You're busy spellcasting! spellcasters respond pls.

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Barvum
Sojourner

You\'re busy spellcasting! spellcasters respond pls.

Postby Barvum » Fri Mar 30, 2001 11:42 am

Can we return back to old times when it was possible to cast spells and not wait until every one will be finished to do something else. And abort spell with command 'abort'?

Now if I want create few iron rations I must wait until 'create food' will be finished to get what I created. Instead cast 'create food'; get iron (2 commands under one alias)I must type "cast 'create food'", wait until it will be finished and only then get iron. It gets more and more annoying as U progress in levels because more and more spells U get (make 5 iron rations, cast globe, stone, bless, armor etc. etc on your group members).

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*
When someone says, "Do you want my pinion?" - it's always a negative one.
*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*
Nymn
Sojourner

Postby Nymn » Fri Mar 30, 2001 7:17 pm

I don't think it's worked that way on sojourn in a looooong loong time dude Image so i think what you're looking to return to is duris..so ah..no Image

Nymn
Barvum
Sojourner

Postby Barvum » Sat Mar 31, 2001 11:37 am

Yes it worked in that way on sojourn or was it toril then. But I remember, because I was sorcerer and that "feature" was introduced in my early 40. All my alliases like detall (detect inv, detect mag etc.) were frown away. So I didnt like this then and dont like it now. And IMHO lots of ppls would agree with me that this is just annoying update. Dont know why it was introdyced at all (thanx god additional 30 secs to every remem are removed, remember that Image?).
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Sun Apr 01, 2001 10:55 am

I agree ... spells (commands) used to be stackable .. it's annoying for my lazy butt , and since i try to do things en masse ... it gets rough..

cast 'cure light'
cast 'armor'
cast 'bless'

bleh
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Sun Apr 01, 2001 11:25 am

Spells were not stackable last wipe.
Stackable spells is just annoying.

/jegzed
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sun Apr 01, 2001 2:03 pm

Stackable spells suck. It equals death in a lot of situations. You can still have aliases, just be inventive.

------------------
Mal

PS - As always, opinions contained are my own, and are not intended to offend or upset anyone, but are merely outspoken thoughts from myself. If you have issues with them, bring em up, but keep flaming to emails.
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Sun Apr 01, 2001 2:11 pm

Make a trigger to cast when it finishes casting or play a hitter if it's too much work for you as a caster...

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”