Does feeblemind do anything now?

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Does feeblemind do anything now?

Postby Kiloppile » Sun Jun 03, 2001 10:38 pm

Doing Robyn the other day, managed to feeblemind her (after getting silenced once, mind ya)... and she proceeded to continue to cast for the next 20 minutes.

From talking to people who had high level enchanters last wipe (and my 46th necro) it seems to not be having the same effects as last wipe. In fact, I can't see any effect it's having whatsoever.

I suspect this might have something to do with the mob AI changes?

[This message has been edited by Kiloppile (edited 06-03-2001).]
Valeos/Dorac
Sojourner

Postby Valeos/Dorac » Mon Jun 04, 2001 8:13 am

Heh speaking of feeblemind i was killing the orc chief and shaman in ss and i feebde the shaman and thought hey im set now...then he proceded to start casting invoker spells and other class spells...tried to blazing beam me a ton of times and still managed to silence me like 5 times...i do think its broke hehe
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Mon Jun 04, 2001 8:32 am

Ah. Was beginning to think no one else ever tried to use this spell. Image
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Mon Jun 04, 2001 11:16 am

Feeblemind rocks! I plan on using it again with great frequency. I hope that if something is wrong with it they fix it.

Lyt
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Jun 04, 2001 12:50 pm

Yeah, was in g agroup that got a feeblemind off on druid master Robyn over on MS.. she still kept trying to cast the same spells.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Mon Jun 04, 2001 8:00 pm

I have used feeblemind to great effect already. It works.

-Todrael
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Mon Jun 04, 2001 11:59 pm

Was it on a cleric or a mage mob? From what I've seen, cleric mobs at least completely ignore mine. Not sure why.

Like I said, kept trying to re-feeb it, but it was still feebed.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Jun 05, 2001 3:19 am

From what I know of feeblemind and mobs, as explained to me by a certain god...

It does not prevent mobs casting. It DOES make them gain mana and/or spell slots back very slowly now. So yes, they can indeed still cast when feebleminded. Just not as fast.

Mind you, I haven't seen the instances mentioned, just relating my knowledge of the spell.

------------------
Malacar - French kissin midgets, and damn proud of it. Oh yeah... My comments can offend you now, I don't care anymore. Have a day.
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Tue Jun 05, 2001 4:52 am

Fortunately, i used the spell extensively last wipe. At least back then, they would cast 1 or 2 more spells and then cast *very* infrequently for the duration.

Robyn was just chain-casting.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Jun 05, 2001 2:03 pm

Yeah, I wonder if it doesn't work right on cleric mobs.
If it just effects how fast mobs get their mana back, then its pretty much useless, since they have enoguh to cast for hours anyway :P
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Jun 05, 2001 2:32 pm

If she was chain casting more than 2 spells, it's buggy. I've never seen more than 2 spells back to back.

When the feeblemind hits, it wipes the mana or spell slots out and then starts from scratch.

------------------
Malacar - French kissin midgets, and damn proud of it. Oh yeah... My comments can offend you now, I don't care anymore. Have a day.
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Tue Jun 05, 2001 3:46 pm

Well, she must have cast something like 50 spells. But since the other person who posted also had a problem with Robyn, it might even be isolated to just that one mob... dunno.

She did manage to fully heal herself from few wounds in two mins while we were out of the room (and she was still feebed).
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Tue Jun 05, 2001 6:36 pm

I use this on cleric mobs quite often, and have seen a maximum of one spell cast after it landed. Full heal is often one of the spells they will attempt after being feeeb'd.

-Todrael
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Tue Jun 05, 2001 8:06 pm

I've had feeblemind cast on me before. It set my INT to rock bottom and completed purged all the spells from my memory, meaning I could not cast anything at all. Mobs use mana I guess, but you'd expect the result to be nearly the same.
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Wed Jun 06, 2001 3:26 pm

OK. Perhaps we're going about this the wrong way. Is there any situation where the spell perhaps fails, but the mob still has the flag that says it's been feebleminded?

That might explain it, since you can't recast it on the mob, but in some rare instances we've had the mobs continue to cast.

Has anyone seen feeblemind actually fail? (Not a magic resist line, but where the mob just failed a saving throw)?

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 06, 2001 5:56 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mplor:
I've had feeblemind cast on me before. It set my INT to rock bottom and completed purged all the spells from my memory, meaning I could not cast anything at all. Mobs use mana I guess, but you'd expect the result to be nearly the same.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, mobs have memorization slots similar to you guys. The only difference is the way their spells "remem". Otherwise, it's the same. Mana has been gone from Sojourn since, well, for a long damn time it only recently came back into play in the form of PSP's which only psi mobs use.

As for feeblemind, because of this thread and other people bringing it up, I tested feeblemind and it did indeed work as it was designed to, cleaning out their memorization slots the same as it does when cast on a PC.

If you come across something like this, petition so one of us can take a look at it. Other things could have happened. Feeblemind doesn't interrupt a spell being cast, so, like Todrael said, if Robyn was in the process of casting full heal when the feeb hit, it probably cleared the effects out.
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Thu Jun 07, 2001 10:18 pm

If it did clear the effects out, then it also didn't remove the feeblemind flag. So I couldn't feeblemind her again. Image

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”