Video Games

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:29 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Teyaha:
<B>SNES - Killer instinct, FFII and FFIII, Chrono Trigger

PS2 - Final Fantasy X, Robotech: Battlecry, Jedi Starfighter, Gran Turismo III, GTA III
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed with you on Chrono Trigger. One of the best rpg's. I bought the cart used a year or two ago for 80$ Was worth it.

As for FFX. I was so disappointed with the ending, and that square is making a sequal to it. It's just very odd.

------------------
-Arilin Nydelahar
...Knowledge is power, and knowledge of life and death brings power over all beings, living and unliving.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:57 pm

Doh, forgot about chronotrigger...absolute best rpg ever. The cartridge is rare as hell and usually goes for $60 around here at used gaming shops. I just said screw it and got an emulator and downloaded it Image I have yet to beat it.

------------------
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Dartan tells you 'i own so hard sometimes it makes me want to cry'

Nitupopple group-says 'esrel get glorishan off'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:04 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kifle:
<B>Doh, forgot about chronotrigger...absolute best rpg ever. The cartridge is rare as hell and usually goes for $60 around here at used gaming shops. I just said screw it and got an emulator and downloaded it Image I have yet to beat it.

Good game, should really sit down and beat can easily be done in like 20 hours.

------------------
-Arilin Nydelahar
...Knowledge is power, and knowledge of life and death brings power over all beings, living and unliving.
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:25 am

Actually, Chrono Trigger with it's innumerable endings and New Game+ feature (which was the first game I'd ever seen that in and absolutely LOVE the concept) will take forever to truly be "beaten." Though you're right only takes 20 or so hours to get the better endings.

Hehe, Loved that game. All-time favorite by far.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:02 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dizzin:
<B>Actually, Chrono Trigger with it's innumerable endings and New Game+ feature (which was the first game I'd ever seen that in and absolutely LOVE the concept) will take forever to truly be "beaten." Though you're right only takes 20 or so hours to get the better endings.

Hehe, Loved that game. All-time favorite by far.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nog, agreed. I was just speaking of the main ending. If you go back like I did and i'm sure most who play the game you can easily waste 70 hours doing all that crap. I did the same with Chrono Cross on the PSX, beat that game every way from sunday. Good shit.

------------------
-Arilin Nydelahar
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:13 am

chrono trigger kicked ass. i spent a good year on that game before i did everything that i could do, and then bought the players guide to be sure i actually did everything. appears i was close.

it was re released for the playstation about a year and a half ago btw, along with a reworked final fantasy II and III.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:29 am

Actually Chrono Trigger was released with Final Fantasy 2/4j... but not Final Fantasy 3/6j. That was in Final Fantasy Anthology, whereas CT and FF2/4j were in Final Fantasy Chronicles.

I recently replayed Chrono Trigger on my SNES, then decided to play Chrono Cross again... which only reminded me how much I hated Chrono Cross... heh. It had the potential of Chrono Trigger, but it just wasn't realized in the actual product. Image

------------------
Every problem in the universe can be solved by finding the right long-haired prettyboy and beating the crap out of him.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:45 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sarvis:
<B>Actually Chrono Trigger was released with Final Fantasy 2/4j... but not Final Fantasy 3/6j. That was in Final Fantasy Anthology, whereas CT and FF2/4j were in Final Fantasy Chronicles.

I recently replayed Chrono Trigger on my SNES, then decided to play Chrono Cross again... which only reminded me how much I hated Chrono Cross... heh. It had the potential of Chrono Trigger, but it just wasn't realized in the actual product. Image

I've talked to a few people on the subject but i'm curious about yours(and anyone elses take) Why did you dislike CC? I thought it was a good game overall. I actually liked the storyline, how it was put together, the combat system and all that.

------------------
-Arilin Nydelahar
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:28 am

It's been a while since I played through... I think I remember the storyline being good, but not "told" well. Basically it was like playing the game from boss to boss, then having some people (old CT chars) reveal everything that was going on towards the end. Rather than having it be exposed piece by piece as you moved through the game.

The combat system was good... however it wasn't utilized well. Look at the number of combos and such in CT, then the number of combos in CC... less right? A LOT less. Yet there were over 30 characters weren't there? It's like they came up with the idea for a cool combat system, with lots of combos... but the deadline came up before they coded all the combos and they were forced to ship. I got that feeling pretty strongly anyway...

Finally, none of the characters were. They had no personalities, no real background or effect on the story. Everyone was basically just a different icon in the battle screen except for like 4 chars. Again, I got the feeling the developers had better plans, but were forced by a deadline...

Overall, I never even bothered to get any of the other endings after I beat it the first time... I just couldn't sit through the game a second time... :shrug:

Compared to Chrono Trigger, where I played through the game to get every ending immediately after beating it the first time...

------------------
Every problem in the universe can be solved by finding the right long-haired prettyboy and beating the crap out of him.
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:55 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xisiqomelir:
<B> Actually, most of them can be.

can you hook up a vr helmet 2 joy sticks and foot controllers to most of them? i know 1 or 2 system maybe, but i do this to my system to play mechwarrior, and it is sweet Image

------------------
Her Royal Bitchness Eye Aeturnum
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Fri Dec 13, 2002 6:23 am

NES-FF1, Dragon Warrior 1-4
SNES-ff2/ff3/super smash TV/mario kart
N64-Mario Kart 64
PSX-FInal fantasy 7-9 (if you go through 8 all the way it is good) Lunar1/2
PS2-FF10!! i think the ending was good.. you need to watch the japanese ending.. leads into ffx-2, GTA:vicecity/3 are good, Kingdom hearts is really good. if you haven't playd ff10 paying the 250 for it is worth it.. especially when the new ones come out Image

Xbox- Halo/splinter cell... can't say much about those 2.. except splinter cell is cool.. just annoys me retrying levels over and over Image

Game Cube-Dead to rights(awesome game)
mario party 4 ( great drinking game)
Animal crossing(baddass game that has old NES games built into it that you can load on gba)
Resident Evil(cant even get anywhere in that game, its tough)
Metroid Prime(best game ever)
and Eternal Darkness(another baddass game)

Game cube is from my bro.. he has the system.. btw.. he can't get anywhere on resident evil but he was able to beat halo on legenedary by himself.. no team mode Image

------------------
Mishri }-Sentinel-{ Shades of Twilight
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Dec 13, 2002 11:07 am

I am very surprised nobody has brought up Lufia for SNES! Sheesh i was stuck on this one part in that game for like 2 days...was a nice game...It is about as rare if not more rare than chrono trigger is. Traded my copy for secret of mana and some other game i cant remember.

------------------
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Dartan tells you 'i own so hard sometimes it makes me want to cry'

Nitupopple group-says 'esrel get glorishan off'
Diel
Sojourner

Postby Diel » Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:17 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kifle:
<B>I am very surprised nobody has brought up Lufia for SNES! Sheesh i was stuck on this one part in that game for like 2 days...was a nice game...It is about as rare if not more rare than chrono trigger is. Traded my copy for secret of mana and some other game i cant remember.

Hey I just bought Lufia a few weeks ago. Haven't been able to find it since I was in gradeschool! Good one!

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”