guilds..

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Drizzt
Sojourner

guilds..

Postby Drizzt » Thu Mar 01, 2001 10:49 pm

anyone have any info on the guilds that they care to share? i'd love to hear how the guilds will be coded in and what requirements, etc will be.
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Fri Mar 02, 2001 1:15 am

Please choose a real UserName. Don't be cheesy please. We all choose a name we used on the mud, or a name we plan on using. I hope you comply with the format chosen for this BBS.

As for guild information, you will need to wait for the mud to reopen so that you can see what guilds decide to reform

Lyt -Steel Dragon- Order of the Wyrm
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Fri Mar 02, 2001 1:53 am

I think Driz was asking about how guilds will be coded, and handled from an administrative point of view. Over the years we've seen the good and the bad, and I too am interested to know the future. I hope they will be simpler to form than in the past, still requiring a god-approved name. I would like to see a Charter template provided to prevent all the waste of time we've seen in the past trying to get a charter approved. I would like to see a roleplay story behind the guild required no longer than 1000 words minimum, but with bonus guildhall-credits available for excellent/extensive work. I would like to see all racial restrictions on Guilds (within good/evil race tolerances) be done away, and people allowed to choose more restrictive Clans or Religious Orders if they prefer to roleplay.

As for code, I would like to see the guild-channel continued and the ability to >who guild, seeing even anon players.
Crovex
Sojourner

Postby Crovex » Fri Mar 02, 2001 3:10 am

mplor is correct in saying taht i was more interested in the administration point of view, however guild general info would have also been accepted..

sorry bout the name thing, i wasn't thinking and typed in first name i thought off. it just happenend to be Drizzt Do'Urden. Image
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Fri Mar 02, 2001 4:14 pm

Well welcome Crovex Image Sorry to jump on ya, but people in the past have come up with really cheesy login names for this, and then "hide" behind a bad identity so to speak.

I too hope guild are less structured than before, as almost everyone who was in Order of the Wyrm that is coming back now is very limited in free time, so the amount of time that can be devoted to the mud will be less than before. We would hate to have to waste our precious time to hold required guild meetings etc.

Lyt
Ionari
Sojourner

Postby Ionari » Wed Mar 28, 2001 4:36 pm

And Light isn't a cheezy name? (;
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Thu Mar 29, 2001 2:11 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ionari:
And Light isn't a cheezy name? (;</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rofl hehe good one D. Tho i never read it like that before, To me it was always Lit.

You amorecans sound funny anyway :P
Bibbe
Sojourner

Postby Bibbe » Thu Mar 29, 2001 7:58 pm

Hehe ..
In basternae i played a paladin and named him Liamas.
After awhile i realised you americans pronounced it "LAMEASS" kinda funny =)
Nitania
Sojourner

Postby Nitania » Thu Mar 29, 2001 8:03 pm

Lyt happens to play by that name. "lyt" so cheesy or not, its the identity ppl know him by.

nitania

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”