buy extra skills

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Gindipple
Sojourner

buy extra skills

Postby Gindipple » Sun Sep 09, 2001 7:28 am

Got me an idea talking about how much some skills cost at the guild tonight. How about if you was willing to pay say 10 times more than current cost it would allow you to gain a notch even if it was topped out for your current level.

Thoughts?
Xebes
Sojourner

Postby Xebes » Sun Sep 09, 2001 7:42 am

Seems like it could be twinked easily for easier leveling (especially of hitter classes) by someone making a char, leveling it, etc, etc, getting the cash, then dumping it all into a secondary char's skill notches.

Is that really what we want to be doing? I just see an obvious potential for making exp too easy.

------------------
-<(#)>- Xebes makes your heart start to race REAL FAST!
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Sep 09, 2001 5:44 pm

I'd just rather see skill loss when you lose a level not happening Image
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Mon Sep 10, 2001 11:02 pm

I totaly agree... as a level 50 rogue I have dedicated many many hours into skill practice. At level 50 you think you would be able to buy your skills to maximum ability.. or just shy thereof. Sure leveling a rogue is easy compared to most other classes.. but try getting your skills maxed. I think you will find it takes much more time to do these 2 things than it would take to say level an invoker to level 50.
Buying skills in guild would just plain make sense tho.. do you train there or just stick your thumb up your ass?

-Jaznolg
Jethrus
Sojourner

Postby Jethrus » Mon Sep 10, 2001 11:12 pm

Perhaps change it so that at level 50 you are afforded the option to train skills at a greatly increased price up to 90 or so. That would prevent lowbie twinking and at the same time allow people who are level 50 to get some skills up that take a long time. I have sat inskeletons for about 5 hours so far and notched dodge 3x, shieldblock 5x, parry 1x, and riposte 7x. For me to master all of my skills at that pace will take about 3-5 rl days of just sitting in skeletons to do. My stats that these skills are dependent upon are 100 str/100 dex/ 74 agi... so I know why my dodge sucks. Anyways, just food for thought.
-Jethrus
Jethrus
Sojourner

Postby Jethrus » Mon Sep 10, 2001 11:12 pm

Perhaps change it so that at level 50 you are afforded the option to train skills at a greatly increased price up to 90 or so. That would prevent lowbie twinking and at the same time allow people who are level 50 to get some skills up that take a long time. I have sat inskeletons for about 5 hours so far and notched dodge 3x, shieldblock 5x, parry 1x, and riposte 7x. For me to master all of my skills at that pace will take about 3-5 rl days of just sitting in skeletons to do. My stats that these skills are dependent upon are 100 str/100 dex/ 74 agi... so I know why my dodge sucks. Anyways, just food for thought.
-Jethrus

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”