what would you like to be on sale?

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
vynigumba
Sojourner

what would you like to be on sale?

Postby vynigumba » Fri Mar 02, 2001 3:48 pm

Which "one shot" item you would dare to be able to buy from shopkeepers and at which price and why?

I mean mostly potion, scrolls, wands.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Mar 02, 2001 3:51 pm

All the utility stuff - fly, stoneskin, haste, DI....
Nitania
Sojourner

Postby Nitania » Fri Mar 02, 2001 5:29 pm

I'd really like to see Major Rejuv potions/scrolls or whatnot. I was constantly being aged and couldnt always find a necro to help me out! Image before one of the wipes (cant remember which) i was 107!!!!

Nitania

ps Id also like to see "lives" for sale.. lots of ppl need them who mud - not naming any names or anything! <-- indicates herself.
Me
Sojourner

Postby Me » Fri Mar 02, 2001 8:37 pm

Yeah, rejuvenate major scrolls should be sold in the same shop with ressurect wands, group heal boots, conjure elemental kneepads, dragonscale potions, and bash helmets.

Or, you could just find a necro. They aren't that uncommon. Well, not anymore.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Mar 02, 2001 8:47 pm

I sense major sarcasm, and little constructive input, from a user that doesn't bother to put in their mud name. Funny how that goes.

I would like to see... Nothing! Just a sign posted that reads: Enchanters should have rejuv too! *snickers*

Pet yer local Enchanter today! 8)

Mal
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Fri Mar 02, 2001 11:20 pm

Some form of a recall item would be awesome for those times your with a group and out deep in some caves and a RL emergancy comes up and you need to jet ASAP! Actually I wouldn't mind seeing this type of item bound to a player and possibly useable once per every 2-3 levels. But not accumulatable. I get soooo jealous when I see a cleric type zip out of the group and say gotta go guys. Some would argue that I play a cleric to solve this, but I'm not saying give ppl the capability of doing it easilly. Hence the once per 2-3 levels.

Gindipple
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sat Mar 03, 2001 5:04 am

I'd say a more reasonably priced DI potion, however I could usually always find a voker going in WD for about 3c
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Mar 03, 2001 7:26 am

There used to be a recall item on the Troll King. I'd like to see it brought back. The zone is difficult with that single file room full of Regen'n trolls. Especially without monks. Also nightbringer isn't exactly the spankiest piece of hardware around. Even though its ancient, I always found the zone kind of fun. You could go without an army, and when the recall item was there, it was actually worth going.

Corth
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sat Mar 03, 2001 2:10 pm

Troll king rules, you know that was actually my 1st decent 2hnder last wipe? And I had been level 50 for months Image
Nitania
Sojourner

Postby Nitania » Sat Mar 03, 2001 4:42 pm

ok. REALLY uncalled for sarcasm there, "me".

Once per boot, major rejuv scrolls would not be an over powered item to be sold in a store.. especially if it sold for a considerable amount of plat.

as you can tell, sarcasm gets you nowhere, especially when its more rude than funny. Have a care.

Nitania
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Mar 06, 2001 7:52 am

Rejuv potions would mean rangers and paladins could get them.

The horror!

- Ragorn
Tanras
Sojourner

Postby Tanras » Tue Mar 06, 2001 8:57 am

Sojourn is one of the only muds that dont give away everyone's spells in the form of potions and scrolls. Keep it that way. *maybe* may a major rejuv potion but make it insanely expensive. Keep the mud difficult, i dont wanna see warriors with a backpack full of stoneskin and haste potions. Sojourn's appeal is in its difficulty, KEEP THE LINE!

Tanras
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Wed Mar 07, 2001 1:29 am

Rejuv Potion? Well I know that no one was able to do Tiamat, but I definitly heard a rumor that she had one or two in her lair. I don't think that you should be able to buy potions and stuff like that, because plat is pretty easy to get. You could accumulate 100k plat without dying (would take a while), but you couldn't do Tia without dying.

About that, has there been a group that has done tia w/o any deaths? I'm not sure if it's possible, but you never know
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Mar 07, 2001 3:13 am

Well, despite my earlier post... Which was a joke, btw... I think it's a moot point now.

Rangers and Paladins can both group with Necros now, according to the gods. So they can get rejuved just like everyone else. Image

Mal the unsteady
Zhadow
Sojourner

Postby Zhadow » Sun Mar 11, 2001 9:14 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malacar:
<B>Well, despite my earlier post... Which was a joke, btw... I think it's a moot point now.

Rangers and Paladins can both group with Necros now, according to the gods. So they can get rejuved just like everyone else. Image

Mal the unsteady</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm just want to comment about Rangers and Paladins can both group with Necros ??? I hope the coders will not implement this because these two class of warrior suppose to be "HOLY WARRIORS". Grouping with Necros is like throwing away everything they stand for.
Harthorm
Sojourner

Postby Harthorm » Sun Mar 11, 2001 9:47 am

You're only partly right, Zhadow. A paladin is a holy warrior, but they will do _anything_ necessary to accomplish their good intentions. If that means grouping with a necromancer because the ultimate end result is a good deed, they will do it. They will not like the necro, they will try and group with them as little as possible, and they definitely won't encourage their evil actions, but they will use them to bring about the greater good.

As for rangers, they aren't necessarily holy in the sense that a paladin is. They worship their chosen god who grants them certain powers, much like the paladin, but they aren't normally under restrictions such as grouping only with good-aligned characters. They'd behave much like the paladin in that situation, but might be more tolerant of the necro's behavior.

Just my interpretation. If you, as a Paladin, feel that you shouldn't group with them, then don't. It's all in the RP, baby.

Harthorm/Twiblin
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Mar 12, 2001 6:42 am

Hmm... well you forgot to mention that rangers don't exactly love undead, animated corpses being the abomination that they are. I as a druid would group with a necro if it was a way to preserve a forest or some such... but I don't see Treehuggers regularly hanging out with necros, RP-wise.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Mar 12, 2001 6:43 am

meteor swarm. Oh wait...
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Mon Mar 12, 2001 7:18 am

Moritheil, I think a druid would actually have more problems with undead than a ranger would. Since rangers are concerned with the greater good and nature while druids are only concerned with nature, a druid would probably try to destroy a perversion of nature like the undead while a ranger might be willing to tolerate it for a while if it serves some good cause. After all, not all undead are evil in the realms and there are some good liches (extremely rare though, more so than any evil lich) in Faerun so striving for a just cause isn't always going to conflict with undeath. While the more sentinent undead that a necromancer raises are evil (skeletons and zombies are mindless so they should technically be neutral but anyway . . .), as long as they're not hurting any innocents they should be tolerable to a more open minded ranger.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”