Arena

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Arena

Postby Sarvis » Fri Feb 02, 2001 8:56 am

Here's a quick question... will goodies and evils have access to the same arena? I'd orignally pictured it on that path leading to the arena in WD... but then evils couldn't play. :( I wanna try my blades out against some ogres and such! *rar*

Sarvis
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Fri Feb 02, 2001 9:03 am

Hey never thought of that. Most goodeis would get mauled by evils 1 v 1 though. I mean come on that troll heals 3x faster than you and has more hitpoints and a higher natural AC (although that isnt a consideration at realy high levels). It would be funny to see an enchanter Major P a troll and then constrict him to death :P Now that would be embarrasing.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Feb 02, 2001 9:09 am

regeneration, higher ac blah blah blah... I'm a ranger! No troll can stand against me! *flex* ;)

Sarvis Trollslayer

PS.
Ohh... thought (eep!) Maybe we can apply for last names based on arena exploits? Like if someone kills a lot of trolls in the arena they can be known as Trollslayer. *nog me*
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Feb 02, 2001 9:59 am

Try to obtain a rippling longsword, a longsword engulfed in flames, the holy flamberge of the effreeti or a flaming sword of the valkyrie.... bye bye troll :)

Cherzra firefood (charcoal) stands here.
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Fri Feb 02, 2001 2:59 pm

Hrmm, I would imagine that each HT would have a portal or door to a certain arena (solo or group). You choose what battle you want, whether in WD, BG,or Menzo, and enter the arena. I would think it important to allow access by all. Which brings up having level restrictions, kinda like guild guards..they only let you pass if you're a certain level. The range could be 10-20, so a lvl 10 could pass, but a lvl 20 may be waiting on the other side. Gotta have risk.

Cheers,
Azz
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Sat Feb 03, 2001 12:05 am

Hmmm . . . well Acheron is one of the lower planes so getting there might require more than just a trip to the nearest portal in town . . . course, if the townspeople don't mind the idea of having what's basically a portal into a hell in their town, then all the better for ease of access (and getting your stuff back).

Trel
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Sun Feb 04, 2001 3:07 pm

*Agree's wholeheartly with Cherzra*

Any Pali with a flamberge would wreck trolls. Erm maybe even a ranger with a flamberge? heh.

Ugruch Troll Toast
Galzar
Sojourner

Postby Galzar » Thu Feb 08, 2001 6:23 pm

rofl chewbaca, but how about a good ol ambran procing left and right Image gotta love us palies Image

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cherzra:
<B>Try to obtain a rippling longsword, a longsword engulfed in flames, the holy flamberge of the effreeti or a flaming sword of the valkyrie.... bye bye troll Image

Cherzra firefood (charcoal) stands here.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Wed Feb 14, 2001 1:39 am

Sarvis!

Arena! You and Me! It sure is going to be fun putting my big barbarian foot in that ranger mouth of yours. *ROAAAAR!* Heh, heh, am actually drooling on the keyboard thinking about it.

Vigis Wolverinefang
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Feb 14, 2001 2:13 am

I dont believe engulfed was flagged as a flame proc....anyone wanna correct me on this if i'm wrong?
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Feb 14, 2001 2:19 am

Bah! Yer not even worth the effort of fightin' Vigis. I'll have to clean that barbarian smell of my boot for weeks... but if you insist... Image

Sarvis

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”