Evils and dual wielding

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Zuurn Shatter Skull
Sojourner

Evils and dual wielding

Postby Zuurn Shatter Skull » Sun Feb 04, 2001 4:25 pm

I have heard from some people that in the older versions of Sojourn that the evils were able to dual wield 2h weapons, that true or was it just alot of bs passed around??

-Z
Nymn
Sojourner

Postby Nymn » Sun Feb 04, 2001 7:44 pm

Way back in the day they set it up so that ogres could wield 2handers in one hand, and I think after people complained they set it up so that Barbarians could do it also, but only post level 40. The way it actually worked from what I remember is they would restring the 2hander to be 1handed and you'd wield it, and it never really worked out quite right and they yanked it after a little bit.. Was really cheesey anyway;)
Zuurn Shatter Skull
Sojourner

Postby Zuurn Shatter Skull » Sun Feb 04, 2001 8:34 pm

Yeah, I figured the reason why it was taken out was it would be to hard to balance the races with it that way.

-Z
Braggo
Sojourner

Postby Braggo » Sun Feb 04, 2001 9:08 pm

I think ogres should be able to wield 2handers in one hand...it makes sense anyways, a barbie shouldn't though.

Braggo
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sun Feb 04, 2001 10:28 pm

Dualing 2h duergar mith warhammers, those were the days!

Cherzra old fart
Zuurn Shatter Skull
Sojourner

Postby Zuurn Shatter Skull » Mon Feb 05, 2001 12:06 am

I didnt get to enjoy thoes days *sniff sniff*

-Z
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Feb 05, 2001 3:48 am

I think ogres should be able to wield 2h weapons in one hand.. But then have nothing or a shield in the offhand. It makes sense, but to be honest, ogres(with the rare exception), shouldn't even have dual.. Their coordination sucks mightily. ;p

Mal
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Mon Feb 05, 2001 4:11 am

Hafta agree with Malacar. Ogres should be big enough to have a 2h wielded 1h, but they wouldn't have the dex for dualing 2h weapons. Let them use a shield (or hold something). Excellent point. And it should be a good compromise between the dualing 2h weaps camp and those who wanna stick with the current setup.
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Mon Feb 05, 2001 6:14 am

"Dualing 2h duergar mith warhammers, those were the days!
Cherzra old fart"

What days were those? You must mean Bast or Duris bud. I've never whitnessed a period when ogre or troll could dual wield mithys.

I also agree with Mal, ogres should be able to wield 2h in one hand, and also not be able to dual weapons as well. But lets let em hold a shield. They are great bashers! Trolls are great tanks, even against Rhemos! *nog me*

My two Zhents,

Caedym Shadowhock
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Feb 05, 2001 8:30 am

They could, for a week or so. Then the staff removed it. It was right here on Toril, not Duris :p
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Feb 05, 2001 8:40 am

Oh, it was ogre only, not troll and ogre.
Faerwynd
Sojourner

Postby Faerwynd » Mon Feb 05, 2001 3:45 pm

Serro dualed Avernus and Doombringer I think. Or was it Garosh? Shit I can't remember.
ChuxTwistCorpse
Sojourner

Postby ChuxTwistCorpse » Mon Feb 05, 2001 7:40 pm

THis Chux, smash burn kill mutilate
anyhow. ... My Thought on ogres is that they are massive , and in most fantasy can wield 2h weapons in 1h fashion because they have massive hamhawk hands and fists the size of watermelons. I would think the best way to do this , would be to Code in specific weapons that are OGRE ONLY 1h , other race 2h , moderate damage, more than a 1h , less than the twinkiest 2h, that would give more realism and not as much unbalance.

Thanks.
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Tue Feb 06, 2001 5:28 am

Drakkoth dueled 2 duegar mith hammers for a bit. I also think this was the time when your second weapon also gave ya full hit/dam bonuses. So, a dueling ogre was bad news indeed. Frightful!
Tagad
Sojourner

Postby Tagad » Tue Feb 06, 2001 6:50 am

It was Serro that dual wielded Avernus the Lifestealer and Doombringer the Sword of Chaos. If only Twilight the Sword of Destruction had its proc when he was able to wield Doombringer in one hand. ^_^
celara
Sojourner

Postby celara » Sat Jul 20, 2002 7:21 pm

***THWAMMO---BUMP***
What do people think of this now?

------------------
Just as soon as I belong/Then its time I disappear
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Jul 20, 2002 8:06 pm

my thoughts, insane. ogres dont tank nearly shitty enough to even consider giving them something as uber as this.
Drakkoth
Sojourner

Postby Drakkoth » Sat Jul 20, 2002 9:01 pm

Lol Raiwen. You're right, and I had forgotten that. You rule.
nubug
Sojourner

Postby nubug » Sat Jul 20, 2002 9:55 pm

an ogre could dual frostbites for a brief time, with haste and procs i think they ended up doing just too much damage, so they pulled it
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Jul 20, 2002 10:28 pm

This thread is a year old, btw Image

------------------
- Ragorn
Jenera says 'i managed to match a little, ragorn's outfit is hideous.'
Garosh
Sojourner

Postby Garosh » Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:00 pm

"Serro dualed Avernus and Doombringer I think. Or was it Garosh? Shit I can't remember."

"It was Serro that dual wielded Avernus the Lifestealer and Doombringer the Sword of Chaos. If only Twilight the Sword of Destruction had its proc when he was able to wield Doombringer in one hand. ^_^"

Actually it was both Serro and i that duel wielded them.. It was a damn fun week.
technically Avernus was Serro's and Doombringer was mine, but we were great friends and swapped them back and forth..
Damn it was fun to solo duel wielding those swords.

Surprised anyone remembers my name heh
*waves to all*

Garosh

------------------
[For hire]
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Jul 24, 2002 5:04 am

could you imagine ogres dual wielding gythkas? gross.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:34 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
could you imagine ogres dual wielding gythkas? gross.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

omg that would be hella nasty!!

------------------
Ambar -= Beloved Matron =- Crimson Coalition
Rivi
Sojourner

Postby Rivi » Fri Jul 26, 2002 4:50 pm

What exactly would the problem be in letting an ogre 1h a two hander and wear a shield at the same time? If I recall correctly, ogres in their current incarnations really are horrendous at tanking anything. a shield would add
- some extra ac
- bonus to bash (they really don't fail using a twohander right now anyway)
- oh and can add one or two hit/dam above their current amount, which would be what... 5% increase in hit/dam?
- allow them to add one extra defensive skill while using a two hander... (shieldblock)
- allow them to add one extra offensive skill while using a two hander... (shieldpunch)

I don't think it's going to make them more killer than they already are.
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:25 pm

Hrm I am trying to remember who fumbled their one-handed holy flamberge over water, Lloth had given it out as a quest prize...

Hrmp! I want to say it was Ranon or something.

------------------
Ilshad

"Your accomplishment is nothing compared to the glory that is Ilshadrial!!" Yayaril
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Fri Jul 26, 2002 6:00 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rivi:
<B>What exactly would the problem be in letting an ogre 1h a two hander and wear a shield at the same time? If I recall correctly, ogres in their current incarnations really are horrendous at tanking anything. a shield would add
- some extra ac
- bonus to bash (they really don't fail using a twohander right now anyway)
- oh and can add one or two hit/dam above their current amount, which would be what... 5% increase in hit/dam?
- allow them to add one extra defensive skill while using a two hander... (shieldblock)
- allow them to add one extra offensive skill while using a two hander... (shieldpunch)

I don't think it's going to make them more killer than they already are.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like this idea. Don't let Ogres dual wield 2handers, but let them 1h one 2h weapon then use a shield. *nog rivi*

------------------
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Fri Jul 26, 2002 10:00 pm

or you could play duris *snore*

------------------
-Daz "<^> (*¿*) <^>" Proudwolf
Kasula
Sojourner

Postby Kasula » Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:37 pm

If you think about it, the weapons and eq that certain races use isnt because how big or small they are... if that was the case in D&D, people would not be able to wield the Maul of the Titans, wear girdles of giant strength, etc etc and etc. People could wear those items and wield those weapons because of the magicial properties the items had. I would agree with you that an Ogre could probably dual a regular non magical halberd or other items like that, but not magicial ones...

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”