Invasion group limits

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Corth
Sojourner

Invasion group limits

Postby Corth » Wed Apr 10, 2002 5:30 pm

I was wondering if anyone can come up with a better idea than the current invasion rule that the first group of 12 people in the zone can claim the eq mobs.

As I remember it, the reason for the 12 person rule was so that people wouldn't rush once in jot to get to the waterfall (the previous rule for claiming the eq mobs was the first group to the waterfall had their pick). It was also determined that 12 people was the absolute minimum needed to do invasion. Now, however, people just rush to get the first 12 people standing around into their group so they can get to jot first and claim the zone. I don't think this is a better result. Furthermore, I think most people would agree that less then 12 people could clear most of the invasion grid, and at the very least, do glammad.

Unfortunately, I can't think of anything that is less arbitrary. I was wondering if anyone else has a better idea.

Corth

------------------
Rokub
Sojourner

Postby Rokub » Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:26 pm

You know I think the 12 person limit was a good sign for the race to jot when invasion loaded. It was a good compromise, but I think if the gods make the items !locate, and they have already added the jot trolls there. Then the invasion has and will become a real secret thing.

I think that rule of 12 can be scrapped because I think rarely will you find people racing at a reboot to check jot invasion much anymore because it requires a group of at least 3 lets say to kill those 2 trolls.

I think it should be 1st come, 1st serve since its not the begining of pwipe and everyone was running to the jot invasion once it was doable.

Most people hear that jot invasion loaded by word of mouth or locateing the items anywayz, so really the 1st person who found it let someone else or themselves spill the beans. Which gave way to someone else making it a race.

So why not just have it 1st person there gets it? Are there to many playing users to let this happen? I'm sure if you don't have the resources to do it, you would kindly hand the invasion over to the next person ! (duck).

Not sure.

Rokub
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:13 pm

Yeah I really miss the old invasion races as well but I think we're in the minority on this one.

Since racing wasn't an option, I was glad that we were able to split up the zone in a civilized manner. When all is said and done, this type of thing gets worked out the best through mutual respect. Under the rules, either one of our groups could have just grabbed the first three people we could to jot, and claimed the palace. I think we did the right thing, under the circumstances, and went outside the rules and came up with our own solution. The reason I even bring this up, though, is that I'm not naive and I know that in the future, other groups won't be able to act in such a respectful manner towards each other.

I think, also, that you are probably right, and that the 12 person limit should be looked into for a possible decrease.. assuming nobody else has any better ideas.

Corth

------------------
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Wed Apr 10, 2002 11:44 pm

I'm with rokub.
Make the black swords !locate, you'd have to actually go check to see if invasion loads, rather than race, usually the one with the first porter to tree wins now. How great a surprise would it be to get up there to do jot, and find invasion loaded, nowdays you always know ahead of time Image (within 1 min of mud uptime).
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Wed Apr 10, 2002 11:47 pm

Make the swords !locate, it baffles me that this wasn't done before..

Dornax
Jurdex

------------------
"Est Sularus Oth Mithas"
"My Honor is My Life"
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Apr 11, 2002 12:05 am

Nods, i agree. Gods: the sword in question is the 'huge black sword' wielded by the fire giant soldiers. When invasion loads, you locate like 30 of them, when it doesn't, you locate 2.

Now, assuming invasion is completely unlocatable and the only way to find out if it loaded is to bring a group there, would normal jot rules of one group per zone apply?

Corth

------------------
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Apr 11, 2002 2:34 am

disagree let it remain at 12 and let it remain 2 groups

id support a change to 9 or one group per invasion, when you have to bring a zone group to check it and you cant locate any invasion eq (at least 6 very good players to do trolls in other words). id like to see trolls be much more difficult. i think people that do jot day in and day out ought to find and do invasion and the other jot rares.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Apr 11, 2002 11:24 am

not just the swords...make ALL invasion eq !locate, and make sure the stupi trophy bug is fixed...i suggested this stuff right when the jot changes were put in.

------------------
Gormal FaCtOr!

Gormal Stoneforge
Kildran T'sarith
Kelthas Orean
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Thu Apr 11, 2002 12:27 pm

I vehemently advocate that any and all rares should be !locate.

No more cheesing to see if Zog loaded, if Phiraz loaded, if Fzoul loaded, if invasion loaded, if blah loaded, if your mom loaded.

Making rares locatable is extremely cheesy and irritating to those who don't have locate.

ALL RARES SHOULD BE !LOCATE. IF YOU WANT IT, GET OFF YOUR ASS AND LOOK FOR IT.

------------------
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Apr 11, 2002 2:59 pm

Gormal,

The trophy bug has been fixed for a long time.

Corth

------------------
Allycis
Sojourner

Postby Allycis » Fri Apr 12, 2002 3:17 am

collect all the black swords and pass them out for people to keep in their bags so the number fluctuates a ton! yeah woo!

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”