Cleric vs. Undead

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Deltin
Sojourner

Cleric vs. Undead

Postby Deltin » Thu Jun 27, 2002 2:40 am

recently I've need in zones with alot of undead, so naturally I used eradicate undead as far as I can tell it's only slightly better than full harm. Does this damage compare to the damage done by an invoker using a cold spell vs fire creature? It would seem the offensive abilities of a cleric vs. undead is greatly lacking. Clerics are typically undead killers, well good clerics anyway but I think you can see what I mean.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Thu Jun 27, 2002 2:49 am

Good aligned clerics currently provide undead with tanning alternatives.

------------------
-Daz "<^> (*¿*) <^>" Proudwolf
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Jun 27, 2002 6:07 am

Undead - 1
Clerics - 0

------------------
Kifle "It Slipped I swear!" ButteryFingers
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Thu Jun 27, 2002 12:11 pm

I've spent -a lot- of time getting my spellcast necromancy up to 89.. gave up trying to notch it from there since I'm not sure it effects damage.

Anyway, eradicate seems to do a marginally higher amount of damage than full harm. Its nothing special, but is noticable. Definately nothing close to the extra damage of fire against cold as you mentioned tho.
Zellin
Sojourner

Postby Zellin » Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:25 pm

Unless you are a lich and a mob casts it on you. Ouch!

------------------
Zellin group says 'I'm still here buddy =)'
Zellin has left the group.
Deltin
Sojourner

Postby Deltin » Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:01 pm

the ease at which demons shrug cleric spells is rather disappointing too, it clerics had better battle skills against the undead/demons it would give them some character depth that is sorely missing, and not make them so one dimentional
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:48 pm

yea gonna echo that,

my cleric has like 0 luck landing spells on big shruggers. My shaman seems to be marginally better.
Joth
Sojourner

Postby Joth » Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:05 pm

I made a number of post about eradicate and full harm damage, in the past. I also state that destory undead should be area effect, seems wierd, that out of the anti-undead not one is area effect. In addition, I also state in those post that clerics are basicly the nemesis of undead. In some case basicly after an invoker a cleric should do the most damage to undead mob types. It makes sense right P-)?

Nevertheless, I seriously doubt there will be changes made, so gotta live it with it.

------------------
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:25 pm

oh i see the problem, DOwngrade full harm so erradicate undead will be used more and seem more useful (nod me) Image

------------------
Mishri }-Sentinel-{ Shades of Twilight
Deltin
Sojourner

Postby Deltin » Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:04 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joth:
<B>I made a number of post about eradicate and full harm damage, in the past. I also state that destory undead should be area effect, seems wierd, that out of the anti-undead not one is area effect. In addition, I also state in those post that clerics are basicly the nemesis of undead. In some case basicly after an invoker a cleric should do the most damage to undead mob types. It makes sense right P-)?

Nevertheless, I seriously doubt there will be changes made, so gotta live it with it.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

guess I didn't see those messages, I tried to do a search before starting this thread (shrug) It would be nice to hear people say we need a cleric because of all the damange they do against undead/demons. I totally agree there should be an anti undead area spell, I guess holy word might be considered that, but having it in the same circle as full heal is really pretty worthless.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Jun 30, 2002 3:52 am

i remember some threads on clerics vs undead. I think most of them started out on a different upgrade cleric subject.

Full harm is not that weak. It just has a wide range, like rolling a 1d100 vs rolling 50d1. Every once in a while your gonna roll consecutive 3's heh.

The anti-undead line was really lack luster. Its undead specific, don't ya think that the spells could hit for respectable damage? and not respectable as in compared to full harm. I wanna see clerics begging to do CC for exp. I wanna see clerics doing undead exp.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”