best (most fun) pieces of code

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
silvea
Sojourner

best (most fun) pieces of code

Postby silvea » Wed May 23, 2001 9:39 am

This thread is to mention what you find the best pieces of code, or the best described room, most style or whatever.....

I wanne know who finds what cool here Image And prob if I can look at thoes pieces of code to Image I'll give it a start:

The new zone at BGR, in the castle is a bathroom with an extra. I find this very cool made and funny, nice surprice (and who knows that zone knows what I mean *wink*).

Almile
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed May 23, 2001 10:48 am

I like garrote, but mostly because they used my idea.

Yayaril
Ssarra
Sojourner

Postby Ssarra » Wed May 23, 2001 12:06 pm

You hop around on one foot.

You should update this so that for snakes, it says:
You hop around on your tail.

Ssarra - The 2 1/2 legged snake -
Abue
Sojourner

Postby Abue » Wed May 23, 2001 12:20 pm

I always thought that Malice was a nice piece of work. I just love the idea of a mob that the real fight begins once you have killed it.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Wed May 23, 2001 12:45 pm

Innate Darkness
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed May 23, 2001 1:28 pm

Silvea, yes, the guy in the SSC zone is hillarious. Scared the crap out of me too :P
The mobs in that zone have some great socials too.

Personally I really like mobs with cool socials or that taunt you when you're attacking them. Kinda like the dangerous rogues in south WD (You will DIE for intruding my home!) hehehe.. those are fun to rip off and use.. just ask Nokie Image

[This message has been edited by rylan (edited 05-23-2001).]
Xyd
Sojourner

Postby Xyd » Wed May 23, 2001 1:42 pm

Best Mob: Malice (agree Abue). Runner-up: Lord P just because he has personality and is always so busy.

Best Zone: Elemental Glades on EM. It's just full of style, has an interesting layout, the towers are fun, and the ethereal tower is just too cool. It just needs to be reworked (wtf is up with the fire sprites assisting _everything_?). Runner-up: Faerie Forest on EM. Again, tons o' style, Finn gets many style points, Anna's cottage is just neat, and chaco is a great surprise for an unsuspecting traveler (look room!).
Best Social: stomp :-)

.xyd
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed May 23, 2001 2:05 pm

Amen Xyd, love the glades. Although I NEVER finished the quest.. could never find the last plaque Image

I like all the recent ranger skills.. forage, woodcarving, speak with plants, tame.. but track especially. So much fun to play around with Image

My favorite zone is the first half of Tarsellian Forest. I love it. Diverse mobs, some secrets, some rareloads, awesome equipment. Can't wait to start doing it again Image

- Ragorn
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Wed May 23, 2001 2:41 pm

The eth tower quest is fun, but the rewards were kind of disappointing, but great fun for an elf or two that are bored and need something to do for a few hours. Most stylish zone? hands down Skerttd-Gul for me...the color, the atmosphere, and hell its underwater.
Belle
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Wed May 23, 2001 3:10 pm

innate fireshield for squids :P
Yadir
Sojourner

Postby Yadir » Wed May 23, 2001 4:05 pm

The Gladiator. If you don't know don't worry. You'll understand when you meet him. Image
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed May 23, 2001 8:48 pm

I hate that gladiator! Here's a nice big raspberry for whomever designed him! pbbbt!

Yayaril
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Wed May 23, 2001 9:11 pm

I love Calimport =)
Arrtiliss
Sojourner

Postby Arrtiliss » Wed May 23, 2001 10:09 pm

The Gladiator,

con gladiator
gladiator sends you sprawling!
wtf

RIP

The HELL!
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Thu May 24, 2001 4:12 pm

Best Code:
shieldblock/shieldpunch
split of sorcs to enchanter/invoker

Worst Code:
justice

Best Zone:
Bloodstone and Ice crag (mobs are very interactive)

------------------
Gindipple (Gnome) stands here.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu May 24, 2001 6:00 pm

Best code: Hands down shieldblock/shieldpunch

Worst Code: Justice and mounted combat(sorry, it just takes too much away from warriors, don't bother to flame, I did my homework on the downfalls of it etc)

Now simply speaking for Evermeet...

Best Zone: Elder Forest. The low level quests, and wide variety make it popular... Too popular.

Worst Zone: Faerie Forest. Sorry, it simply reeks of unfinished, and really doesn't fit in with the FR theme. It's a nice zone, but quests are broken, items missing, mobs too hard for their con, etc, etc, etc.

------------------
Malacar - French kissin midgets, and damn proud of it. Oh yeah... My comments can offend you now, I don't care anymore. Have a day.
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Fri May 25, 2001 5:25 am

Malacar, without warriors, groups are gonna be FUBAR'd... as an enchanter, I sure as *hell* don't trust those paladins (and I've grouped with them) to keep the mobs off me.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri May 25, 2001 1:58 pm

I've grouped with both. I don't really see the difference. Maybe in mission critical groups, but in the meantime, it's like a carbon copy that can heal himself.

Yeah, sure, they get knocked off their horses.. But their rescues are pretty much on par at this point.

------------------
Malacar - French kissin midgets, and damn proud of it. Oh yeah... My comments can offend you now, I don't care anymore. Have a day.
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Sat May 26, 2001 7:52 am

A warrior in his mid-20s with a decent weight shield simply stops the mob from doing anything, period.

Mounted combat doesn't really have that ability, at least nothing anywhere near as reliable as of yet.

Rescue is *not* where it's at. Preventing the mob from switching in the first place, *that* is something.

[This message has been edited by Kiloppile (edited 05-26-2001).]
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Sat May 26, 2001 8:53 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kiloppile:
<B>Rescue is *not* where it's at. Preventing the mob from switching in the first place, *that* is something.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Considering the most popular zones on the mud all have !bash opponents, I'd value rescue FAR ahead of bash for that purpose.

/Jegzed
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Sun May 27, 2001 5:56 pm

Then you're also going to need shieldpunch. Rescue is for when you screw up on those interrupter abilities.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Sun May 27, 2001 9:05 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kiloppile:
Then you're also going to need shieldpunch. Rescue is for when you screw up on those interrupter abilities.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh? You ever done jot or scorps? Image

/Jegzed
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Mon May 28, 2001 6:07 pm

Yes I've done Jot, not scorps.

And without shieldpunching the casting mobs in Jot, it's over.

But that's also a situation with 6+ mobs beating on you... which isn't really what people are complaining about.

But really, if you can't stop casters/warriors (at least ONE) from switching or casting... you're not gonna do very well.

Does Cherzra spend his time rescuing you constantly? Or does he keep the mob busy?
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Mon May 28, 2001 6:29 pm

Two other things I'll mention about mounted combat:

When was the last time you saw a cleric full heal a paladin horse?
How well do you think horses withstand clouds, acid storms, and the like?

Mounted combat does help antis and paladins tank almost as well as a warrior (as was the intent as stated by Uthgar) but it's still not as reliable for a variety of reasons (and for the record, I've seen ranger dual wielding bashes from Belleshel succeed more often than my charges while mounted). I do think flank block occurence at low levels of the skill might be happening too frequently though. I'll have to take some logs and run them through a program to count them up later.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”