Dragon Breathe and Evasion

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Dizzin
Sojourner

Dragon Breathe and Evasion

Postby Dizzin » Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:21 pm

This came to me after spending some time in Muspelheim as my rogue, where the dragon's AI had it breathing every round over casting. What would be the possibility of having Evasion work on Dragon Breath? It would be fairly realistic as rogues jump to get outta the way of a breath etc. even moreso than spells really. Personally I dont think it would be terribly unbalancing either since evasion takes forever to notch (unless you twinked it with necro pets early in the wipe), and even at high skill it wouldn't reduce damage an extreme amount.

It's just an idea. And before the rangers start whining about it, I suppose it would make sense to add the same type of leveller to Nature's Blessing since both classes have the same dilemma of wearing hit/dam eq over hp eq.

-Tre'Verien
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sun Oct 13, 2002 12:01 am

Frankly, the whole saving throw system on Sojourn3 needs a revamp in the direction of DnD third edition. Consolidate the saves into three areas: reflex, will, and fortitude. That way, players can use logic when figuring out what saving throw to use during each situation. Then evasion can just affect saving throws versus reflex, like it does in third edition.

------------------
-Yayaril
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Oct 13, 2002 12:28 am

i still don't get how a dragon can bash everything around him EVERY round. I wouldn't mind seeing an evasion save like what yayaril pointed out. We should have more saves so we can have more varieties of eq. Every new eq is just hp or something redone over and over.

------------------
[Erevan] Our elite team of gods will be watching for equip campers.... beware...
Erevan OOC: 'One god is specifically assigned to Dartan :P'
Kiaransalee OOC: 'rangers suck'
Iyachtu OOC: 'and a lovely nite it is :)'

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”