Idea for new zone Evermeet

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
silvea
Sojourner

Idea for new zone Evermeet

Postby silvea » Mon Apr 23, 2001 10:02 am

hi,

I'm now playing 5 years as various chars on this or older versions of the mud and I still think Evermeet is one of the best places to start. I only think that the "concept" of Evermeet (that it is an island) never got in my mind. I got then a few ideas how you could make it more an island.

The idea is to make a 2nd big road. It should start north at the lake of Drulak, leading west around the glades with a small road to the town here. Then south to contact the main road, further south around the elemental glades then a bit east making contact with Elder Forest.

The road should then be described as a "coast road" with on 1 side the sea and the other side some descriptions of what you can see (like near elemental glades, "The point of a old black tower can be seen to your east rising between the trees"). A small 3 or 4 house sea elf fisherman village would be a nice add to give it the last style it needs.

An other good point is to make the harbor (south of Leuthilspar) in game with some ships and mobs (sailors). Maybe even a boot fair to Moonshea instead of the portal there?

greetings,

Silvea
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Mon Apr 23, 2001 3:22 pm

you mean you dont like the docks completely devoid of mobs? *snicker*
Rynlaeis
Sojourner

Postby Rynlaeis » Mon Apr 23, 2001 9:10 pm

I think a coastal road would definitely be a boon to the Evermeet atmosphere. It would add another area to Evermeet (which is always a plus) and define EM more as an island, like Silvea said, which I think would add to the "mood" of Evermeet.

Only thing is, I believe Evermeet in Forgotten Realms is a continent, not just an island.. but it doesn't seem to be a continent in Sojourn so this would be fine.
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Mon Apr 23, 2001 9:33 pm

I think a coastal zone for EM would be awesome. In fact, I've thought about writing one before, but havent because 1) I dont have time and 2) I dont really know how (arent there supposed to be some kinda extensive docs around somewhere describing it all in detail???). I've also thought about a (difficult) link to the UD (Islands don't float, unless they're on giant turtles!!) just for spice.

I wouldn't call evermeet a continent. I dont have the maps on this computer, but I dont seem to remember evermeet being significantly bigger than the combined moonshae islands (like british isle size), but I could be wrong. I also remember wondering why evermeet doesnt become overpopulated fast. I mean, you'd think with 500 some odd years of life and those cute elven chicks, alot of elven babies would be made....

Izzy, who thinks about reproduction too much.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Apr 23, 2001 9:34 pm

Nope... it's an island. An artificial one too created by the Elven High Magi. It's just a rather large island... sorta like Greenland or Ireland. Image

Sarvis
Gythi
Sojourner

Postby Gythi » Mon Apr 23, 2001 9:54 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sarvis:
<B>Nope... it's an island. An artificial one too created by the Elven High Magi. It's just a rather large island... sorta like Greenland or Ireland. Image

Sarvis</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got the elves of evermeet handbook and the FR atlas (doesnt have much on EM) any other reference suggestions for EM stuff?

Hehe, even though humans may be able to get to EM via reloctate, i like to see a real invasion. EM has one of the most bad ass back up armies i know of Image

- Gythi
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Apr 23, 2001 10:05 pm

<u>Evermeet: Island of Elves</u> by Elaine Cunningham. Not a reference or atlas or anytihing like that. More of a book about the history and such on EM... but I'm usre you could get some kickass ideas for zones out of it. Image (Ie. The drow invaded EM once using tunnels leading from parts of the underdark into EM.)

Sarvis
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Mon Apr 23, 2001 10:29 pm

I agree with Sarvis. That book grants the reader the best understanding of FR elves and evermeet history. Excellent book.

Two thumbs up...

Izzy
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Tue Apr 24, 2001 1:36 pm

That book is very good, also, doesn't it take around a full day of riding to go from lueth to the northern tip of the island? And an invasion by drow would be awesome on the island. Make a few gates to some UD zones under EM that the grey's could go through, slay some baddies, but are heavily guarded by elven guards... this could set the ground for an invasion... You could connect them to other UD zones, but make it near impossible for low level elves to go through. Anyways, i'm rambling.
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Wed Apr 25, 2001 4:36 pm

humor me...

are there any high level zones on evermeet? i.e. any zones that bring you elves back to the island after a certain level to group up and go for specific pieces of equipment?

what level of exp zones are currently lacking on the island? any? what about equipment?

imo would be cool to have an "elf" only mid/high level zone where you must rely on your brethren to get through and rid the island of whatever UD creatures are lurking about.

thanks,
az
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Wed Apr 25, 2001 5:06 pm

exp zones on EM are mostly geared toward low/mid level (1-25th). I'd say they're decent, but EM could use another newbie zone just for variety (most ppl go to the kobold village...a great zone, but when ya been there 1000 times....sigh)

as for eq, I wont go into detail but there's tons of low level eq. High lvl eq is much rarer, but there are some decent specimens that are rare loads that I always went back and checked for. Then there's roots, but I'll let someone more knowledgeable handle that.

Izzy
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Wed Apr 25, 2001 5:43 pm

Drulak is a wonderful zone, for eq as well.
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Wed Apr 25, 2001 6:00 pm

Ayup. Gotta love those swords in Drulak *drool*

Izzy
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Apr 25, 2001 6:02 pm

Drulak has some areas that are deadly, and for much higher levels, but yes, I agree with Cherzra, it's a great zone. Image

Don't forget, Cyric said a bunch of new zones were going in.. Who knows, we may have a new EM zone(or two?!). You never know. Image

------------------
Malacar - French kissin midgets, and damn proud of it. Oh yeah... My comments can offend you now, I don't care anymore. Have a day.
silvea
Sojourner

Postby silvea » Thu Apr 26, 2001 6:53 am

Here a short break/description of em zones and equipment.

Drulak is a cool zone, and fairly compleet for everybody something except low levels.

Sylvan Glades is a bit out of time, now the xp for animals (or where at sj2) is lowerd its has become a bit out dated, still an awesome zone.

Kobold Village is the newbie zone for EM, some nice pieces of equipment there, but in my feeling missing a well or fountain (no watter there, even not for the kobolds)

Elder Forrest is a nice place for levels 10 and up, nice xp, cool quests, cool equipment.

Ellemental Glades is also a bit outdated, all tiny/small targets, all casters and low level so very hard to get xp there, its a shame becouse that zone has style. I think the dammage but not the levels of thoes killer sprites should be lowerd. They also assist when in nabor rooms, so all the time you fighting 4 casters. (not a smart move, for sure when they all !bash)

Faerie Forrest this is one of THE zones of evermeet, loads of style, good xp for all levels, balanced quipment. Only a shame a few quests not working there (finn, goggles).

On avarage we got a well balanced island, a bit short on mobs for levels 20 and higher, you ende here up always killing the same 4 mobs.

The equipment part of this island is a bit strange and reasons to complain a bit. We got some desent weapons here, some awesome quests and high level mobs. But we lack some basic pieces of equipment Image
- There is no desent 1h slasher (as quest or mob) on em for levels 30 or lower (1d8 is best here)
- There is a shortage on pieces of armor (for sure low levels) earring, mask, sleeves, eyepatch are most prominent here. The sleeves are most in shortage (for mages that is).

So if a new zone or road would be added I would like to see except the cool style some desent lv 25 to 35 mobs (no mages/trackers or atleast loads of them) With some equipment / quests that solves the equipment problems. And ofcourse as every Evermeet zone has and should have a nice little quest. Image
Faedril
Sojourner

Postby Faedril » Thu Apr 26, 2001 3:29 pm

Just a little concurrence:

Drulak: Totally agree. Rocking zone

Sylvan Glades: Excellent zone. Exp could use an adjustment upward.

KV. Wouldn't change it. Its a short walk back to Leuthilspar for supplies.

Elder Forest. Awesome. Period.

Elemental Glades. Needs some attention. A couple nice pieces of eq and quests exist there. Difficult because little mobs are guard code and !bash casters as said. (Maybe taylor this area to groups of level 20-30.)

Faerie Forest is nice. It would nice to see something past the gate to the west of Annas, and past the guards on faerie way easy of bandors. Also, an addition of the seely and unseely courts might be neat. Roots xp could use a tweak. We noticed that the two tiny roots that low levels used to kill are bareley worth anything now.

Finally: EQ on EM is very balanced. Theres a little for everyone. All classes can leave the island at level 20 with every slot filled, and most slots with different items. There are higher level items available as well.

Just my 3 cents to add.
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Thu Apr 26, 2001 4:23 pm

Faedril/Silvea -

Thanks. Just what I needed.

cheers,
Az
Azralek Silvermist
Sojourner

Postby Azralek Silvermist » Thu Apr 26, 2001 4:30 pm

Not sure if the orignal poster meant a zone as in terms of jot or vault.
If so there arent really any on the island xcepting roots.

DRULAK
True there are quite a few nice rares around especially in drulak namely the two swords but a lot of the other stuff is pretty lame and drulak is practically never done except for the rares.

SYLVAN GLADES
Sylvan Glades is a nice outdoor zone but the exp is now horrible there and while it also has its sets of rares and quests its not done as a exp or eq zone.

ELEMENTAL GLADES
Too hard to be done for exp with all those
!bash casters as faedril said. nice zone though not much in there xcept a bitching hard quest for pityful reward.

FAERIE FOREST
Nice zone expansion of faerie way would be sweet.

KOBOLD VILLAGE & ELDER FOREST
Pretty much Perfect as they are they need no work really.
Except maybe a slight expansion to kv its kinda small considering the number of elves on the island would be nice if it were larger.

Summary
Below lvl 20 to 25 evermeet is nice home offereing plenty of experience and equipment.

Above that it is barren except for a few high lvls running and checking for rares.

PS. With faerie goggles out and emerals long sword not worth anything. There are no elf only zones or equipment on this elf only island anymore. not sure if queen still has that nice headpiece or if she is still doable with the new justice code in.
Azralek Silvermist
Sojourner

Postby Azralek Silvermist » Thu Apr 26, 2001 4:31 pm

sorry double post
silly browser

[This message has been edited by Azralek Silvermist (edited 04-26-2001).]
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Apr 26, 2001 8:50 pm

I really want goggles quest back in. It was my favorite thing in the game, and, imho, wasn't overpowered. Perhaps for the difficulty of the quest it was, but up the quest.

Really tired of seeing great items and quests get taken out because one ass twinks the quest repeatedly. Just change it, but put them back in please.

I agree with most sentiments above for EM zones... But...

As for Sylvan Glades? Great descriptions, and well designed except... The mobs are too hard, their cons are lower than their power. they do far too much damage, their ACs are far too low, and they give crappy exp. I took a god there to show them how tough they are, and the god agreed with me. I hope something gets done about it. It would be a great zone with exp/damage/AC tweaks to all the mobs. If not? It's another unused zone except for the quest mobs. Image

btw - drulak has a bunch of 35th level stuff to do(the zone is huge).. It's getting to 35 that's hard. Image

------------------
Malacar - French kissin midgets, and damn proud of it. Oh yeah... My comments can offend you now, I don't care anymore. Have a day.
silvea
Sojourner

Postby silvea » Fri Apr 27, 2001 6:30 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Azralek Silvermist:
<B>Not sure if the orignal poster meant a zone as in terms of jot or vault.
If so there arent really any on the island xcepting roots.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hi,

I know Evermeet got onley 3 zones, 1 hidden in Drulak (levels 35+), 1 Gaints camp (levels 45+) and one at roots (levels 45+). All 3 the zones not that big, but nice to do.

I was mentioning more like an open road where you can walk safe over even at low levels (except then the random pops and mybe the rares).

The few side tracks (like a small sea elf fishermans village) just to add a bit of style. The road it self just to give Evermeet its hard needed last touch of style.

Also it can add some desent mobs for levels 15 to 35. In theese levels cat is a shortage of mobs. In this zone could also the last points of eq be added.

I hope this makes a bit more clear. Image

Silvea
Gorets
Sojourner

Postby Gorets » Thu May 03, 2001 6:52 pm

Well let’s see what I was doing there as a high level sorc –

Some nice solo fights:

Sage (“I WILL feeblemaind you!” fight. 47 feebles is the record.)
Gwark (“Who gets full harm today?” fight)
Guardian (“I love to sleep for hp.” fight)
Vokko (“I needa test something.” Fight.) Not much of a fight but nice to test spells and stuff.
Anna (“Don’t try it at home” fight.) <- wouldn’t recommend this one to anybody… very low rate of success…. Grm J

And for sure here comes long famed “4 man EM slam dunk exp” – Finn, Anna, Leader, and Knight.
Not much exp at all but a good fun…. Normally the last words of a warrior were – “I never miss a bash, remember?” J

Well, when lusty was +2 +2 we did it in a same group +conj time to time.

And last but not least – sometimes helped my cleric to get that nice 2xfull heal (at that time) potion from coco (It is since than I really HATE vampiric touch :P).

That’s about it…. Not much to do there at high level.

Gore.

[This message has been edited by Gorets (edited 05-03-2001).]
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Sun May 13, 2001 9:32 am

Rynlaeis:I think a coastal zone for EM would be awesome.

I am in the middle of writing a coastal zone for EM... It'll be done as soon as Im finished writing really cool triggers like a spelltracker that actually works and is pretty simple.
(mud client help, spelltracker X thread)
-Gerad
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed May 16, 2001 8:09 am

the tiny roots should be changed to rogues - it makes sense that they could trip people, and then the exp could be upped. But it should also be made such that they can't wield weapons... I'd hate to be backstabbed by a root.

more zones for em = good thing.
Ellyriel
Sojourner

Postby Ellyriel » Thu May 17, 2001 4:34 pm

As a diehard elf fan, I have to agree that I would loooooove to see more on the island. First, though, let me say how much I love the island already, so don't get me wrong. The book already described, "Evermeet" is a great book for elf lovers, and it would be truly extraordinary to be able to see and interact with the places within the story... perhaps even including a nice underwater zone for aquatic elves? Wouldn't that make a great high level zone, hmmmm?
Ellyriel - farm elf from Oklahoma

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”