Super Duper AutoRoller Script

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
Jaerin
Sojourner

Super Duper AutoRoller Script

Postby Jaerin » Fri Mar 30, 2001 12:50 pm

Okay I took some time and made this rockin autoroller script. I tested it out and it works great. It's pretty comprehensive and even has a configuration script so it will be setup for what your looking for. Here's the deal, copy and paste the script to a text file. Import the file as a script. Then type rollsetup to configure the script. It will ask you the minimum values that you want for each stat and then how many of those stats need to match to stop rolling. I put an echo of instructions so you know the values that it's looking for. This should work on the freeware version also, but I'm not sure as I only have 6.16 installed. Hope you enjoy the script! Any comments please email me at joreallean@yahoo.com.

***MADE A SMALL CHANGE TO ACCOMIDATE THE BOARD REFORMATING THE SCRIPT***

Here's the script:

#ALIAS rollsetup {str = 0;dex = 0;agi = 0;con = 0;pow = 0;int = 0;wis = 0;cha = 0;total = 0;#clr;#echo {This is an autoroller for Sojourn 3 MUD.};#echo {Written By: Jaerin};#echo {};#echo {You will be prompted for the minimum values of each statistic};#echo {please enter the number coorisponding to the minimum of each};#echo {statistic. Lastly, you will be asked how many of the statistics};#echo {must be equal to or greater than your minimum to stop the roller.};#echo {Please include don't cares in your final total.};#echo {The values of each catigory is as follows:};#echo {don't care = 0, bad = 1, mundane = 2, average = 3, fair = 4,};#echo {good = 5, mighty = 6, heroic = 7, perfect = 8};#wait 5000;#prompt strmin {Please enter the minimum Strength:};#prompt dexmin {Please enter the minimum Dexterity:};#prompt agimin {Please enter the minimum Agility:};#prompt conmin {Please enter the minimum Constitution:};#prompt powmin {Please enter the minimum Power:};#prompt intmin {Please enter the minimum Intelligence:};#prompt wismin {Please enter the minimum Wisdom:};#prompt chamin {Please enter the minimum Charisma:};#prompt totalmin {Please enter the minimum number of statistics that must be matched to stop the roller:};#trigger {Do you want to reroll this} {total = 0;#if (@str >= @strmin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@dex >= @dexmin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@agi >= @agimin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@con >= @conmin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@pow >= @powmin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@int >= @intmin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@wis >= @wismin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@cha >= @chamin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@total < @totalmin) {y}} "" {nocr|prompt}}
#TRIGGER {Strength:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {@str = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {@str = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {@str = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {@str = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {@str = 5};#if ("mighty" =~ "%1") {@str = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {@str = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {@str = 8}}
#TRIGGER {Constitution:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {@con = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {@con = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {@con = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {@con = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {@con = 5};#if ("mighty" =~ "%1") {@con = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {@con = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {@con = 8}}
#TRIGGER {Dexterity:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {@dex = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {@dex = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {@dex = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {@dex = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {@dex = 5};#if ("mighty" =~ "%1") {@dex = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {@dex = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {@dex = 8}}
#TRIGGER {Agility:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {@agi = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {@agi = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {@agi = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {@agi = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {@agi = 5};#if ("mighty" =~ "%1") {@agi = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {@agi = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {@agi = 8}}
#TRIGGER {Intelligence:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {@int = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {@int = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {@int = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {@int = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {@int = 5};#if ("mighty" =~ "%1") {@int = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {@int = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {@int = 8}}
#TRIGGER {Wisdom:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {@wis = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {@wis = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {@wis = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {@wis = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {@wis = 5};#if ("mighty" =~ "%1") {@wis = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {@wis = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {@wis = 8}}
#TRIGGER {Power:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {@pow = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {@pow = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {@pow = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {@pow = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {@pow = 5};#if ("mighty" =~ "%1") {@pow = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {@pow = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {@pow = 8}}
#TRIGGER {Charisma:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {@cha = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {@cha = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {@cha = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {@cha = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {@cha = 5};#if ("mighty" =~ "%1") {@cha = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {@cha = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {@cha = 8}}
#STAT {Total: @total/@totalmin Str: @str/@strmin Dex: @dex/@dexmin Agi: @agi/@agimin Con: @con/@conmin Pow: @pow/@powmin Int: @int/@intmin Wis: @wis/@wismin Cha: @cha/@chamin}

[This message has been edited by Jaerin (edited 03-30-2001).]
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Fri Mar 30, 2001 12:59 pm

If this works tonight, I'll be your personal bitch.

Thanks for posting it and not bogarting it.

azz
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Sun Apr 01, 2001 8:33 pm

I can't get it to work. It will kinda work for the first set of stats, but then won't continue to roll. Image
namatoki
Sojourner

Postby namatoki » Sun Apr 01, 2001 8:50 pm

Lyt, I think I might know what is happening. Make sure that after you input your minimum stats that you input 8 for number of stats required for roller to stop. I'm not sure why that was put in, but I would imagine that everyone would want all the stats to match what they want. Hope that makes sense...

Nizrath
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Sun Apr 01, 2001 8:55 pm

Simple fix for that Lyt, After you enter all them triggers you'll need to go in and change the settings on the ones that wait like a prompt for entry. Change them from trigger on newline to trigger on prompt.

I didn't try the trigger above so this is just an attempt for ya.

I plan on writing one myself soon, but really hadn't planned on it until I realized that I was gonna absolutey need STR above avg inorder to carry my rafts. Image

Auto rollers are typically a lot of triggers and not usually customizable, I may post mine after I get it done.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Apr 01, 2001 9:55 pm

I'm super-duper impressed jaerin

Corth
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Mon Apr 02, 2001 12:55 am

I got it finally!!!

I had to make some changes to where it calculates the value associated with each of the attributes.!! Cool auto-roller bro!

Lyt
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Mon Apr 02, 2001 1:58 am

What were the changes? I still cant get it to work. I get the scripts to enter my stats, but it doesnt auto roll.

I connect, select race/class, then run rollsetup, hit enter..and it just stays there.

thx
Dakrish
Sojourner

Postby Dakrish » Mon Apr 02, 2001 3:18 am

The problem I am encountering is this: I execute everything that it says (import as a script and ran rollsetup). It works great, I enter in everything up to con, then when it comes to power the box that comes up for me to enter in a value doesn't say "Please enter the minimum Power" it just says "{Please" and when i go to enter a value it doesn't show the number, but an asterisk (can't spell) one of thse things "*". Any idea what is wrong? it could just be my old 4.56 version of zmud Image
I've also dinked around with editing the vars my hand, and then I can get the status bar to what i want it..but i just can't get the roller to roll! Image Any ideas? Image

laterz
me
Calinth
Sojourner

Postby Calinth » Mon Apr 02, 2001 4:07 am

There were a couple of changes I had to make to get this one to work (I use 4.62 btw). One, the same problem Dakrish is having, I had to break the startup alias into 3 parts, I guess cause just one alias was too much data, I dunno if that was right, but it fixed it.

Second, the triggers that captured the stats from the mud, ie the :
#TRIGGER {Constitution:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {@con = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {@con = 2} etc.. I had to change all of the @con = 1 to con = 1 and so on to get it to work.

Calinth
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Apr 02, 2001 5:57 am

I just wonder why you would share something like an autoroller Image YOU wrote it, YOU should have the advantage of it... I wouldn't want everyone and their mom making use of it to get nice characters as well Image Heck I wrote one, and seeing another here angers me.

Cherzra the obfuscated
Tinnel
Sojourner

Postby Tinnel » Mon Apr 02, 2001 7:12 am

Would you rather rely on someone who used one or didn't use one in your group?

"I" earned full heal, hell no you can't have one. For that matter why do clerics get ress? You can't use it on yourself. :P. Someone was bound to post one Cherzra they're just sharing the wealth. Personally I like the outlook of helpful giving people.

T

[This message has been edited by Tinnel (edited 04-02-2001).]
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Apr 02, 2001 7:39 am

You'll get over it.
Jaerin
Sojourner

Postby Jaerin » Mon Apr 02, 2001 10:23 am

I think most of the issues were small syntax changes in the old 4.62 version to the 6.16 version. It was written for the 6.16 version and should work out of the box with that.

The reason I put the number of matching to stop on was so that you could see potentially good sets of attributes while still having an overall goal. Especially since the it takes much longer to roll a good character now.

Why would I share it? Because I'm a good hearted individual who doesn't feel that there is much of an advantage to using one. Someone could sit and roll manually for hours and hours on end and still get a better character than what this could output. This just makes it easier and less tedious. So feel free to write your own, in fact I encourage it! Use it if you want, or don't, I just put it out there for anyone to use.

Jaerin
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Mon Apr 02, 2001 10:31 am

Here is how I changed it to get it to work for Zmud 4.62. As stated before, thanging @con = 1 to just con = 1 was the major part. Another thing was that the trigger for checking the math and then forcing the reroll wasnt working for me. It loads disabled, and you need to go into the trigger options and click the button to make it run on prompt, as well as the trigger on trigger box. (At least I had to check these 2 boxes.) Here is my modified version for 4.62

#ALIAS rollsetup {str = 0;dex = 0;agi = 0;con = 0;pow = 0;int = 0;wis = 0;cha = 0;total = 0;}
#clr;
#echo {This is an autoroller for Sojourn 3 MUD.};
#echo {Written By: Jaerin};
#echo {};
#echo {You will be prompted for the minimum values of each statistic};
#echo {please enter the number coorisponding to the minimum of each};
#echo {statistic. Lastly, you will be asked how many of the statistics};
#echo {must be equal to or greater than your minimum to stop the roller.};
#echo {Please include don't cares in your final total.};
#echo {The values of each catigory is as follows:};
#echo {don't care = 0, bad = 1, mundane = 2, average = 3, fair = 4,};
#echo {good = 5, mighty = 6, heroic = 7, perfect = 8};
#wait 5000;
#prompt strmin {Please enter the minimum Strength:};
#prompt dexmin {Please enter the minimum Dexterity:};
#prompt agimin {Please enter the minimum Agility:};
#prompt conmin {Please enter the minimum Constitution:};
#prompt powmin {Please enter the minimum Power:};
#prompt intmin {Please enter the minimum Intelligence:};
#prompt wismin {Please enter the minimum Wisdom:};
#prompt chamin {Please enter the minimum Charisma:};
#prompt totalmin {Please enter the min. number of statistics that must be matched to stop the roller:};
#trigger {Do you want to reroll this} {total = 0;#if (@str >= @strmin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@dex >= @dexmin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@agi >= @agimin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@con >= @conmin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@pow >= @powmin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@int >= @intmin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@wis >= @wismin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@cha >= @chamin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@total < @totalmin) {y}} "" {nocr|prompt}}
#TRIGGER {Strength:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {str = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {str = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {str = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {str = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {str = 5};#if ("mighty" =~"%1") {str = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {str = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {str = 8}}
#TRIGGER {Constitution:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {con = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {con = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {con = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {con = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {con = 5};#if ("mighty" =~ "%1") {con = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {con = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {con = 8}}
#TRIGGER {Dexterity:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {dex = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {dex = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {dex = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {dex = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {dex = 5};#if ("mighty" =~ "%1") {dex = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {dex = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {dex = 8}}
#TRIGGER {Agility:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {agi = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {agi = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {agi = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {agi = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {agi = 5};#if ("mighty" =~ "%1"){agi = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {agi = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {agi = 8}}
#TRIGGER {Intelligence:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {int = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {int = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {int = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {int = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {int = 5};#if ("mighty" =~"%1") {int = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {int = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {int = 8}}
#TRIGGER {Wisdom:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {wis = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {wis = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {wis = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {wis = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {wis = 5};#if ("mighty" =~ "%1") {wis = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {wis = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {wis = 8}}
#TRIGGER {Power:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {pow = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {pow = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {pow = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {pow = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {pow = 5};#if ("mighty" =~ "%1") {pow = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {pow = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {pow = 8}}
#TRIGGER {Charisma:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {cha = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {cha = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {cha = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {cha = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {cha = 5};#if ("mighty" =~ "%1") {cha = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {cha = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {cha = 8}}
#STAT {Total: @total/@totalmin Str: @str/@strmin Dex: @dex/@dexmin Agi: @agi/@agimin Con: @con/@conmin Pow: @pow/@powmin Int: @int/@intmin Wis: @wis/@wismin Cha: @cha/@chamin}
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Mon Apr 02, 2001 10:33 am

PS...

I cut and pasted the original into notepad. What I then had to do to get it to work was to put all of the commands which started with the '#' on a line by themselves, and then place all of the parts on later lines on that same line with the start of that command. It made for some long lines, but if I tried to import it as it was originally posted I got some goofy error messages when it would ask for values for the stats. Hope this helps.

Lyt
Jaerin
Sojourner

Postby Jaerin » Mon Apr 02, 2001 10:41 am

The @con = 1 or whatever was something that zmud outputted when I exported the settings. Because I had them written as just con = 1 in my script. That's wierd.

Jaerin

BTW Thanks for porting the script back to 4.62. Also even if you only use the 4.62 version of Zmud I highly recommend that you register and support Zugg in his efforts to make an even better mud client!

[This message has been edited by Jaerin (edited 04-02-2001).]
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Mon Apr 02, 2001 11:19 am

Thanks all.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Mon Apr 02, 2001 5:31 pm

ok, im a zmud idot, explain how the heck I use this/ implement it step by step Image
sloowww is me
Klosh
Sojourner

Postby Klosh » Mon Apr 02, 2001 6:29 pm

yeah, I'm with Zoldren on that one

Klosh the Zumd moran
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Mon Apr 02, 2001 8:31 pm

I've tried both of these autorollers on the latest version (6.16 or something) of zmud and when i use the original all i get is a garbled bunch of triggers on the screen. If i import the second (lyts revision) I am automatically thrown into the area where I choose the minimum values for each stat, then the minimum # of stats to match. After that, it seems to check all the stats properly execpt for str and int (judging by what I see at the bottom of the zmud screen). Also, I see two {#if outputted onto the screen, which cause the soj3 roller to go to the next set of stats. I tried using a ridiculously low minimum for all the stats except for one to see if it was actually working and that didnt help. its just putting out {#if and moving on. sigh.

Izzy
Jaerin
Sojourner

Postby Jaerin » Mon Apr 02, 2001 10:20 pm

Okay here it goes. I can't test the 4.62 one so Lyt will have to tell you how to do that one. But for mine all you need to do is the following:

***You might want to type #KILLALL at your command line in zmud to kill all other aliases and triggers so there aren't any conflicts. THIS WILL DELETE ALL YOUR CURRENT ALIASES, TRIGGERS, ECT.***

1. Copy everything from #ALIAS to the blank line before the message about me editting the message.
2. Paste this test into a text file and save it somewhere.
3. Open Zmud 6.16
4. Highlight the icon for Sojourn MUD and push the Offline button.
5. Go to Settings -> Import -> Script (ASCII)
6. Browse to the text file that you saved
7. Click open (This will import the various triggers and alias)
8. Type rollsetup in the command line of Zmud
9. Read the message for instructions on how to setup the roller.

That's about it.

Jaerin

PS I tested it again this morning
Klosh
Sojourner

Postby Klosh » Tue Apr 03, 2001 1:12 pm

If someone could please give me the steps to use the 4.62 one I'd love them forever.

Thanks,
Klosh
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Tue Apr 03, 2001 5:00 pm

I found some math on the web that may apply here, it's about picking an optimal wife, but it should carry over nicely to picking optimal stats for a char Image

Hrmm link wasn't clickable, trying with caps.
http://www.seanet.com/~ksbrown/kmath018.htm
ok now I got it, url not html
------------------
Gindipple (Gnome) stands here.

[This message has been edited by Gindipple (edited 04-03-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Gindipple (edited 04-04-2001).]
Tinnel
Sojourner

Postby Tinnel » Tue Apr 03, 2001 10:36 pm

I put this directly into 6.16 and it worked perfectly. KUDOS Jaeron. The rest of you, quit buying beer for a week and upgrade. Image

T
Jaerin
Sojourner

Postby Jaerin » Wed Apr 04, 2001 10:07 am

Just as a small correction. I'm not Jaeron. That is someone else. I've been using this name for a long time and it just happens to be really close to someone else. Oh well.

Jaerin
Tinnel
Sojourner

Postby Tinnel » Wed Apr 04, 2001 8:31 pm

Sorry Image

T
Jaeron
Sojourner

Postby Jaeron » Mon Apr 09, 2001 12:39 pm

Don't worry bout it.. Image
I still remember all the similar names.. Jaerom, Daeron, Jaerod, Jaron.. those are actual Ex-Soj players. It never bothered me.

------------------
Jaeron -Shadowstalker, Merc for Hire, at your service.
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Thu Apr 12, 2001 4:41 am

Hmmm . . . I can't get it to work in zmud 5.55. Probably due to a syntax error somewhere since the variables are incrementing correctly. Specifically, it doesn't send a command to reroll to the mud, which makes me wonder a bit about this line

#if (@total < @totalmin) {y}} "" {nocr|prompt}}

I'm not too familiar with ZMud scripting (The helpfiles on it in 5.55 are subpar IMO, but then again I'm used to my comp sci lecture notes and textbook Image) but should there be a second bracket to the right of the 'y'? For that matter, I'm curious as to what the "" and nocr do. The rest I can trace through pretty easily.
Jaerin
Sojourner

Postby Jaerin » Thu Apr 12, 2001 1:16 pm

This line may or may not work in 5.55.

#if (@total < @totalmin) {y} "" {nocr|prompt}}

Basically this is the syntax in 6.16 to do an if statement that checks if total is less than totalmin and if so sends a y command. The "" says that it's not part of any class and the {nocr|prompt} says that it should trigger on prompt not on a newline. So to create it manually you would setup the trigger with a command of #if (@total < @totalmin) {y} and then set the check boxes to trigger on prompt but not a new line.

Jaerin

[This message has been edited by Jaerin (edited 04-12-2001).]
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Wed May 09, 2001 2:39 am

for the record dude - im mostly a mud-master user, however - this script looks really cool. one day im gonna have to sit and learn how to write these spiffy things, until then i want to thank you and everyone who posted for being cool enough to show me whats doing. i realize its your work, but i have no intention of pawning it off as my own, just seeing code come to life is magic in my eyes. thanks

-dazok proudwolf
-kwirl karphys
JrtheFreak
Sojourner

Postby JrtheFreak » Wed May 09, 2001 11:01 am

I couldn't get the Total part working. Totalmin shows up on the bar, but the total Variable is always zero. So it isn't adding them up for some reason. But I got around it another way. How would you add a 'ding' sound when the roller entered a 'n' when it found keepable stats?

Thanks
-Rarsyd, Rhanir, Rynuk, Krandor
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Wed May 09, 2001 11:23 am

#beep 0
Lilareow
Sojourner

Postby Lilareow » Wed May 09, 2001 9:58 pm

I use 5.55, mine works perfectly, no syntax errors or anything... Wonder what I'm doing differently? Maybe it has do to with how the resolution is set, I.E. the formatting of the alias when you type it in? (I know it shouldnt matter, but its just an idea...)
-Lilareow
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Thu May 10, 2001 7:31 pm

You can also have zmud play a .wav file when it has found something. You might miss a little beep if you are watching tv or taking a leak, a nice long loud wav works well.
syntax:
#play filename.wav

where filename.wav is in you zmud directory

Rausrh licks you.
Astansus
Sojourner

Postby Astansus » Thu May 17, 2001 8:37 am

How about you make one for tintin so I can have a lvl 1 character with good stats that I never play. I need good stats to talk. Even when I don't play bad stats get to me! I just want str/dex/agi at mighty and con at heroic

Cheers
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Thu May 17, 2001 8:59 am

Jenera's boyfriend here.. I messed around with the script that Lyt put out because it didnt set up the alias quite right (would have to reimport the file every time). Anyhow the following is for 4.62. To use import it, enable the trigger that starts with "Do you want to reroll" and under options, click the 2 check boxes for "When Loaded: Enable" and "Trigger on: Prompt".
Then before connecting, type rollsetup in the prompt bar and set your desired stats. Lastly connect to the server, make a new character and select race and class. It should begin autorolling

#ALIAS rollsetup {rollsetupinstructions;str = 0;dex = 0;agi = 0;con = 0;pow = 0;int = 0;wis = 0;cha = 0;total = 0;#prompt strmin {Please enter the minimum Strength:};#prompt dexmin {Please enter the minimum Dexterity:};#prompt agimin {Please enter the minimum Agility:};#prompt conmin {Please enter the minimum Constitution:};#prompt powmin {Please enter the minimum Power:};#prompt intmin {Please enter the minimum Intelligence:};#prompt wismin {Please enter the minimum Wisdom:};#prompt chamin {Please enter the minimum Charisma:};#prompt totalmin {Please enter the min. number of statistics that must be matched to stop the roller:}}
#ALIAS rollsetupinstructions {#clr;#echo {This is an autoroller for Sojourn 3 MUD.};#echo {Written By: Jaerin};#echo {};#echo {You will be prompted for the minimum values of each statistic};#echo {please enter the number coorisponding to the minimum of each};#echo {statistic. Lastly, you will be asked how many of the statistics};#echo {must be equal to or greater than your minimum to stop the roller.};#echo {Please include don't cares in your final total.};#echo {The values of each catigory is as follows:};#echo {don't care = 0, bad = 1, mundane = 2, average = 3, fair = 4,};#echo {good = 5, mighty = 6, heroic = 7, perfect = 8}}
#TRIGGER {Do you want to reroll this} {total = 0;#if (@str >= @strmin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@dex >= @dexmin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@agi >= @agimin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@con >= @conmin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@pow >= @powmin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@int >= @intmin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@wis >= @wismin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@cha >= @chamin) {#math total {@total+1}};#if (@total < @totalmin) {y}}
#TRIGGER {Strength:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {str = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {str = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {str = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {str = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {str = 5};#if ("mighty" =~"%1") {str = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {str = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {str = 8}}
#TRIGGER {Constitution:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {con = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {con = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {con = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {con = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {con = 5};#if ("mighty" =~ "%1") {con = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {con = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {con = 8}}
#TRIGGER {Dexterity:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {dex = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {dex = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {dex = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {dex = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {dex = 5};#if ("mighty" =~ "%1") {dex = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {dex = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {dex = 8}}
#TRIGGER {Agility:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {agi = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {agi = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {agi = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {agi = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {agi = 5};#if ("mighty" =~ "%1"){agi = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {agi = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {agi = 8}}
#TRIGGER {Intelligence:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {int = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {int = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {int = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {int = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {int = 5};#if ("mighty" =~"%1") {int = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {int = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {int = 8}}
#TRIGGER {Wisdom:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {wis = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {wis = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {wis = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {wis = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {wis = 5};#if ("mighty" =~ "%1") {wis = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {wis = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {wis = 8}}
#TRIGGER {Power:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {pow = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {pow = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {pow = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {pow = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {pow = 5};#if ("mighty" =~ "%1") {pow = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {pow = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {pow = 8}}
#TRIGGER {Charisma:%s(%w)} {#if ("bad" =~ "%1") {cha = 1};#if ("mundane" =~ "%1") {cha = 2};#if ("average" =~ "%1") {cha = 3};#if ("fair" =~ "%1") {cha = 4};#if ("good" =~ "%1") {cha = 5};#if ("mighty" =~ "%1") {cha = 6};#if ("heroic" =~ "%1") {cha = 7};#if ("perfect" =~ "%1") {cha = 8}}
Ssarra
Sojourner

Postby Ssarra » Thu May 17, 2001 1:13 pm

I was having the same problem, having to import it every time. I'll try this one tonight. Image
Harthorm
Sojourner

Postby Harthorm » Mon May 21, 2001 8:41 pm

Jaerin,

One thing I noticed is that you use the rollsetup alias script to make the trigger every time you use rollsetup. The problem I had was that I'd moved all of the roller stuff into it's own class folder and so every time I ran rollsetup (sometimes in the middle of rolling) it would make a duplicate trigger <i>outside</i> of my roller class.

If anyone else experienced something like this, just move the #trigger portion of the script into it's own trigger in the class and delete it from the end of the rollsetup alias.

All in all, a great roller. Thanks.

Harthorm
Jarikon
Sojourner

Postby Jarikon » Sat Jul 07, 2001 8:03 pm

Whats A Text File?

------------------
Jarikon Cursed Forever...
Joth
Sojourner

Postby Joth » Sat Jul 28, 2001 6:47 am

Question where in the script would you but the wave file at?

Return to “MUD Client Help”