!ANON!!!!!!!!!!!

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Turxx
Sojourner

!ANON!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Turxx » Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:58 am

i so hate anon, remove it from the game

this game is based on groups, in order to do anything effectivly you need a group

to me anon says, i dont know you, i dont want to know you, i dont want to group with people, dont bother me

if people want to be anon they shouldnt get to use ooc or tells either
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun Dec 08, 2002 4:30 am

"to me anon says, i dont know you, i dont want to know you, i dont want to group with people, dont bother me"

So? You want to bother them?

"this game is based on groups, in order to do anything effectivly you need a group"

Nuh uh

"if people want to be anon they shouldnt get to use ooc or tells either"

well by this discourse I think if people don't go anon they shouldnt get shieldblock, meditate or BBS access.

"i so hate anon, remove it from the game"

I love anon, could you make it so that guilded folk can go anon?

------------------
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Sun Dec 08, 2002 5:13 am

I both hate and love anon.
So it's a dead heat right now.

------------------
Gindipple (Gnome) stands here.
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Sun Dec 08, 2002 9:16 am

Personally I love anon... it lets me go around solo for a bit without having to turn down 7 different exp groups. People go anon for a reason, it's so that they won't be bothered unnecessarily.
Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:47 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sarell:
<B>could you make it so that guilded folk can go anon?
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I too have often wished I could do this. I think it should be removed entirely or made so everyone can use it.

It doesn't bother me too much though.

- Mike
Silsaterur
Sojourner

Postby Silsaterur » Sun Dec 08, 2002 3:25 pm

I think if you are guilded, you're first responsibility is to your guild. I use anon when I am off soloing easy eq's or exploring somewhere I've never been. If my guild needs me, they can get in touch with me. Everyone else can wait.

------------------
Adilmir tells you 'are you a Mumavore?'
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Sun Dec 08, 2002 5:16 pm

I am so confused, in a very odd way... its this strange feeling, uhm...

I think its because i am agreeing with Turxx for the first time in history...

Can It be?

Anon sucks. If your anon when im making the vitlist, guess who im leaving out? Image

G

------------------
Auril tells you 'Yes, we're plotting the destruction of all that is holy - and unholy, too. Just to be thorough.'
Kribble
Sojourner

Postby Kribble » Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:18 pm

Who ingroup works with anon peeps now.

3nj0y.

------------------
Friends > All.
-Cap'n Touk
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:32 pm

*nod* Gerad
If you're anon you don't get on the vit list, or I assign the lowest vit to you. I know lots of tanks that will put anon people last or not on rescue list at all cuz they don't know their class.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:38 pm

ya so what if i dont want to know you dont want to group with you at that time?

there any difference between someone being anon and not wanting to group / do whatever
and someone who is affraid ofloosing a level so they dont group / do whatever.....no difference

if their anon and like you say they dont want to group... good thats 1 less person you have to ask to group and get told no... being anon saves leader time of asking someone who doesnt want to go.. if ur anon u must not want to...

------------------
MoM-D
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:59 pm

yeah! thats the spirit!
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Dec 08, 2002 9:11 pm

I don't care if people are anon unless they're in my group. Then it bothers me because its a lot easier to do spell assigns and stuff when I can see the groups class/levels.
Marforp
Sojourner

Postby Marforp » Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:04 pm

I'm sorry, but if anyone is actually twinkish enough to purposefully skip vitting someone or purposefully leave them off the rescue list because they are anon then they are [beeeeeeeeeeeep]

You and your group leader can choose not to invite someone who is annon. You can choose to leave the group if a person is annon in your group. You can choose to announce your displeasure at their choice. However, purposefully refusing to do your job because someone is anon makes as much sense as me saying "I won't group with anyone who plays a human character". After all humans are clearly not as good mages as gnomes and aren't as good warriors as dwarves.

Shesh! Twinks!

p.s. Now if you choose to make them last on your rescue list or make them last/first on your spellup list then go for it. Just announce it before hand.

------------------
Marforp / Sasdor
and now the new improved Pofas!!
Sarkhon
Sojourner

Postby Sarkhon » Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:37 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cap'n Touk:
<B>Ever think they're anon so they can avoid punks like you?

8 year olds dude.
T</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hah - Kudos Touk. Anon certainly serves its purpose and using it is more of a personal preference than anything else. News Flash: not everyone wants to group every second of the day; i personally did nearly 99.9% of all my exp solo simply because it provides me with less aggravation and makes my time more enjoyable.

Again, its a personal choice, just as its YOUR personal choice not to group me thereafter. Being Anon while grouped is something entirely different - I do agree that while grouped your lvl/class should be visible.

That said, Anon has its place for people who prefer to solo... do piddly xp while studying or working... or want to spend their time questing without being incessantly claired or bothered. Just because that style of play doesn't conform to your view doesnt make it wrong.
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:25 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Marforp:
<B>I'm sorry, but if anyone is actually twinkish enough to purposefully skip vitting someone or purposefully leave them off the rescue list because they are anon then they are [beeeeeeeeeeeep]

You and your group leader can choose not to invite someone who is annon. You can choose to leave the group if a person is annon in your group. You can choose to announce your displeasure at their choice. However, purposefully refusing to do your job because someone is anon makes as much sense as me saying "I won't group with anyone who plays a human character". After all humans are clearly not as good mages as gnomes and aren't as good warriors as dwarves.

Shesh! Twinks!

p.s. Now if you choose to make them last on your rescue list or make them last/first on your spellup list then go for it. Just announce it before hand.

If your in a group you KNOW that there is going to be a vit list created and rescue lists created. If you are anon you KNOW you are anon. Why make it my responsibility to ask you what level/class you are to insure you are going to survive?

If you are anon in my group when I am making the vit list I assume you are carrying vit potions because you obviously don't think you need a vit if you didn't tell me what you needed.

The vit list gets gsay'd in 99% of the groups. I always add "did I miss anyone?" at the end.

If you were also afk when the vit list was done or you don't speak up then that's your ass I guess.

Bottom line is if you choose to be anon in a group that's fine. Just don't think we are going to do extra work to accomodate you.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:30 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by old depok:
<B>
If your in a group you KNOW that there is going to be a vit list created and rescue lists created. If you are anon you KNOW you are anon. Why make it my responsibility to ask you what level/class you are to insure you are going to survive?

If you are anon in my group when I am making the vit list I assume you are carrying vit potions because you obviously don't think you need a vit if you didn't tell me what you needed.

The vit list gets gsay'd in 99% of the groups. I always add "did I miss anyone?" at the end.

If you were also afk when the vit list was done or you don't speak up then that's your ass I guess.

Bottom line is if you choose to be anon in a group that's fine. Just don't think we are going to do extra work to accomodate you.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you dont know what class he is when you invite him to your group wtf did you invite him? you obviously knew prior to grouping w/him what he was or you wouldnt have invited him

------------------
MoM-D
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Mon Dec 09, 2002 5:14 pm

and if he/she is a warrior you sure know to ask for a rescue...

you dont get no spells your anon
btw could you rescue me plz?

------------------
MoM-D
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Mon Dec 09, 2002 5:53 pm

i think anon should be cleric and druid use only...there the only ones who have a reason to use it(only after res and moonwell is achieved)i can see whee they would want it but its a hasstle for every one else...

DOWN WITH ANON!!!
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Mon Dec 09, 2002 5:59 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zoldren:
<B> if you dont know what class he is when you invite him to your group wtf did you invite him? you obviously knew prior to grouping w/him what he was or you wouldnt have invited him

When I said my group I didn't mean as in the one I lead. I mean in the group I am in.

Oh, and as far as rescues, I'm not relying on an anon warrior to rescue me. Who the hell knows what level they are? Do i really want to take the chance that they are some level 30 warrior friend of one of the group members who has a rescue of 37 cause he/she doesn't group with anyone because they have been Plevel'd to this point?

I typically bring my spirit with me to rescue me (and the rest of the group) if we are short on warriors anyway.

[This message has been edited by old depok (edited 12-09-2002).]
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:30 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rylan:
I don't care if people are anon unless they're in my group. Then it bothers me because its a lot easier to do spell assigns and stuff when I can see the groups class/levels.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you being the cleric only need to know who is the other cleric. vit assist. me top down you bottom up. druid & shaman vit self. lich globe/haste/deathpact. illustionist displace, enchanter dscale/blur tank. tank 1n.

gsay doh! just die we ress you afterwards.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:57 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by old depok:
<B> When I said my group I didn't mean as in the one I lead. I mean in the group I am in.

Oh, and as far as rescues, I'm not relying on an anon warrior to rescue me. Who the hell knows what level they are? Do i really want to take the chance that they are some level 30 warrior friend of one of the group members who has a rescue of 37 cause he/she doesn't group with anyone because they have been Plevel'd to this point?

I typically bring my spirit with me to rescue me (and the rest of the group) if we are short on warriors anyway.

[This message has been edited by old depok (edited 12-09-2002).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-----------------------

this is funny. is sojourn really that big that u dont folk. let me say this. evils have alot of alts, and i might not know their names, but just look at them and i can tell you with 90% what their class is. troll/ogre if they wearing a shield and wielding a sword, warrior.

if they in group they are big enuf in leaders eye to come. are they primary tank, then primary tank is prolly the one doing all the rescuing. not to say that they shouldn't rescue the caster type but if the caster die cuz this one warrior can't rescue you is leaders fault.

who would bring 2 warrior to a zone. especially on the goodie side where they are so melee heavy. i have had groups with only 2 warriors but i know that the primary tank is good enuf to do all the rescue except bash. seriously how many group has you been where it's has only 2 warrior. i believe this is more of the exception then the rule. exp group doesn't count.

a warrior with all the spells, elemental embodiment, displace, dragonscales, blur and vit has about 1300-1500 hp. ok u dont have elementalist, you drop to 1100-1300. ok u dont have illustion u still have dragonscales blur and vit. okay you dont have a dscaler, i'm sure you bought a stoner. ok u have no enchanter, illustionist, elementalist, shaman (cuz they can stone) i dont know if u really should try the zone.

you say he can't rescue 2 folks at the same time, if you have a shaman they have gheals. most group has 2 cleric, you can assign one to popcorn heal and one to watch primary tank. if not the shaman/druid can also heal folks. most caster i know have about 400-600 hp w/o vits. if they have less than 400 hp i usually make sure they alway vit.

in closing i wanna say that dont try to threaten folk with things that dont know sense. being afk and being anon are too completely different things. hey why dont you say folks who dont do trigger wont get a vit cuz i can't depend on you seeing through fight spam and rescuing me when a mob switch to me cuz you might be trying to rescue someone else.

sok
Zouve
Sojourner

Postby Zouve » Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:05 pm

Oddly enough, being in a zone group is the only time I really want to go anon. (Y tells you 'In WD?') It is the one time when I'd like to hide from the rather stready stream of moonwell requests (X tells you 'busy?') and focus on the group and the mission at hand. (L tells you 'Can you well me to my group?')

Of course, I'm in a guild, so it isn't an option. (T tells you 'can I get a well to X?')

I'd tog tells (D tells you 'near wd?'), but then I'd miss "F tells you 'bark?'" (A tells you 'can you well T's corpse to WD?')

A Druid's life! At least I (D tells you 'Hello?!?') feel popular!

Zouve
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:24 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Marforp:
<B>I'm sorry, but if anyone is actually twinkish enough to purposefully skip vitting someone or purposefully leave them off the rescue list because they are anon then they are [beeeeeeeeeeeep]

Shesh! Twinks!

I dont rescue anon people. Not because i am a twink, even tho i am, but because i like it when you die. Stay anon, i won't put you on the rescue list. Less work for me! Leaves more time for hitalling instead of those useless rescue spams that nobody cares about. Anon people get no rescues, no im not askin, checkin, or anything else. Remember, i enjoy it when you die.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Diel
Sojourner

Postby Diel » Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:35 pm

What ever happened to everyone helping everyone? I never heard of this being a problem before and never expected to even SEE it! WTF people? I leave for 5 years and nobody wants to rescue/vit me anymore because I'm always anon! :P
GAWD! JEEZ! HRMPH! BLEH! get it? What a ridiculous post ={
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:40 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zoldren:
if you dont know what class he is when you invite him to your group wtf did you invite him? you obviously knew prior to grouping w/him what he was or you wouldnt have invited him</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From this post, it is clear that Zoldren has yet to experience Morigrouping.

------------------
Kiaransalee responds to your petition with 'look on the bright side, I just saved you some corpses. We all know you would have gotten spanked'
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:16 pm

Moritheil tells you 'consent for death'

says who mori? and i wasnt anon when you asked me..

i was htf u askin me to group if i was anon? unless u were told about me or knew
either way you ask whut class are you if i am anon and xyz gsa oh he is anti ...

if your choices are tog anon or tog tell i would rather tog anon for i would still atleast like to talk to my friends and do my own thing instead of ignore everyone including my friends.......

------------------
MoM-D
Sarkhon
Sojourner

Postby Sarkhon » Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:14 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by amolol:
<B>its a hasstle for every one else...

DOWN WITH ANON!!!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A hassle? It's not a hassle to "everyone else" when those that are anon dont want to group with you to begin with. Some of you are acting as if there are rules forcing everyone 45+ to group with TimmmyTwink and TommyTwoToes every time they login; sorry, but that's just not the case.

Anon causes no harm to anyone as the chances are often better than not that the anon person wants no part in what you're doing to begin with -- besides, friends can always find their friends, anon or not.

Lastly, before you say it, I expect no help or grouping from others once I go vis - I know who my friends are, and they hardly care when I go anon for my own personal reasons. For the record ....... Thanuk still rescues me, though its probably because he fears the bitchslap otherwise Image

-KingTwink
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:36 am

thanuk you dont rescue me?

Sok group-says 'Thanuk 1n'

Sok group-says 'Thanuk just die and consent me, i will ress you'

You're chance of dying is greater than mine, remember that mullet-boy
Eza
Sojourner

Postby Eza » Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:54 am

I also wish we could go anon while guilded.. it's a feature I miss using. Anyone who needs to find me at any given time knows where to look.. and they know what level/class I am, and my alts are. If I choose to log on an alt anon and go solo exp, that's no harm to anyone at all, because I still get tells and asked to group. I'm sure it's the same way with half of the other people that go anon. I just really don't see what the big deal is.

------------------
- Booty Assasin -

Selias group-says 'I get scared grouping with eza'
Selias group-says 'I'm afraid she's going to assassinate my booty!'
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:00 pm

Sok -

I never threatened anyone. What I said was if your anon your not getting a vit. I also said that I included at the end of the gsay "did I miss anyone?". If your anon and afk when the vits are assigned and too stupid to scroll back when you return to your screen then it is probably best if you die early anyway.

I often do zones with >3 warriors. We just did Air Plane and Yan with 2 warriors. There are times when I double as a warrior using my spirit to rescue. This has nothing to do with then anon issue.

The issue is a simple one...

If you are anon and in a zone group you agreed to come. If you are anon when vits/scales/globes/etc. are being assigned you should either un anon, tell the people making the list what class and level you are, gsay that to the group when you join, or get the spells yourself.

I have no problem with anon unless you join a group. I don't even have a problem with you being anon in a zone group as long as you don't make my job harder.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:12 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sok:
<B>thanuk you dont rescue me?

Sok group-says 'Thanuk 1n'

Sok group-says 'Thanuk just die and consent me, i will ress you'

You're chance of dying is greater than mine, remember that mullet-boy</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

fol self
emote leaves north.

acc someone come gate me outta this zone so i dont have to CR

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:48 pm

<B>Moritheil tells you 'consent for death'

says who mori? and i wasnt anon when you asked me..

i was htf u askin me to group if i was anon? unless u were told about me or knew
either way you ask whut class are you if i am anon and xyz gsa oh he is anti ...

if your choices are tog anon or tog tell i would rather tog anon for i would still atleast like to talk to my friends and do my own thing instead of ignore everyone including my friends.......

Heh, easy there... I was just pointing out that I'll often take in people without paying any attention to their class or race.

x has given you his consent
group x

------------------
Kiaransalee responds to your petition with 'look on the bright side, I just saved you some corpses. We all know you would have gotten spanked'

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”