rescue trig help

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
Zelphin
Sojourner

rescue trig help

Postby Zelphin » Fri Dec 13, 2002 2:27 am

Okay, im using Galok's trig he posted:

#trigger {^< T: ({@casterglist})} {rescue %1} rescue
#trigger {switches} {look} rescue
#trigger {* {hits|slashes|crushes|misses|whips|pierces|smashes|sting|stings|drains|strikes|pummels|pummel|strike|slash|pierce|whip|drain|smash|crush|pound|pounds|hit|claw|claws} *({@casterglist})*} {rescue %1} rescue
#trigger {(*), fighting *({@casterglist}).} {rescue %2} rescue
#trigger {* attacks *({@casterglist})*} {rescue %1} rescue

#alias radd {casterglist=%additem(%1,@casterglist)} rescue
#alias rrem {casterglist=%delitem(%1,@casterglist)} rescue
#alias rescrep {#say @casterglist} rescue

and im wondering something. is it possible to stop the spamming of rescue targets during combat?
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Fri Dec 13, 2002 2:30 pm

I'm not sure what you mean, thats actually one of the least spammy (slower thou) of the rescue triggers. It actually identifies whose in combat. If 2 casters are fighting you only want it to try to get 1? Or do you just want to be able to disable it?
Belle
Nekler BlazingWolf
Sojourner

Postby Nekler BlazingWolf » Fri Dec 13, 2002 2:44 pm

What he means is, every time someone on the rescue list is hit, it sends the rescue command.
So say you have a mob that gets three hits per round on one of your rescue targets, then another mob that gets like five on one of your targets, you get spammed with eight rescue commands in one round.

As to the question.. I would think it would have to do something with sticking names of the people that are getting hit on in a new variable, checking that variable each time the trigger fires. If the person is a new rescue target, fire the trigger, use a #wait command to wait till rescue lag is over, and fire it again till succesful. On a succesful rescue, remove the name from the variable and continue to the next name. If by chance someone else has already rescued them, then use a trigger to remove that name from the list and so on.
I'm not really that good with scripting in zmud, so someone else can figure out the code. Image
Alomlim
Sojourner

Postby Alomlim » Fri Dec 13, 2002 6:41 pm

I think you should just remove the trigger that looks on switch, and the one that fires every times a caster gets tagged, and do a "look" whenever appropriate.

Or keep the switch one, but make it toggleable (the same way the whole rescue-trigger class it toggleable).

------------------
-Alomlim
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Dec 13, 2002 6:50 pm

Nekler when you successfully rescue it just says Banzai!! To the rescue... it doesnt tell you who you rescued, so you cant really pull a name off the list.

oh btw
rescue triggers=botting, though youll never get any flack about it.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Udor says 'con doesnt do shit'
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:12 pm

I don't think you need the Hits\punches\etc line in there if you have the *fighting %1
line in there. This should be redundant.
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:59 pm

It's not redudant depok, if a mob walks in and starts pummeling your caster that line will fire saving him, without that you wouldn't rescue until you 'look'.
As for the spammy factor, You could make this less spammy by using a list of people that need rescuing, knocking people off that, disabling and enabling smartly, but its more trouble then its worth Image

Probably the easist way to reduce spam on someone continously hit is have your trigger try a rescue, remove that name from your rescue list. Then if you banzi, re-add that name to the rescue list. If you fail have your trigger retry a rescue on that person until it works, or they no longer need rescuing (and readd that name back).

Grouping Rylan creates more spam then my rescue trigger,
Belle

Return to “MUD Client Help”