Yuan-ti Lovin'

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Ensis
Sojourner

Yuan-ti Lovin\'

Postby Ensis » Tue Aug 27, 2002 5:25 pm

I'm a goodie, despite numerous attempts to be an evil, so you might think i have no place posting this.

Yuan-Ti's need a serious boost.

They have the most heinous hometown, they lose how many? 4 slots of gear?..

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Yuan-Ti Stats:
Although they are of genius intelligence and lightning fast, Yuan-ti are slightly weaker and less hardy than humans. They also tire more easily and, because of their anatomic design, are somewhat limited in what they can wear.
</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Living far beneath the surface, deep within the bowels of the Underdark, drow elves are a swift-moving, crafty,</font>

I'd venture to say genius intelligence and lightning fast would be AT LEAST 1 notch above swift moving and crafty.

Infravision, Scaleskin, and Vipermind are probably the only useful innates, since a warriors bash/sp and rogues trip is prolly better than tailsweep. I don't know the ins and outs of snakebite, but it seems like another ability that takes time out of a round.

I don't think its a very even trade, I bet all 3 of the playing Yuan's would agree :P. In the place where balance is key, the only benefit to play a yuan on the evil side is that they're the only evilrace that can play illusionists, and they have infravision(a debatable benefit).

------------------
Ensis Inferni
Bish Enterprises Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Copyright 1999 Fydollaho Productions.

[This message has been edited by Ensis (edited 08-27-2002).]
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:32 pm

If drow or duergar got infra i would be them
Wargo
Sojourner

Postby Wargo » Tue Aug 27, 2002 9:10 pm

Snake is the only way to go for an evil race cleric!

Yssilk
Rokub
Sojourner

Postby Rokub » Fri Aug 30, 2002 3:07 pm

Yuan-ti can be considered a hard race to play, the guildlines of the game say so, but experienced players have little trouble on hyssk, though I do think, it needs some tweaky here and there. There is still no reason why you can't handle hyssk and move on to dk and be a exp whore like the rest. There are more yuan-ti's around then you think, plenty are high 40+'s around.

Rokub, I even got a lvl 47 yuan-ti cleric! see they do exist!

------------------
Malacar says 'And Isma wonders why he is universally hated.'
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Fri Aug 30, 2002 4:33 pm

i dont think its about the island, i think its about the innates/ability scores...is where the problem is

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”