choosen

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Zoldren
Sojourner

choosen

Postby Zoldren » Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:07 pm

what about players becoming choosens/champions of certain gods?

could play well into the rp aspect ok thats the only aspect it would

but if someone always follows that god, spends his/her life devoted.. said god recognizes blah balh....

whut u thnk

------------------
Cap'n Touk

Ah the never ending good / evil debate has provided endless amusement for us all has it not? Both sides have a different mentality, evils appear to me as a closer nit group of people who expect a higher standard of play out of each other. Goodies are a broader group of people that cross group frequently and to me appear more easy going.
Deltin
Sojourner

Postby Deltin » Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:24 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zoldren:
<B>what about players becoming choosens/champions of certain gods?

could play well into the rp aspect ok thats the only aspect it would

but if someone always follows that god, spends his/her life devoted.. said god recognizes blah balh....

whut u thnk

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then what? Clerics would have to actually have holy symbols? sheesh would is the mud world coming to? heheheeh
While we are at it can I get my psilk redone into an ioun stone, I'm a cleric not a pirate.

------------------
So whad are we gonna do tonight Brain? Same thing we do everynight Pinky, TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:55 pm

w/holy symbol you could turn undead Image

------------------
Cap'n Touk

Ah the never ending good / evil debate has provided endless amusement for us all has it not? Both sides have a different mentality, evils appear to me as a closer nit group of people who expect a higher standard of play out of each other. Goodies are a broader group of people that cross group frequently and to me appear more easy going.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Sep 04, 2002 4:09 pm

Which is more than you can do with the spell, I hear.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:38 pm

Hi5 Ashiwi!

------------------
"Kill them all, God will know his own." -Domingo de Guzman, A.K.A Saint Dominic
Quinelain Dembrovia
Sojourner

Postby Quinelain Dembrovia » Thu Sep 05, 2002 12:27 am

This would rock. Then my roleplay of being a Knight of Iyachtu could actually MEAN something Image

emote spreads a little hatred and tyranny around to you all.

------------------
--------------------------
<B>Sir Quinelain Dembrovia
Servant of Iyachtu
Hater of all things Good.</B>
Rokub
Sojourner

Postby Rokub » Thu Sep 05, 2002 12:36 am

Gruumsh rp'ed with me some, and he did a ritual and smoked out one of my eyes, since he is one-eyed also. Rokub is one-eyed. It is part of being a follower of the great orc Gruumsh. It was neat, wish there was more to it, such as yall are proposeing.

Rokub

------------------
Malacar says 'And Isma wonders why he is universally hated.'
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Fri Sep 06, 2002 7:49 pm

This is already in game!

Im the chosen of Laduguer

/Disoputlip
Nikelon
Sojourner

Postby Nikelon » Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:35 pm

How about if ye could permanently designate a deity with a "dedicate (godname)". You could then sacrifice the corpse of something that _you_ killed and it would add points to a running total of "glorification points" between you and your god. Higher level corpses would give more points.

With the command "miracle", you could pray for a miracle to heal you with its strength dependent on how many points you have. Otherwise you could have certain miracles worth set point values and a player would "miracle (blessing) (target)". Make them weak, expensive, or make corpses give few points and it could be easily balanced.

An alternative option includes making each "miracle" command display a request on the gods' screens and whether or not they grant it or how long it takes them could illustrate how much you are/aren't in their favor (or what kind of mood they're in). This would probably be incredibly spammy, however, so I doubt this would quite work...

I'm sure it could be done so that it does not bungle the balance of the game as a whole, and it would add a nice dimension to RPing religion. It could, for example, be restricted to only allow drows to dedicate to Kiaransalee to maintain RP atmosphere.

I'm tired and this is last period at school...did that make sense?
-Nikelon/Dizhes

------------------
Nobody's perfect.
I'm nobody.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:57 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
Which is more than you can do with the spell, I hear.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

pwn3d.

------------------
Muma tells you 'schpank?'
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:26 pm

was a mud i used to play
you "bury" a big corpse and your god smiles on you and gives you bonuses and stuff like bigger heals, blesses blah blah

if you buryd a lower lvl corpse your god frowned on you and lowerd his/her favor...

you could also switch gods, but be totaly useless for a while, until you got good favor with your "new" god

Dartan tell ya more, he was a cleric wus Image

------------------
Cap'n Touk

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Sep 13, 2002 9:36 pm

Bah! You can just RP being a chosen of your God. The only Chosen in FR that get any special powers are the Chosen of Mystra...

Even Finder's high priest doesn't get much in the way of special treatment, and he saved Finder's Godhood! Image

Besides, what would the quests be to become chosen? Then how many people would solve the quest and be chosen? Just about everyone eventually.

------------------
Every problem in the universe can be solved by finding the right long-haired prettyboy and beating the crap out of him.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”