Enchanter Work Load

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Enchanter Work Load

Postby Teyaha » Tue Apr 16, 2002 6:39 am

I would like input from enchanters only on this, of all levels. No flames, or anything not related to the topic at hand.

I ask that if you are not an enchanter that you refrain from posting opinions on what is dicussed here. It's hard to appreciate the class if you havent played one seriously. Alts count though if you've put some serious time in them I'd think.

Anyway I'd like to see if we can organize our thoughts on how to lighten up our load a bit without taking away any of our uniqueness. I'd go through and evaluate each circle tonight if it wasnt so late. Tomorrow night then, but i'd like some input from the other chanters. Malacar, Verz, Izid, everyone.

Keep it civil, no attacks, no flames, no smartass replies. No posts not relevant to the topic at hand please.

Not to say the current version of the enchanter isnt what the gods envision oringally, but who knows right?
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Apr 16, 2002 6:40 am

btw, no we dont need any more offense. I think that's been beat to death. dosent mean that what we have couldnt be moved around a bit.

thanks again
Xebes
Sojourner

Postby Xebes » Tue Apr 16, 2002 8:41 pm

I'd like to propose a few ideas here that may be somewhat controversial, but I feel that them, combined, may make enchanters a little bit easier to handle from a work-load perspective.

My goals with these ideas are as follows:
To make enchanters a class based on defensive and enchantment spells, _without_ constraining them strictly to spellups, as they are now.

a) Remove haste from enchanters.
b) With a high enough skill in spellcast/specialize enchantment (and possibly after completing a difficult quest as well), allow enchanters' offensive enchantment spells (faerie fire/ray/fumble/stumble/slowness/enervate/minor para/sleep) to have a chance to behave as areas when not targetted.

c) Possibly add another 10th circle quest-type spell for variety. My thought was something of the nature of increasing the duration of all spells cast upon the group by 50% while this spell was active. With this _and_ dragonscales, it would give enchanters definitely some thinking about which to mem if the duration of this new spell was somewhat short.

d) Make blur self-only and increase duration substantially.

I'll edit to explain the reasoning behind this when I get the time-- I'd like to hear whether other enchanters love/hate these ideas, however.
I know some of these ideas sound like possible downgrades, but I feel that the enchanter class is quite possibly _too_ powerful at this stage in the mud, which is manifesting itself in that enchanters are asked to do so much all at once.

-Xeb
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Apr 16, 2002 8:58 pm

I hadn't thought of it like that, Xebes. Good point.

My ideas are pretty simple...

Increase haste duration. Give us a mass fly. A mass haste would be nice, but I can live without it if the spell duration is substantially increased. Blur... Xebes had an interesting idea. I kinda like it, but don't in others.. Will have to think about that one.

I would like to be able to enchant items(to a high degree, this includes worn and wielded items, as well as the ability to make scrolls), but any item so enchanted has the following drawbacks:
item becomes transient
item has a chance to break when a crit is scored, or the wearer takes a crit
item becomes norent
item becomes magic (thus preventing multiple enchants)

I like the idea of spells that increase durations, and I definitely agree with xebes about the area effect enchantments. I don't want damage offense, just status offense.

prismatic spray is lame, I would request it be removed in favor of the area effect stat debuffs listed above.

a multi-target 10th circle globe would rawk. i think enchanters should have an effect akin to elemental ward, always have. I felt that elemental ward was a band-aid fix to globe. stone/dscale should either notch every single hit, regardless of globe, or not at all. It's pretty simple. The way it is now just doesn't make sense.

I'll post more when I got time. RPG group due here soon.

Thanks for posting this thread Tey... Great idea. I just hope that non-enchanters respect your wants of keeping this enchanter only.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!

[This message has been edited by Malacar (edited 04-16-2002).]
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Apr 16, 2002 9:17 pm

I have a 26th level enchanter alt, I played an enchanter on soj 2 (until i quit), and a sorcerer on toril. I'm going to presume that its ok for me to post here. Its always a touchy subject when someone advocates upgrades or downgrades, or any change really. I would hope that people would do as Teyaha requests and keep this conversation civil. I think most of us share an interest in bettering the mud.

Xebes:

I think I know where your going with this, and I like it. You've identified the problem: Enchanters have too many necessary spells. Hence they have such a high workload.

It has been my position for a long time now that blur is redundant. There are numerous defensive spells that are around in the game. Blur is essentially an extra round of spellup. I like the idea of increasing its power and making it self only. Enchanters are often easy targets for mobs in a zone group. This would increase their survivability and at the same time decrease their workload. The remaining defensive spells can then be balanced in such a way as to make up for what was lost when blur was changed.

That being said, i disagree with you about removing haste. Its the same philosophy.. remove a necessary spell and its no longer necessary. However, as it stands right now, hitters do a small percentage of the overall damage in zone groups. I would not advocate further handicapping them by removing this spell. Furthermore, I do not think widespread use of haste items is the answer. I would tend to agree with the general consensus: haste duration should be upped.

I think with blur made self only, and haste duration increased, enchanters would have a lot more time for actually casting spells during battle rather than constantly meming out.

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Apr 16, 2002 9:31 pm

I enjoy prismatic spray too much for me to condone its removal. It could use a little bit of tweaking- like change the dispel magic and poison part of it for ray of enfeeblement and fumble. As for hastes and blurs, it would be neat if there was a single target spell in 9th circle about which cast both haste and blur on a target, and had an extended duration of about 5-10 minutes.

------------------
-Yayaril
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Tue Apr 16, 2002 9:50 pm

I have to say I agree with Xebes 100%. I don't want the duration of haste increased, I want it gone completely from the enchanter spell list. I know it makes low level enchanters more desireable to groups, but regardless...

I love prism too, just change the dispel magic so we can use it Image

Also i'd suggest moving the debuff spells around so they dont conflict with more important circles(ex:slowness and stumble) and maybe give some exp for it. Maybe make us the prime debuffer class + dscale/stoner.

Snurgt take no prisoner

[This message has been edited by Snurgt (edited 04-16-2002).]
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Wed Apr 17, 2002 1:51 am

I like all the spells as they are, however i think we could use two more spells:

group stone/and another 10th circle. (agree with Xebes on that)

bards already have group fly.

<edit>perhaps we could also use group-haste, but i think group-stone is more important</edit>

------------------
Leah A. W.

[This message has been edited by muma (edited 04-16-2002).]
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Apr 17, 2002 2:15 am

I'm gonna have to disagree with the camp that wants haste removed. if it's removed that means the lowest level the spell is available is at 31 on necros and elementalists. that's too far to go for low level and legit newbies and their friends. not to mention those hastes, being used by non spec enchantment classes, wont last long enough to be useful.

keep haste on chanters, just significantly increase it's duration.

i'm also not keen on making blur self only. blur makes my dscales and stones last longer, which means a longer period of time before i have to type and cast them again. from a health perspective this would be bad for me personally to have it removed.

it's also a free -2 spellsave to anyone that gets it cast on them. better than being poked in the eye with a sharp stick, i'd say.

i agree we dont need group fly. other classes could use the spell though, that's ok.

anyway still working on my analysis of the spelltree we have. just for kicks here's my typical mem list out of zones.

You have memorized the following spells:
(10th circle) 1 - dragonscales
( 9th circle) 1 - relocate
3 - constriction
( 8th circle) 3 - major paralysis
2 - globe of invulnerability
( 7th circle) 1 - fly
5 - power word blind
( 6th circle) 2 - cone of cold
1 - clairvoyance
3 - blur
( 5th circle) 6 - stone skin
1 - dimension door
( 4th circle) 6 - haste
2 - dispel magic
( 3rd circle) 4 - locate object
1 - strength
2 - dispel invisible
2 - ray of enfeeblement
( 2nd circle) 4 - minor creation
3 - invisibility
2 - faerie fire

[RETURN for more, q to quit] 1 - energy shield
( 1st circle) 2 - detect invisibility
6 - magic missile
2 - detect magic
1 - mage flame

You can memorize no more spells.

it's usually two pages, sometimes even pages to three, but i need a lot of magic missiles and rays and hastes from xp recently.
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Wed Apr 17, 2002 2:36 am

So call me the bad guy but I'm fine with our workload actually... in general I keep dscales up on group (at least half it, depending on the leader and zone) at all times, leavin me just the blurs before major fights, and sometimes globes if we have no glober -- I do globes/hastes less than 50% of the time. Hell I only have 3 hastes memmed, that solves the problem when they ask!

Of course I understand how it is with 8 melee people and no glober, but while it may take a bit longer I don't consider it all that much more work. How much work is typing a 3-letter alias anyway? To ensure you aren't the slow-poke on the spellup it just takes a bit of proactive spelling up, which I do all the time.

That being aside: I agree, don't remove haste.. it's so enchanterish, why would others get it and not us?

Prismatic spray also rules, though I wouldn't object to the poison being substituted for somethin else.

I'm sorry I can't be more constructive, I may have some ideas after some more discussion but I'm in the camp that thinks things are fine the they are.

Ssissiv

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 17, 2002 3:50 am

Something is coming to address some of these concerns. I can't go into much detail right now, but it tends towards improving the enchanters ability to perform their job quickly, rather than taking away anything from them.

I can't give you an ETA on it, but we have considered this issue extensively.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Apr 17, 2002 4:18 am

cool mang, that's what i wanted to hear!

i love this char too much to have anything taken away, even enervate!!! (hehe)
Zsasz
Sojourner

Postby Zsasz » Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:48 am

Wow,

After writing paragraphs and paragraphs on this I find myself tongue tied. I have conflicting opinions in a lot of ways. I think Enchanters are pretty much fine, just the way they are.

In truth I'd like to see some changes. the greedy person in me thinking, the exp is terrible. I get practically no damage exp in fights, I worked a freaking ton. I mean glance this, haste that, oop he's frozen blink him, slow them, need to glance again, i'm sure i saw a haste fall message somewhere whose was it. Then again, when playing a chanter not doing exp you'll never get bored. You have so much to do, you are busy. Now lets compare to warrior. bash annnnnnnd what new post is on bbs. Lets let trigs take care of rest. aaahhhhhh.

I think the one thing I would honestly change is an actual non quested 10th circle spell. And maybe fixing the dang blink bug for when you are tanking yourself.

The enchanter is one of the only classes I know in the game that:

A) rocks in a combat scenario and is necessary.
B) a great solo or group class, either way you want to play it, you can.
C) a great non-combat class, Don't wanna fight? travel,spy,walk around throwing dscales on random lowbies and bask in the gratitude,explore. Send a tell to 5 groups and watch them fight over who gets ya..rofl the enchanter is loved.

I guess I agree with dezzex. They are good the way they are. A few twinks are needed but based on a prior reply, they are being looked into. The only thing I wanted to change was peoples opinions of them. The enchanter is not everyones bitch. And well...that opinion has changed...and so I find myself. enjoying the class again, If i could just get that dang warrior to 50th!!

------------------
The problem with the world is that everyone
is a few drinks behind.
> --Humphrey Bogart
Jorus
Sojourner

Postby Jorus » Thu Apr 18, 2002 5:44 am

My 2 cents:

Get your leader to include an elementalist in the group.

Enchanter workload will IMMEDIATLY drop. If you don't know why, don't ask.

But that said, smoothing spellups would be a nicety.

Perhaps allow us to make !rent scrolls (*nod me*). Actually, kidding there. That'd be too insane (not trying to make a whole new class here).

But all in all I think enchanters are fine the way they are. They're just hard work.

With the addition of stone and dscale xp (even if it does appear to be slight -- can't really notice it coming in) I'm stoked.

Now for my favourite gripe: haste xp! *chuckle*

Hasting for big fights would be it's own reward then!

I guess all that is to say I'm fairly happy with my workload. So long as the count of hitters stays around 5 (no double-globing) it's pretty quick.

Increase the QC on vit to keep pace, I say. *duck*

Regards,
Jorus
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:00 am

Er.. I group with elementalists quite a bit.. It doesn't make that huge of an impact on my spellups(except for primary tank on shielded mobs, drool). Not sure what yer smoking. Image

Their wards don't last long, so I end up globing tanks anyways. Their hastes don't last very long either, so I have to haste hitters anyways. Image

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:17 am

I have no problem with the enchanter class as it is.

I'm not sure losing haste is a good option, as enchanters are usually never casting it in zones..

Blur I'd just like a doubled-duration.

And DONT touch my prismatic spray!

Give me group-energy shield, and group-fly Image

------------------
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:25 am

Yes pls don't take pris away, it's one of my favorite spells.
In fact don't touch the class, it's one of the best classes I've played here.
Don't like to haste?
Play something else!

My 2 gems worth.

------------------
Gindipple (Gnome) stands here.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:38 pm

Jorus:
"Enchanter workload will IMMEDIATLY drop. If you don't know why, don't ask."

this is the kind of smartass and mean reply that needs to stop around here. why not ask? you think all the enchanters, or wannabe enchanters, know the answer to that question? please only post constructive and non vicious/hostile lines in posts in this thread, as i previously asked.

thre's never an elementalist on when i have an opportunity to zone, except the one in my guild, and she/he does take the workload off a bit.

Gindipple:
again your post is just flame bait, and i asked that these types of posts not be put here. you offer no suggestions, just dont touch it and if you dont like it go away. that's vicious, hostile and inappropriate.

develop arthritis and/or carpal tunnels and your feelings on this class's workload in a zone will change.

seeing as how the gods are already going to address this, any further discussion unless input is specifically asked by them is moot. any immort reading this please lock this thread, there's no point to more responses as you are addressing it.

Thank you.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:44 pm

have blur give haste effect after a certain skill level (80?) double duration.

i could make a case for it, and it cuts at least one spell out of the spell up. still not thrilled about haste being a standard. haste should be a bonus.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Apr 18, 2002 4:02 pm

Elemental Ward and globe have identical durations.

------------------
-Yayaril
Dulzuth
Sojourner

Postby Dulzuth » Thu Apr 18, 2002 4:46 pm

Well I have to reply Image I agree with everything Dezzex and a few others have stated.

Double blur duration would be nice.

Leave haste the way it is, or increase duration.

Another 10th circle spell would be interesting, but wouldn't be used often. Make it so you don't have to quest it.
Example spell: http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000632.html Image

Fix charm person, as it is I'm lucky to charm to a level 2 !classed mob, kinda useless. Maybe even make a better version of the spell for a higher circle. (Possible 10th circle !quest spell)

As for enchanter workload? I don't have a problem with it except when I'm very tired. Image

------------------
Dulzuth - General of the 1st Zombie Brigade
Jayden
Sojourner

Postby Jayden » Thu Apr 18, 2002 5:20 pm

The enchanter class is awesome and it's a blast to play for me. The main reason that is - is that we are so busy. We have tons of spells to cast on people and they are needed. There are a lot of interesting ideas in this string. Ill just hit on a couple of little tweaks that I think would help flesh out enchanters.

Haste and blur durations, blur especially needs to upped just a tad. If spelling up 5 peeps then blur is fading by the time all spells are complete.

Another thing Id like to point out is globe. Globe is an awesome spell Im just sad it's only used for shields in spellups. Seems by the time you get minor globe or globe the mobs your fighting cast spells that are higher and ignore it.

From Iyachtu's post I know the gods have something in mind, I can't wait to see what it is and put it to use Image
Azralek Silvermist
Sojourner

Postby Azralek Silvermist » Thu Apr 18, 2002 5:34 pm

Yeah base durations are same yaya but we specialize enchantment so our globes own ward in the end.if i can i usually globe tanks since ward often drops mid fight if we had along spellup. or in places where we try to kill multiple mobs of one spellup. .. but thats off the point .. waiting with baited breath to see what the gods have in store
Koldaz
Sojourner

Postby Koldaz » Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:58 pm

Elemental Ward is spellcast elemental
Globe is spellcast enchantment

Elementalists specialize in elemental
and Ench in enchantment.

So both ward and globe are affected by specializing.

I don't have ward yet but it would make sense to me if the duration is same on both.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:18 pm

They are FAR from same in duration.

Ward lasts literally 1/2 the duration. If that. Dunno if Yaya was trying to be funny, so will give him the benefit of the doubt. Image

As for posts here... Don't just say you don't want the class to change because it's your favorite. Post reasons why you don't think they should be changed. This is a thread for ideas, not for gripes.

Thanks to all that have remained in the spirit of what Teyaha is trying to accomplish.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Thu Apr 18, 2002 10:45 pm

Hmm, I think that enchanters are pretty balanced. We can keep ourselves alive pretty well because we can stone/dscale ourselves whenever we need to, and I never zone w/o having at least a stone up.

As for increasing duration on blur, I would love that. Blur is a kickass spell, and i would hate to see it self-only. There is a big difference in the duration of stone/dscales when the target is blur'd and not blur'd, so it's definitly a worthwhile spell to cast on all tank types imo.

Xebes' idea of giving debuff spells a chance to be area spells is one that I'm highly in favor of. I find it boring when doing 2nd gate house and I'm out of prisms to be able to do nothing. If we could have more spells like blacklight burst that would own, and they don't even have to do damage! Just area debuffs.

Enchanter exp is atrocious, but it needs to be that way. We're the best class in the game, and have the power to do a lot of stuff. Getting exp for stone/dscales rocks mightily, so thank you vmuch for that addition. I'm in favor of keeping enchanter exp the same. Not everyone should have an enchanter alt that's level 46+.

Overall I love the class the way it is, and I can't wait to see what the gods are going to give to us in order to make spellups easier. Thanks for the fun!

Selias

Oh yeah! One thing that I would like changed is to have PWB back to the way it was *duck*
Jorus
Sojourner

Postby Jorus » Sat Apr 20, 2002 9:09 am

puzzle..

Not sure what happened to that post.

I had something written about how telling people not to flame and then flaming them for any personality in a post is silly. Oh well.

Regards,
Jorus

[This message has been edited by Jorus (edited 04-21-2002).]

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 24, 2002 12:10 am

All you enchanters out there, type help skill_enchanter, and pay attention! Image

[This message has been edited by Iyachtu (edited 04-23-2002).]
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Apr 24, 2002 12:11 am

I like the idea, but feel this is a band-aid to the problems at hand.

Is there something long term that is being worked on?

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 24, 2002 1:14 am

This change is to address the one outstanding issue with enchanters: their inability to do full spellups when overtaxed. If you read the comments from other enchanters, that's the main issue that concerns them, and in fact some argued that enchanters don't need anything at all.

It is highly unlikely that you will see area versions of some of the enchanter buff spells, as they are extremely effective. This change will allow the enchanter to handle spellups for the group though.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Apr 24, 2002 1:16 am

Yeah, but what about area debuffs? I want something to do other than just spell up all the time.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 24, 2002 1:40 am

Area debuffs, on the surface, sound like a good idea. Until you realize that the mobs will be doing these same debuffs. At that point, take a poll of the people in your group and ask them how they'd feel about an area ray of enfeeblement, or an area enervate.

I think you'll find that those types of spells would be far more destructive to the group than to the mobs, which is why I've never suggested a change like that.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Apr 24, 2002 1:44 am

Good point. Hadn't thought of that.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Wed Apr 24, 2002 1:48 am

They won't cast it unless they're classed enchanter. There are 2 enchanter mobs in the game that I'm aware of. Area debuffs are !problem.

------------------
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:37 am

i'm afraid this new spell does not help the part time enchanter.

i didnt have time to quest dragonscales. if wasnt for the fact that i was given the black and green scales 7 months ago by turg, that yssilk gave me the white and that sok lead the group that killed silver dragon in tower i'd not have the spell. i dont have time to do fights like our current ass beating dragons, and i'm afraid i just wont be spending the time i takes to do a spell that eats up my only dscale slot atm.

please rethink this, it's not a feasible alternative to players with lives and/or arthritis. i wont be typing less, in fact i'll be techinically typing more.

not to mention the fact that at level 46 with..

< 401h/401H 148v/148V >

and

Saving Throws: PAR[0] ROD[0] PET[0] BRE[0] SPE[-5]

i cant do dragon type fights anyway....

oh well.

[This message has been edited by Teyaha (edited 04-23-2002).]
Nassis
Sojourner

Postby Nassis » Wed Apr 24, 2002 3:15 am

Umm. How about removing blur and then add nearly as much to warrior (-classes) shieldblock?

Less hassle for chanters, blur does sorta what displace does, makes shields more important for tanks, increases the gap in tanking ability between wuss casters and real men, whitens teeth and cures hairloss! As seen on TV!
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Wed Apr 24, 2002 5:24 am

The big question though..

Is that quest in the game?

------------------
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Wed Apr 24, 2002 5:29 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nassis:
<B>Umm. How about removing blur and then add nearly as much to warrior (-classes) shieldblock?

Less hassle for chanters, blur does sorta what displace does, makes shields more important for tanks, increases the gap in tanking ability between wuss casters and real men, whitens teeth and cures hairloss! As seen on TV!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

but Nassis, what about chanters that like to solo, blur is _very_ important to them.

------------------
Leah A. W.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Apr 24, 2002 5:33 am

Yeah Jegzed.. I triplechecked with Iyachtu. That's why it hasn't gone in til now, had to wait for quest to get improved and loaded.

Gimme a tell, I got a list of people collaborating on it.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Gromikazer
Sojourner

Postby Gromikazer » Wed Apr 24, 2002 6:49 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Teyaha:
<B>i'm afraid this new spell does not help the part time enchanter.

i didnt have time to quest dragonscales. if wasnt for the fact that i was given the black and green scales 7 months ago by turg, that yssilk gave me the white and that sok lead the group that killed silver dragon in tower i'd not have the spell. i dont have time to do fights like our current ass beating dragons, and i'm afraid i just wont be spending the time i takes to do a spell that eats up my only dscale slot atm.

please rethink this, it's not a feasible alternative to players with lives and/or arthritis. i wont be typing less, in fact i'll be techinically typing more.

not to mention the fact that at level 46 with..

< 401h/401H 148v/148V >

and

Saving Throws: PAR[0] ROD[0] PET[0] BRE[0] SPE[-5]

i cant do dragon type fights anyway....

oh well.

[This message has been edited by Teyaha (edited 04-23-2002).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are such a whiner. You don't even know what the quest is and your already complaining about it. As you said you didn't even do the dragonscale quest except people handing you the stuff, how do you know it won't happen again?

Geezus.. Gods go out of their way to give enchanters something and you kick them for it.

------------------
Gromikazer Terrorforge -Veldruk- Orbdrin D'oloth
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:59 am

How did someone with so little time to spare get all the way up to level 46?

------------------
-Yayaril
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Apr 24, 2002 5:03 pm

when i logged on i asked malacar and other chanters. malacar said it's just as hard as dragonscales. i dont have time (ANYMORE, yayaril, i had the time before but not ANYMORE) to do something as long and involved as doing a quest as hard as dragonscales would entail, and is why the scales were pretty much handed to me.

iyachtu told me later thta it's much easier than dscales. that's cool. i still dont have time to explore when i log on. i just log on to chat with my friends nowadays and on weekends i'm free to zone, however i've noticed there are fewer people on.

thanks for being an ass gromi and taking this thread off topic. you're not even a god damned enchanter. you hold true to your rep of 'knowing everything'

this still does NOT address the fact that we have too much to cast. you can NOT argue the fact that this game is the main reason i've developed arthritis, ass. this spell does not lessen how much i will have to type, but adds more.

that is not whining. it's voicing an opinion, or should i go through every fucking single one of your idea posts and call you a whiner? in fact, that's what i will do, you jerk.

[This message has been edited by Teyaha (edited 04-24-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Teyaha (edited 04-24-2002).]
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Apr 24, 2002 5:23 pm

Actually, I said I thought it would be as hard as dscales. Image

I was wrong! heh

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Apr 24, 2002 5:45 pm

hey mal, you dont have en email listed.

could you email me so we can talk about this quest? talaysen@earthlink.net

thanks a ton
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Apr 24, 2002 5:46 pm

I de-listed my email with some of the recent events on here. Will do.. Remove your email asap, Tey.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Apr 24, 2002 8:56 pm

If other people gave you the stuff you needed to do dragonscales, I'm sure if you wait long enough, you'll be handed the stuff for time stop as well. Then again, if you don't play much, what's the point of having this spell? If I couldn't play very much, I'd start a low level alt and just doodle around with that character when I logged on.

------------------
-Yayaril
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Apr 24, 2002 8:59 pm

actually the spell serves no purpose for me, as i wont be, for the upteenth time i've said this, typing any less.

i get a kick out of spelling up low levels when i'm on, something i cant do with a level 1 alt. used to have triggers set for that so folks could keep themselves spelled up while doing xp and i wouldnt have to type much, but not allowed to have those anymore.

and i dont want this handed to me if it dont require a dragon fight, i will do it myself if i feel it's worth 10 pages in a 5th spellbook.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:02 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yayaril:
<B>If other people gave you the stuff you needed to do dragonscales, I'm sure if you wait long enough, you'll be handed the stuff for time stop as well. Then again, if you don't play much, what's the point of having this spell? If I couldn't play very much, I'd start a low level alt and just doodle around with that character when I logged on.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that what you do anyway?!

Seriously though, please don't judge the quest or the spell before you find out what they are.

As for arthritis or carpal tunnel, if yer clever you *will* be able to reduce your typing dramatically (if you get the spell, talk to some people who are good at zmud).

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:06 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Teyaha:
<B>actually the spell serves no purpose for me, as i wont be, for the upteenth time i've said this, typing any less.

i get a kick out of spelling up low levels when i'm on, something i cant do with a level 1 alt. used to have triggers set for that so folks could keep themselves spelled up while doing xp and i wouldnt have to type much, but not allowed to have those anymore.

and i dont want this handed to me if it dont require a dragon fight, i will do it myself if i feel it's worth 10 pages in a 5th spellbook.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um... quest spells don't have to be scribed.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:57 pm

yer right ichy, brain fart here

no one knows where it starts yet though, hopefully this dont end up being another mindblank :P

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”