Pretty cheesy thing to do.

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Altan
Sojourner

Pretty cheesy thing to do.

Postby Altan » Sun Jun 17, 2001 10:41 pm

So the mud crashes, and as we all know, EVERYONE runs for eq, I'm guilty of it myself, as are most of us, I don't camp or anything.. but I will go see if somethings done. So, invariably, mud crashes. I log back in, Klosh is standing there, so I ask him. wanna go help me get a mastiff collar? he says sure, so we wander off, gates are closed in WD, so we decide to check on TS while waiting, it's done, so we go back to gates, we wait, gates open, we head to the mastiff collar, we get 2 rooms away, killed the wolfs, and Along come Moritheil, walks right past us, KNOWING where were going, and starts killing the mastiff, I walked in, saw what he was doing, and simply said, Ya know, that's pretty cheesy. his reply.
Moritheil tells you 'sorry if you guys found that cheezy... it eas either us or grakkis at that point tho :P''

That's PLAIN selfishness, and if Grakkis woulda done that i'd say the same thing about him. I can understand if your new, but pull a cheese stunt like that in a big zone and your gonna be unofficially oc'd from groups.

I'm not pissed I didn't get the collar, it's a small item and easily gotten, I'm kinda irked at how Moritheil went about it.

I am simply venting, just because that was one of the twinkiest things I believe i've ever seen.

Altan
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Mon Jun 18, 2001 1:58 am

What class is the person we're talking about here? There are some people who could walk by all that stuff right up to the mastiff. Kinda curious if he's capable of doing that, cause if he is it's really not that cheesy after all.
Kaeldar
Sojourner

Postby Kaeldar » Mon Jun 18, 2001 2:15 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Altan:
<B>
Moritheil tells you 'sorry if you guys found that cheezy... it eas either us or grakkis at that point tho :P''

That's PLAIN selfishness, and if Grakkis woulda done that i'd say the same thing about him.

Altan</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't sully the good name of Grakkis Da Swift

------------------
What did you expect?
Altan
Sojourner

Postby Altan » Mon Jun 18, 2001 6:30 am

Moritheil is a 19 druid.

I wasn't "sully'n" the name of Grakkis, i've actually grouped with him and he seems a good sort, was simply stating that if he'd have done what Moritheil did I'd call him cheesy also, he wasn't the culprit in this instance, However Moritheil said was either him or grakkis, hence my comment.

And as I said, I wasn't pissed that he got the item or anything, was kinda irked at HOW he went about get'n it.

It is a game, and I play it as one, just some folks have no consideration for other folks and it's irritating.

nuff said on my end. Image

Have fun.
Altan
Ladorn
Sojourner

Postby Ladorn » Mon Jun 18, 2001 6:53 am

I totally agree with Altan on this one. Yes you can get past those wolves with a spell like protection from animals, but usually if I see someone "stuck" at the wolves I concede the collar to the person or group. In fact I will probably ask if they need help. I do believe there is a certain code of ethics for the mud and not every one knows/follows it. That's all.
Tanolm
Sojourner

Postby Tanolm » Mon Jun 18, 2001 6:07 pm

I have to agree with Altan and Ladorn on this one. If someone beats me to the area, then they get to kill the mob. If they are too weak to kill it I usually help em out. I find it helps to not be a jackass and steal the mob from them cause it creates lots of enemies.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 18, 2001 7:32 pm

Offically the admins will try and stay clear of this type of thing. Invasion or big item rare loads we have a set procedure to handle them. In the end folks who do such things often get left out of real groups going for real eq. Soj3 is by no means a solo mud.. it helps to have friends Image
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Jun 18, 2001 7:57 pm

Here's that procedure:

1) any group with cherzra in it gets the zone, even if another group is already halfway through

2) any rareload mob is rightfully cherzra's, unless 6 RL hours pass and he hasn't come to claim it

3) if cherzra is not on and another group gets a rareload, cherzra shall review the list of rares gotten by others when he is back, and claim what he wants

4) in case of conflict or events not described in these rules, cherzra shall have the final, impartial, say, even if he is involved in said conflict or event
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Mon Jun 18, 2001 8:16 pm

ROFL.
Nitania
Sojourner

Postby Nitania » Mon Jun 18, 2001 8:37 pm

ROFL CHERZRA, i seriously havent laughed that hard in days. Image

Nitania
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Fri Jun 22, 2001 12:40 am

CHERZRA SHOULD GET ALL EQ!

shessh since i voted to give u all eq can i get a split *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink* know what i'm saying. know what i'm saying.
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Fri Jul 06, 2001 12:58 pm

chessy maybe...wrong prolly not...the way i see it first to tag the mob gets dibs...unless u die trying...now if you tag a mob and are resting up for the next round and someone comes and finishes...well thats wrong.
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Fri Jul 06, 2001 10:24 pm

Well since there seems to be a discution about this you might as well know the whole stroy. Me and morie logged in after the boot ran to the ts ring and got there just intime to see a level 40+ warrior who will remain nameless (because I cant remeber which one. ive seen many doing the ts) kill the merc is 3 rounds. So we go back to the gates and wait with altan, klosh and grakkis. When the gates open we all run to the mastiff but altan and co enter the zone first. They happen to be tied up with an agrro wolf. Me being a ranger and morie having prot from animals we simply walk passed the wolves. Sorry if you were a bit upset about it but hey we would have gotten there first anyway since none of the wolves would attack us. I assume you msg'ed Morie cause you didnt see me sneaking through the woods.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Jul 09, 2001 10:40 am

only 6 hours cherz?
..dang I've been saving this bag of LB patches for you for nothing then..dang!!
*Sarell drops a bag, it sink into the duckpond*

JK Image
silvea
Sojourner

Postby silvea » Mon Jul 09, 2001 12:04 pm

lightning patches are there to duckpond not? You get that mega proc sword after your 12th duckpound of the lightning patch.

Trust me on this....

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”