A more player friendly Sojourn 3?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Mikar
Sojourner

A more player friendly Sojourn 3?

Postby Mikar » Mon Feb 26, 2001 11:06 pm

Well, I may piss off some of the hard-working Staff, but I do have a complaint and think alot of others might be thinking the same thing, so here goes. . .

I read several hundred posts over on the Egroups message board (before it switched to Yahoo) about how Sojourn was returning and the main theme of the mud would be player friendliness and helpfulness. . .

So Sojourn 3 staff. . .

How about being a little more friendly with the updates and status of where the mud is at and what are the expectations for when it might open?

I know you are hard at work at building a better Sojourn and trying to get it open during the first quarter of 2001, but you are not exactly getting off to the right foot by leaving your player base out in the dark. . .

I understand you don't want to set a date and then not be able to meet it. But I am not sure that is any worse than the lack of news we have been getting.

In the player friendly spirit, I am sure you could find some trusting soul from your player base who could be responsible for providing this board with updates without giving away too many gory details and surprises.

Everybody would be happy with hearing at least SOMETHING on the progress of Sojourn 3.

My two cents,

-Bob
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Feb 26, 2001 11:20 pm

You are completely right, and I do apologize for the lack of updates lately.

However, this is crunch time for the Soj3 staff, we are all so busy trying to make our as-yet-unannounced date that we haven't had a whole lot of time for making updates.

I will however put some time aside tonight and post some news of upcoming code features that should whet your appetite for a little while! Image

-- Shevy
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Mon Feb 26, 2001 11:28 pm

Wohoo! Update.People are gona hold you to that Shevy
Turos
Sojourner

Postby Turos » Mon Feb 26, 2001 11:40 pm

Woo! Update! Update!
Zuurn Shatter Skull
Sojourner

Postby Zuurn Shatter Skull » Tue Feb 27, 2001 12:12 am

w00t!!! Updates!! Gotta love em!

Image Image

-Z
Harthorm
Sojourner

Postby Harthorm » Tue Feb 27, 2001 1:28 am

Hehe, I don't really need an update to keep me happy (although I wouldn't refuse one, and I'm looking forward to it Image). This is typical developer behaviour and isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Just remember when a much anticipated game was about to be released and their boards/forums/newsgroups would suddenly go silent? They're hard at work pressing for release! It's like the 12 days of Christmas! Yay. So exciting Image *bounce*

Harthorm/Twiblin
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Tue Feb 27, 2001 8:25 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mikar:
<B>How about being a little more friendly with the updates and status of where the mud is at and what are the expectations for when it might open?

(...) but you are not exactly getting off to the right foot by leaving your player base out in the dark. . .
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't it enough to know they are working on it? I couldn't care less for news because it takes a long time to write down what is changing, then 3 days later it might be changed again, etcetera. I'd never have the balls to say it is unfriendly either :p

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”