?!??!?!! NO WAY!!

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Jaeron
Sojourner

?!??!?!! NO WAY!!

Postby Jaeron » Fri Mar 30, 2001 7:52 pm

No Mercenary class?! WTF am I supposed to play! Bah.. this sucks!

------------------
Jaeron -Shadowstalker, Merc for Hire, at your service.
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Fri Mar 30, 2001 10:37 pm

Bard?
Tyren
Sojourner

Postby Tyren » Fri Mar 30, 2001 11:55 pm

Rogue?
Me
Sojourner

Postby Me » Fri Mar 30, 2001 11:59 pm

A warrior that's available for hire?
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Sat Mar 31, 2001 4:44 am

Some other MUD?
Nitania
Sojourner

Postby Nitania » Sat Mar 31, 2001 4:41 pm

ROFL Mplor! :P

Nit
Jaeron
Sojourner

Postby Jaeron » Mon Apr 02, 2001 12:35 pm

It's a shame actually.. I had forgotten that Mplor had taken a disliking to me. You see, I was once asked on the mailing list why evils purge on Duris. (Me being an evil and all) When I told them the reasons that were given to me, everyone jumped down my throat. (People were purged to keep the playerbase low, and to keep newbies off the evils side so that more people play goodie.. you see, it was decided long before I got there that only people who proved themselves were supposed to play evils. Did I create this rule? No.) Anyway though, I played a goodie for months, and was invited to play an evil and join CBL. I was killed repeatedly by my own guild members, just to see if I would choose to be a twink, and whine and complain. I didn't. I took my loss, and continued on. Anyway, while explaining all of this, people started calling me all types of names, and saying "Who do you think you are to say who plays what races?! Blah blah blah!" When I had nothing to do with how it worked. Anytime I saw a newbie on, I would explain to them why they should play a goodie. Most left, most didn't. But when a twink was killed, even a level 1, all they did was whine and complain, proving they shouldn't be on the evil side. (According to what the gods and playerbase set up.) Then the problem with Mplor surfaced. Varia stated he wanted to hit me in the face with a shovel. I took that VERY personal. Mplor, who is in love with Varia, married to him and all, decided that I was a prick for going off on Varia, and proceded to spit venom in my direction. Suddenly, one of the players I respected the most, hated me. What would be the point of playing this game? People remember Mplor over me by now. Mplor continued playing here for 2 years after I left. Probably better for me. Leaves me more time to skate.

------------------
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Mon Apr 02, 2001 12:50 pm

While I don't totally agree with the purging system, I do see how it can be needed. The evil races on Duris are stronger in many aspects than the goodies, therefore to keep things interesting, more goodies, less evils. I played a little evil thri for two months, and never made it above level 18 because of a certain troll merc that hunted me down constantly. I never complained, but kept on trucking. It did get old after a while, but i was gonna keep trying. In the end, school ended up taking over everything, so I had to quit muddin for a while. Anyways, Duris is Duris, Sojourn is Sojourn. Don't hate someone because they play a game by rules they didn't set, it's pointless.

Why can't we all just get along? *sniff*

Lord, I need really need something to do at work :P

Galkar
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Apr 02, 2001 3:17 pm

Well, this is sort of off topic, but...

I agree with purging 100%. I'm someone who rolled up a character on the evil side of Duris with no twinking, no powerlevelling, and very few friends. Jaeron and Rika helped me when they could, but both made it a point to tell me they wouldn't stick their necks out to protect me. Fine, said I, I'll level up on my own. And that's what I did, and I got guilded within 2 months.

Purging sure as hell made me a better mudder. Knowing that I was actively being chased by a living, intelligent (sometimes) person taught me a lot about how to analyze and exploit the code to my advantage. You learn a lot of little tricks that help you later against both players and mobs. Yeah, it's annoying getting backstabbed to death while doing exp, but it's fun to hide and fool the upper levels Image I mean, there's no clairvoyance on Duris.. if someone wants to purge you they either gotta walk around and FIND you, or relocate/moonwell and let you know they're coming. And the first thing you learn is, a relocate or portal message means you RUN.

Still love ya Jaeron,
- Ragorn
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Mon Apr 02, 2001 8:40 pm

I have no opinion on Duris's purging system, or really anything that has to do with Duris. Nor have I ever commented on that topic.

My coming to Varia's defense on SOS2 had much more to do with our long friendship than with any personal feelings I have towards you. Sometimes you have to stand by your friends, right or wrong. I hope you do play Soj3, and I apologize for my remark, which could easily have been interpreted to mean I hoped you wouldnt play. It was supposed to mean something more like 'Sojourn is what it is.'

Mp
Tagad
Sojourner

Postby Tagad » Tue Apr 03, 2001 6:43 am

Dont make me seperate you children. I will and you both know it.

Tagad Sigil
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Apr 03, 2001 7:48 am

He will, too.

Fear the ~
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Apr 03, 2001 7:55 am

I'm glad I helped you learn how to run with my rope, Ragorn.

Yayaril
Varia
Sojourner

Postby Varia » Fri Apr 06, 2001 9:30 am

Hon, I already apologised to you for that mess, both on sos and eq. Image Please just let it go and lets go whack some frost giants or manscorps and get back to how it should be.
*Hugs*
Varia
Jaeron
Sojourner

Postby Jaeron » Fri Apr 06, 2001 12:14 pm

I let it go long ago Varia Image

I was just bringing it back up because when Mplor said that, it made me realize..

Think of it this way.. there aren't many old school Sojourn players left. Mplor is known to the new school very well. I'd be basically starting my rep from scratch. Who's gonna follow me to lead zones if he doesn't like me? Who's gonna let me in their zone groups? Even exp groups? I worked hard at getting along with EVERYONE. Even when grouping with Sigil, I didn't turn down groups from Mikar, groups from Mplor, and I never turned down anyone that would benefit the group when I lead a group unless you complained about someone else who was going. Basically, in a game about reputation, it would be pointless to try. Image

------------------
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Fri Apr 06, 2001 12:31 pm

Jaeron, you r00l!

I'll group with you anytime!
Jaeron
Sojourner

Postby Jaeron » Fri Apr 06, 2001 1:41 pm

I created a rogue.. I now have to adjust a schedule that works for me, then I have to adjust to a new class. Image

I'll be balancing work, 9:00 till 5:30, with a 1 hour commute time so.. 6:30 till midnight mudding time (With late nights for zones and stuff.. who needs sleep?) Then girlfriend will take some time out, as will skating.. other stuff don't matter. Image

------------------
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Fri Apr 06, 2001 5:33 pm

Jaeron, you best play or I will break your knees.

Wobb

You prolly knew me as Vurad/Dror.

=)
Varia
Sojourner

Postby Varia » Fri Apr 06, 2001 9:08 pm

WOOOOT!!! Kewlies hon! Reports on the new rogue are highly positive so I think you'll prolly enjoy it. And I'm always happy to follow you to Hell and back (or whatever the replacement is called... :P). Had some fun on those hell runs of yours. And remember- leaders are ALWAYS in demand. Image
*Hugs*
Varia
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Mon Apr 09, 2001 9:09 am

Jaeron .... the old-schoolers know you well.. your rep follows you ... to see your name posted again is balm to the eyes ...

Duris is Duris .. it always will be (god remember it before all the BS started??)

(and hey :P if they won't follow u on the goodie side ... the UD would welcome you!!!)

-Shalia/Karikhann/Eliandara
Somerled
Sojourner

Postby Somerled » Mon Apr 09, 2001 5:01 pm

Bleh ... Ive been with Soj since it was Ver 1.0 before the TAA, it was fantastic then, its fantastic now ... I also played Duris a lot when it first opened, mind you .. thats when it FIRST opened, and then it also was fantastic! The races were balanced, there was very limited mindless killing, there was no PRO evil mindset, it was a blast, but .. changes in "management" and changes in management styles evolved and IMHO Duris went to the dogs, and is still there .. no doubt Duris has had some brilliant coders and they have implemented some fantastic additions there, many of which have been adopted by Soj, but it has become VERY player unfriendly. I am just a little disspointed in Soj3 not having pk, I had hoped that they would be able to work out the necessary controls to make pk reasonable and controllable rather than like what Duris has become, but it is not to be, regardless Soj is a far more successful system and far more popular mud .... this is a simple fact. Whether or not is is better than others is a matter of personal taste, but none can deny that it is one of if not the most popular non-graphic mud in existance, and the old School Soj mudders will always have a home there.

Regards,

Somerled
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Apr 09, 2001 5:34 pm

There will be a huge 300+ room arena on S3. Controlled pkill for those who want it.
Jaeron
Sojourner

Postby Jaeron » Mon Apr 09, 2001 5:50 pm

I'll be there ALOT.

------------------
Tagad
Sojourner

Postby Tagad » Tue Apr 10, 2001 5:40 am

Jaeron is a n00b no one will ever follow him.

~Tagad Sigil
Jaeron
Sojourner

Postby Jaeron » Tue Apr 10, 2001 10:40 am

Thx info.
Oh and you're just uber with phat l00tz huh? ^_^

Damnit.. I can't remember any of the Everquest phrases we used to use all the time.. oh btw.. since Zeddic lies, does he still play? He swears he doesn't when I ask him when I see him.. but I can easily picture him on every night :P Blade/Faerin at least admits it. Image

------------------
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Apr 10, 2001 3:00 pm

Jaeron,

I will roxx0r u. I CHAELLENGE U 2 A DUAL IN TEH ARENA WHEN THEEY OPIN IT!!!!!!!11

- Ragorn K
Jaeron
Sojourner

Postby Jaeron » Tue Apr 10, 2001 4:40 pm

Hey Jeff.. I didn't know you played Sojourn.. you are a faggorts.

------------------

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”