentice » Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:35 am

Funny how everyone who has one says it is balanced.

Its 25ac 25hp +3dam. Explain to me how that is balanced, with the next best thing being either 26ac +2dam or 14ac +35hp? It stupid for its miles beyond the next best item.

And then someone made the comment that it IS as hard as kern? Give me a break. Kern requires dozens of rareloads, while the conquest armor needs 8 sily things that are leftovers from zones, with the exception of the greygreens. NO rareloads. The quest is NOT hard, the guy just tells you what he wants.

And someone else mentioned that it is very restricted? To evil war only right? Big deal I dont call that restricted.

And ysilk you said a +3 +1 item is in no way overpowered? Dude you have no idea about item balance then. The amount of +2 +2 claws from hell can be counted on one hand, while within a month or 2 there will now be 15 of these +3 +1 gauntlets. How is that NOT unbalanced? You can speak of 1dam counting for 2 and 1hit for 1, but you forget to mention that you can trade other +hit eq for dam and you will get the full +2 bonus.

Both those items are just stupid. If you say otherwise, you either have one or are clueless about zone balance.

[This message has been edited by apprentice (edited 07-02-2002).]
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:44 am

first off some of the items for conquest armor are very difficult to obtain. second, at least one item is extremely rare. The quest mob is aggro good race (even with nondetect), though a smart good race player could complete the quest. Unlike kern quest, the quest mob is in the middle of one of the two or three most difficult zones in the game. On that same line of reasoning, most of the rare items for kern load comfortably in greycloak, a fairly safe place if you can handle the yuan-ti raiders. Also, this thread is about muspelheim. If you want to discuss eq inflation, get informed first, then make a new thread. There are more then a few items that can be the subject of a legitimate conversation on this topic...

Corth

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
apprentice
Sojourner

Postby apprentice » Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:51 am

Ok so you need one rare. within 1 months 3 or more people already did the armor. compare that with scorpion earrings. how many can you do in 1 month? more like 1 in 3 month.

But I will start a new thread for this soon, Ill argue the overpowered items there.

Sorry I cluttered this thread, now back to muspelheim. Never been there, yet cant comment!

[This message has been edited by apprentice (edited 07-02-2002).]
Wargo
Sojourner

Postby Wargo » Tue Jul 02, 2002 7:23 am

Edited to remove clutter since Corth pretty much explained everything in a more word efficient manner. Now, back to Muspelheim...

Is it just me or the zone seems to have a very vague layout for where is teleportable and where it is not?

Yssilk

[This message has been edited by Wargo (edited 07-02-2002).]
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Tue Jul 02, 2002 8:07 am

I had lotta fun Image

I liked it alot

Nilan
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:47 am

Apprentice,

Please keep your comments civil and your criticism constructive. Dugmaren has spent an insane amount of time putting this zone together, and I doubt he appreciates being called clueless.

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:03 am

I don't know, personally im starting to really hate that EVERY new zone must have multiboot rare quests and uber eq. Can we just have some old fashioned tough fights get you decent eq? Can we cap EQ escalation please?

Oakvale, Clouds, TrollBark, Meilich, now Musphelim perhaps? It seems likely Elemental towers has quests too.

I'd like folks to really think about why there are and why we need 3 hit PFA 9 agility masks, 2/1 9 ac neck wear, 3 dam 25 hp 25 ac armor, 50 hp on body, 40 hp prot all +3%shrug robes, 2/2 ac 10 proc haste sleeves, -100 ac 4 hitroll 5% shrug, 2h weapons that proc damage/slow/poison and para?

Just to keep separating the men from the boys? Just so some folks can have another golden goose to chase? Dood once i get the new <insert uber eq x here> I will so own.

and really silly stuff, why downgrade shit, when we come back later with better eq... I sincerely hope that there isn't a new roots belt in this zone, that will just be fukd imo.

But, then again why should i care? Its not like im being forced to, and what difference does 1 more damroll, 5 more hps, really make?
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:21 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kiryan:
I don't know, personally im starting to really hate that EVERY new zone must have multiboot rare quests and uber eq. Can we just have some old fashioned tough fights get you decent eq? Can we cap EQ escalation please?

Hmm... Whats your motivation if it isn't to get the best gear out there? I'd say most of the warrior types that play want their character to kick the most ass, tank the best, and have the highest skill levels. If you cap EQ then eventually all eq will be the same. With the hit/dam/hp/etc.. restriction formula on items now, eventually all items would be the same with the exception of ansi.

I think quest items allow for zonemakers to circumvent the formula and get something a little better, because its harder to get. Any numbskull can take a group of 15 to a zone, beat the crap out of everything and take home the spoils. This is one step away from the BRUTE FORCE technique, and I think it's a good one.

You've made it obvious in other threads your disdain for gear that makes warriors more like casters (ie: swords=wands) etc.. If you don't like new gear don't get it, stick to what they sell in the shop. What do you want out of a zone?? Why WOULDNT you want gear that makes your character better :P I don't see anything constructive about a post that says "stop making better equipment" The imm's are doing a fine job at levelling out gear so it's not all too uber.

------------------
Ensis Inferni
Bish Enterprises Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Copyright 1999 Fydollaho Productions.
Sargax
Sojourner

Postby Sargax » Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:28 pm

Didn't get to see the whole thing yet but from what I did experience it was awesome!
Was hilarious when the 2 goodie groups, and our group were together in that one room...and then... oof... Made me jump out of my chair! I love surprises!
Great job Dugmaren Image

Ellana

[This message has been edited by Sargax (edited 07-02-2002).]
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:32 pm

I know exactly which surprise you're talking about! I thought that was really well done, except I didn't see any deaths from it, darnit.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:21 pm

how come the powermudders are complaining about this zone?

i dont get it.

most of you have everything. when you zone you tend to make sure you have everything else too and more. yet you complain when something new that is designed for mudders like you - with too much time on their hands and too much eq - is put into the game.

i personally will probably never see it, like i've never seen scorps or tiamat or roots in my time here since i cant devote my life to the game, but it was you same powermudders who made a post looking for a cash sink only three months after the game came back. multi eq quests are just that. so many of you just have too much eq, and reagonomics really doesnt work in this game, so this is a way to get rid of it.

i can easily name 6 people on the evil side who have three or more alts decked out in some of the best gear available to those classes. for you the eq sinks are necessary.

i just wish thre were more zones for the little people. t his game is becoming less and less rewarding for the time invested for part time players.

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:22 pm

Keep the topic on Muspelheim. This thread is for dugmaren to know the problems and good parts of the zone.

On that, don't speak of equipment stats, ESPECIALLY if you don't even know the right stats kiryan.

It's not a run of the mill zone, It's dynamic, and I like it. It not the same old lets do this zone for one piece of eq over and over.

------------------
Kelemvor - God of the Dead, and Cemeteries
Areas Wank
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:25 pm

Teyaha, what is your problem?

your upset that you don't get to do things with the 'powermudders' but then you say that you don't have time to play much... Every post you make here is a rant... drop the agenda and play to have fun or don't play at all.

Sorry Kelemvor and Dug for another off-topic post..

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Drache
Sojourner

Postby Drache » Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:58 pm

I just don't see how Apprentice's audacity can be surpassed? Dugmaren kicks ass, is helpful, and did some detailed, dedicated work. You seemingly need to grow up a bit or be more humble. Someone makes something to further the enjoyability of the mud and you try to rip someone for their efforts?! Get some tact PLEASE!
** Oh, yeah! The zone rox!!!!!
------------------
The watch sez: Time to kill!

[This message has been edited by Drache (edited 07-02-2002).]
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:11 pm

Here's a concern: the entrance to the zone is through Jot. Will this cause any collisions with people who want to do Jot?

I heard the blocking code is used liberally- I'll wait until I've gone through the zone before saying anything about that... except for showing my disdain for the blocking code.

------------------
-Yayaril
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:28 pm

moan blocking code. what a dilema.. i havent done swamps once cause i heard blocking code is there but ive been really looking forward to this zone...

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:55 pm

Blocking code is used in Meilech, but it's not really a problem the way it's set up. The blocking in Muspelheim is completely different.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:20 pm

I've taken all the preceding posts as an indication of peoples thoughts on the basic normal zone lay out. (ie you've still only seen 1/2 of it)

Equipment Inflation: Believe me, I have the entire areas staff quadruple checking me, all the forgers, WHICH, LOOKUP, and STAT. It's balanced.

Not Enough Equipment: On AVERAGE you should get 8+ items every time you do the zone on the 1st setting. If you get lucky (debateable) it might load a harder setting and give you more equipment. Besides rare loads and quests I wouldn't worry about coming away with a really nice haul. Further, several equipment mobs aren't aggro, so if yur lazy just don't attack them :P

Blocking Code: The gate GUARDs won't let you past the door they're guarding without a fight? Cry me a freek'n river. It's not like I put them in the middle of courtyards or hallways.

Teleport / !Teleport: I haven't seen it work incorrectly yet, give me specifics and I'll look into it.

And I'm very glad many of you like the atmosphere, that's my favorite part too.

Dugmaren
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:02 pm

corth you took my post too personally.
it's just a game.
i was just curious as to why folks would complain about quests the require multi decent items, when this is what so many asked for a few months back.

i would love to visit the zone, but i dont have enough prot gear atm to take on dragon genre mobs right now. perhaps later.

there are high level warriors wearing corded red bracelets because they have nothing better. please keep in mind that no everyone has an equal chance at the items in the game, for one reason or another.
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:39 pm

Here's my feedback:

I intend to level to zoning-strength before the end of the month, just so I can see this zone.

------------------
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:48 pm

actually dug i dont think anyone has a problem with having to kill guards to proceed further in a zone.

however blocking code makes it hard to sometimes randomly impossible to flee from the room if such a strategy or need arises.

i think that was the concern. it was brought up a few months back after ress quest went in and with what goes in during that particular fight in brass.

sound like a cool zone man. thanks for taking the time to write it.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:59 pm

I have no issues with a sentry guarding a door. The issue I had was that I went through a door into a two room hall with one sentry in each room, and it was a trap, I couldn't get back out. Each sentry guarded both doors in each room, so I couldn't get back out the way I came, even though the door was open.
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:31 pm

Ohhh I haven't been yet. I wanna go! I'm always the last kid to get a toy....just got a Cabbage Patch last year.

------------------
Meatshield
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:41 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
I have no issues with a sentry guarding a door. The issue I had was that I went through a door into a two room hall with one sentry in each room, and it was a trap, I couldn't get back out. Each sentry guarded both doors in each room, so I couldn't get back out the way I came, even though the door was open.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Silly elves need to learn how to sneak better! muhahhah! I would have been in,killed both the guards in 2 or less movements and been gone by the time you could say, omg that is one bad arse halfling.

about the zone, been waiting for months, havent been yet, am dying to go!

------------------
Kifle "It Slipped I swear!" ButteryFingers
Deltin
Sojourner

Postby Deltin » Wed Jul 03, 2002 3:33 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
I have no issues with a sentry guarding a door. The issue I had was that I went through a door into a two room hall with one sentry in each room, and it was a trap, I couldn't get back out. Each sentry guarded both doors in each room, so I couldn't get back out the way I came, even though the door was open.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

excellent point, if you kill the guards blocking the door then you should be albe to move in and out that door freely, atleast I think that is what you are saying.

I've been to the new zone, I liked it, what very few people realize is that real names have been given to some of these items (bevor) they where actually part of real armour.
Although I can't remember and specifics I do remember that in certain parts the ansi was a little over powering, but maybe I was just tired, I'll pay closer attention next time I go.
Obviously a lot of time went into making the zone and for that a big THANK YOU.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:24 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by apprentice:
I'm sorry, but when new zones come with +25hp +3dam armor (clouds), +3 +1 (so I'm told) gauntlets (muspelheim), then something is just wrong. Both those items need downgrading, because the quests are easily a joke. Stuff like that should _only_ be rewarded after spending as much time as kern or erlan takes, not after handing in 2 other easy to get gauntlets. [This message has been edited by apprentice (edited 07-01-2002).]</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I carefully read both your and Todrael's posts.

I haven't seen Muspelheim. But let me offer a few things from the Mori perspective:

1. Any zone that spanks 80 people in 3 days has got to be good. Spank = good.

2. Dragons? Hm, I'll have to see the nastiness and placement of the dragon fight. If you have to fight a dragon to advance into the zone, I could see it being a problem. But if the dragons are just there for eq/quest etc, it's optional...

3. Apprentice, you may live to regret those words, or at least boggle at them.

4. A big thanks to whoever took all the time to write and code the zone!

------------------
Touk says 'know you not I am Touk, slayer of stupid giants?'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:32 pm

PS - just realized it was dugdug :P I need sleep.

WTG Dug!

------------------
Touk says 'know you not I am Touk, slayer of stupid giants?'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:34 pm

I must say, having only been in the zone for about 30 minutes now, i have had more fun in it than any other zone i have been in, which i think i have done most of the ones that goodies are allowed in.

Dug you rock, great zone dear.

p.s. i will edit this later if i find anything i dont like Image.

------------------
Kifle "It Slipped I swear!" ButteryFingers
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:39 pm

I have been excited for this zone for months now. Dug really did but in insane amounts of work...Dugmaren tells you '100 situps, write 10 rooms, 100 situps, write ten rooms'

There is spanky eq there. So there's not much. Dugmaren cares more about creating a zone thats fun and innovative then spanky gear. If you guys wanna complain about the fights thats fine, just try to explain why you dont like it and how it could be better. (you dying alot is not gonna get something changed...death is part of his twisted mind)

i cant wait to hop up there dug!

------------------
Gormal Stoneforge -Hammerstrike-

"Forward Mithrilguard!"
Ashemiem
Sojourner

Postby Ashemiem » Sat Jul 06, 2002 3:43 am

I think Mplor summed it up best. Image

------------------
Mplor group-says 'dugmaren must be very proud... he levels us up in smoke and de-levels us in muspelheim'

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:03 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Teyaha:
<B>actually dug i dont think anyone has a problem with having to kill guards to proceed further in a zone.

however blocking code makes it hard to sometimes randomly impossible to flee from the room if such a strategy or need arises.

i think that was the concern. it was brought up a few months back after ress quest went in and with what goes in during that particular fight in brass.

sound like a cool zone man. thanks for taking the time to write it.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The change to the flee code should fix this quirk about blocking code. Your character shouldn't frequently flee into the blocking mobs.
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:42 pm

Cool zone. Had lots of fun both times I went.

Second time was fun until I area'd in the room with one of the quest mobs (oops).

The quests are cool. Lots of things to do besides hack and slash. Only observation I would have is that it takes forever to do the zone. This is even with using the alternate way in.

The cool thing with the zone however is that the more you do it the more you can get out of it. We quested the armor the first time and talked to many mobs. The second time we went in the leader (same as first) had gotten a few of the items that were needed for the quests. We were still figuring out some of the quests while we were up there so didn't complete any of them but I can see the potential.

Love the room descriptions and the feeling of the zone.

Lots of death and destruction along the way. Who could ask for more?
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:49 pm

which items am i misquoting? and I didnt think to include smoke in my list of new zones with new great eq. oh and btw that -100 ac 4 hit 5% shrug also has slow poison and was originally 10% shrug. now try and tell me that only balanced items end up in the game.

the new zone sounds wicked cool, im sure every piece of eq in there is worth the fight and the zone is awesome. i still dont like the endless eq escalation and in particular the endless multiboot extremely rare quests. yes i dont have to do them and i dont do most of them. a few in the game is awesome, a few for each class even, but not every new zone needs to have 3 or 4 of these quests that net phat eq.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:55 pm

almost all of the eq in musp was (as i understood it) designed to be equal to similar items...just different...boosts in areas that comperable items lacked.

------------------
Gormal Stoneforge -Hammerstrike-

"Forward Mithrilguard!"
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:23 pm

Kick ass!

Finally did it and loved it. The ansi is sweet, my pedanticc sellf founnd minimum typos, btw i can't ttype o this infernal laptop. double letters alllllll over. The equipent we got was rad, I came out welll ahead on exp :P. I thin the fact that somme folk are saying iit ttooo hard forr the gear andd othhers saying that the gear is ttoo good must ean that it iis PERFECTLY baanced, right? The diffferentt ttype of monsters and neat things they ddo was faubulous, was about as any dragons as you wouldd expect there i thin, and lots f gannts to beat up on. The zone shouldd be set as Ladak's hometown, he ffits in SO well!

Blocking ccode, love it. Imgine a dwarf or elf trying to sneak past yourr dooor while yourr standing in it, i dont care how neat hey are your not going to let em in! That is unlles of course you hide behind the door so when they coomee innto the rrooom you can blocck em in and let your cat ravage them as per some case listed here.

Great work ......dugage? *grins*

------------------

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”