fireball

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Vazzgo
Sojourner

fireball

Postby Vazzgo » Sun Nov 17, 2002 9:24 pm

Could this spell be moved to spellcast elemental? makes more sense and would help a bit more to the elementalist class..
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:56 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vazzgo:
Could this spell be moved to spellcast elemental? makes more sense and would help a bit more to the elementalist class..</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

doesnt make sense to me.... maybe you could explain your thoughts about it... as is i would disagree

------------------
MoM-D
Vazzgo
Sojourner

Postby Vazzgo » Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:12 pm

Its actually a very minor change, woulnt help elementalists alot really.. just would let them improve their damage a bit.

Basically its because fireball should be an elemental attack imo.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:20 pm

my question is why you think it should be elementalist?

and high lvl elementalist do A LOT of damage.....

------------------
MoM-D
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:24 pm

and so do invokers at high level, what was your point?

I do think fireball should remain as an invocation spell, it is not elemental based, you call power from the positive material plane to invoke the spell, not elemental magic by any means.

------------------
Ilshad

"Your accomplishment is nothing compared to the glory that is Ilshadrial!!" Yayaril
Eilorn
Sojourner

Postby Eilorn » Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:03 pm

Fireball is in the elementalist fourth circle... the first three have:
earth darts (earth)
ice spear (water)
air blast (air)

So... fireball being an elemental spell is not out of the question. Maybe make it a different spell (fire blast/arrow/lance?) so that it could be an elemental spell.

Eilorn.

------------------
Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually there's just the hard way.
-- Buffy, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

[This message has been edited by Eilorn (edited 11-18-2002).]
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:57 pm

my point was he said it didnt do enough damage, i was pointing out he does at higher lvls

and one of my questions is.. if its moved to elementalist wouldnt he actualy loose damage? ie if its invocation it does more no matter who casts it?

and according to fr, isnt fireball a third circle evocation spell...

------------------
MoM-D
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:45 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zoldren:
<B>and according to fr, isnt fireball a third circle evocation spell...
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and to fill in the bank for those who haven't realized what you're getting at, "Invoker" stands for a mage who specializes in invocation/evocation.

------------------
Xisiqomelir OOC: 'Human girls are for eating '
Chandigar group-says 'FS: Full body armor, ac5, -5 hit -5 dam, prot mori'
Nekler group-says 'do NOT rescue mori. he is to die this trip :P'
Risaros
Sojourner

Postby Risaros » Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:30 pm

Isnt that elementalist class based on Earth Dawn? Ive never seen anything about them in D&D, althought that would make a kick ass prestige class.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:33 pm

the 4 elementals are earth air fire water i cant see why FIRE ball cant be and elemental spell
Risaros
Sojourner

Postby Risaros » Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:34 pm

Why not just give them there own fire based spell? Didnt they do that with earth darts?
Iktar
Sojourner

Postby Iktar » Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:49 pm

turning fireball spell into elemental really isn't going to make that much difference. at lower lvls when you cast it often its not going to make much differnce in damage coz your skill isn't dat good in elemental or spec elemental. at higher lvls, we rarely cast fb becoz we got better offensive spells.

and there is firewave, and lava burst which is fire based later on.

honestly, i'd rather have fb invocation so i can practice it :P trying to master invocation with cone of cold only would suck!!!
Gromikazer
Sojourner

Postby Gromikazer » Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:13 am

Actually there is a elementalist class described and lined out in the "Tome of Magic" It lists all the old spells that fall under the category of elementalist spells as well as new ones. Guess what 99.9% of all the spells that involved the words: earth, air, water, or fire fell into that category. The problem is there are no DUAL-specialization spells. From what I've heard its not that easy to just redesign how all the spells are set up. I can see it both ways, the main problem is it shouldn't be either/or.

Aganazeers scorcher
Fire blast
Flaming sphere
Fire burst
Flame Arrow

etc. could be new names for the same spell, elementalist type. It's not a huge deal, elementalists aren't lacking in high levels, or low levels. Its the midlevels that are really annoying.

------------------
Gromikazer Terrorforge -Veldruk- Orbdrin D'oloth

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”