GCD

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Thorgil
Sojourner

GCD

Postby Thorgil » Fri Aug 31, 2001 2:11 pm

Approx 1 going in per boot. Too powerful in relationship to effort IMHO, could at least be rogue only.

[This message has been edited by Thorgil (edited 08-31-2001).]
Joth
Sojourner

Postby Joth » Fri Aug 31, 2001 2:17 pm

Thorgil,

I think making it rogue only is a great idea, plus maybe change up procs.
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Fri Aug 31, 2001 2:19 pm

agreed, kinda makes the work that went into getting my other proc weapons seem pointless when that one is so easy with better dice, better hit damage modifier and multiple procs.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Aug 31, 2001 2:55 pm

Screw that, rogues already get all the fun. I'm relegated to wearing HP eq, at least let me wield a nice proccer. It's not like an agility or strength spell are overpowering.

Make it a rare or give Piergon 10 casting level 50 guards, whatever, but none of this rogue only shit.

Besides if everyone wouldn't just share quests it would be much harder. I hate that.
Thorgil
Sojourner

Postby Thorgil » Fri Aug 31, 2001 3:43 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cherzra:
at least let me wield a nice proccer. It's not like an agility or strength spell are overpowering.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You missed the point entirely.
Joth
Sojourner

Postby Joth » Fri Aug 31, 2001 4:09 pm

I seriously think two things should happen to it, one make it rogue only, then second reduce the effects, basicly give it a decent downgrade.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Aug 31, 2001 4:27 pm

I was thinking about the glowing crimson dagger, and its procs. It has decent stats, without the proc and requires a moderate size group to get. Now, let's examine the proc. It has the capability to debilitate stats and give bonuses to the wielder based on what it just sapped. I've seen this dagger in action during many an experience group, and truth be told, the effect is resisted quite a lot.
Whilst playing as my enchanter, the correlating spells are resisted about as much. It's not the easiest to land fumble/ray/stumble. Sometimes the mob resists as many as 5-6 of those in a row before getting them to land. The dagger isn't even consistent. Its proc is random, so you never know which one you are going to get and when. A lot of time the proc goes off at the end of a combat, which is pretty worthless. So for the proc to be of much use, it would have to go off at the beginning or near the middle of the combat, it would have to not be resisted, and the proc would have to be one which is relevant to the battle.
Now, let's examine the fact that the dagger drains stats into its wielder. You can gain agility, dexterity, and strength from the dagger. Most rogues worth their salt have these stats nearly maxed out. The dagger is of biggest benefit to anyone who doesn't have these stats maxed out, but due to its unconsistent random proc, you can never be sure if your stats will be maxed out in the right spots with just the dagger. It would be far more consistent just to wear +stat gear.
All in all, the dagger has decent stats and a very flashy proc that isn't nearly as powerful as it looks.

Yayaril
gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Fri Aug 31, 2001 4:59 pm

The Glowing Crimson Dagger is 3d5 +3 +3

The Khanjari dagger has better stats, and their is a proc that you can quest for the dagger.

I know both of the quests, but I decided to get the GCD because I haven't been able to get NEAR the khanjari dagger. You have any idea how many people are rented in Zhentil Keep waiting for that dagger? Never mind how many are level 1 alts that just log to check if mobs load, then log their primaries (but that's a whole other story)

The thing that I hate most is running around at boot trying to beat people to rare loads/quest eq. It's not very rewarding.

Yes, I've told a handful of people where to look for both quests. I've only told 1 person the whole GCD quest.

I don't think the stats on the dagger should be lowered. The proc looks spanky but rarely hits. Yesterday doing xp on the ship, my dagger proced on Captain Milpt a total of 8 times, and hit a stumble once, when he was at Awful wounds.

As was mentioned before, the beneficial spells of the dagger are nice, but don't help me personally. My Strength, Agility, and Dexterity are already at their highest notch. The blind proc is nice, but I've only seen it twice in four days of playing.

izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Fri Aug 31, 2001 5:12 pm

Don't change the quest or the stats. Its tough enough. Ppl didnt want to do it before the procs cuz it was pretty tough for the stats. I would say downgrade the proc. Make it only proc like two of the 4 or so procs that it has.

Also, make the proc take up less lines of text. Its spammy!

But as for rogue only...I say 'BAH!'

Rogues got *alot* of great rogue only eq. Some of the best hitter handwear, boots, legwear, and cloaks I believe are rogue only. Ermines, for example aren't that hard to get.

Izzy
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Fri Aug 31, 2001 5:15 pm

Its people like you (no offense intended) that tell people about quests which then makes them impossible for you to do, because they tell people, and then those people tell people etc.

You know how many khanjari daggers there were in the game last time around? Very few because me and Nitania were just about the only ones who knew the quest and did it. We gave some to Nilan, Shaera, and other rogues that we liked but there weren't a heck of a lot of the daggers in the game. I don't know what happened this time around. Nitania was the first to have them, and then whammo everyone and their brother had a character rented in ZK. Kinda sad. I wish there was a way to protect knowledge of quests, especially rare and obscure ones. No one ever used to go to ZK. I think the only people I ever saw out there were Taelin and some 30ish warrior who did exp out there. That was it. Its one thing to share notes and ideas with other people who quest a lot (Taelin and I always would chat because we kept seeing each other out there.) But now it is ridiculous.

Lyt
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Aug 31, 2001 5:15 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thorgil:
<B> You missed the point entirely.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah? Well maybe you didn't MAKE one then.
Ykor
Sojourner

Postby Ykor » Fri Aug 31, 2001 5:30 pm

Lyt....*snicker* you were not 1st this version...nice try though.

Ykor/Illreok
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Fri Aug 31, 2001 5:38 pm

I know you had some. I am just making a point. People who spill the beans about any quest without any reservations at all should be run off the mud.

Lyt
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Aug 31, 2001 5:40 pm

Yeah. Death to all you lamers, F off and die.
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Fri Aug 31, 2001 6:24 pm

How exactly would you hide the GCD quest, best case you need like 6 people to do it, unless the 6 people you do it with are on every time you do it and tell noone thats 6 people that know, If the 5 that didnt get it the time you 6 of you did it each found different groups of 6 to do it with that would be 30 people who knew the quest, and assuming they all found their own groups of 6 the whole mud knows. Quests that require groups to do are really hard not to reveal.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Aug 31, 2001 6:29 pm

Not true. You can grab a group and do the mobs which you need, then thank them, split the other items which you got and go on your merry way. AFTER that you walk to the quest mob ALONE and finish it. Someone asks you later where you got that new item? Act as if your nose bleeds. That is how everyone should do quests. I don't share quests with ANYONE, because before you know it everyone and their mom knows it and the whole mud has spidergaunts and gythkas.
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Fri Aug 31, 2001 6:31 pm

If i help someone with a quest mob and they wont tell me at least what quest it is for then i wont help them again, and there are alot of people who think this way.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Aug 31, 2001 6:40 pm

Tough luck for them then, cause I aint tellin'.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Aug 31, 2001 7:25 pm

I know you had some. I am just making a point. People who spill the beans about any quest without any reservations at all should be run off the mud.
-Lyt

Yeah. Death to all you lamers, F off and die.
-Cherzra

not trying to piss you off cherzra, but remember u were willing to sell me quest info for a seashell. i've sold quest info too (once this wipe) until i realized it's illegal.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Fri Aug 31, 2001 7:28 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cherzra:
Tough luck for them then, cause I aint tellin'.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If others acted liked that, then you'd not have the knowledge of quite a few quests.

I'm not actively telling quest info, and I don't really give helpful hints on quests.
BUT if someone is with me doing a quest, then I'm polite enough to reply saying what we are doing.

/Jegzed who agrees with Zrax here.
gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Fri Aug 31, 2001 7:37 pm

There is a difference between helping someone with a quest, and telling someone how to do a quest. The reason so many people are doing the dagger is because it is an EASY quest that results in a GREAT item. There is no skill in doing it.. The mob loads at boot or it doesn't. Same with glowing crimson, except the items aren't even rare.

Castun and I were talking the other day about this same subject. Nitania and I were talking and this came up as well. Most (ALL) of the harder quest do not get done without the help of other people. Be it information, help killing a mob, etc. These people will then know of the existance of the quest. Beg and bother someone when you don't know a quest, but don't say a word if someone asks you about a quest you know.

The reason why I do quests is for fun. I enjoy interacting with the mobs, and receiving a reward for my efforts. To me, then mentality of "I want to be the only one with this piece of eq!" is both childish and selfish. ESPECIALLY if you are talking about the quests in this topic. Come on, if you want to be the only person with a piece of eq, try doing a god-run quest and get a restring, or maybe a HARD quest that requires more than one rare, or items that take more than one boot to do.

It's not the AMOUNT of people that know that quest that causes the problem, it's the DIFFICULTY of the quest.
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Fri Aug 31, 2001 8:42 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thorgil:
<B>Approx 1 going in per boot. Too powerful in relationship to effort IMHO, could at least be rogue only.

[This message has been edited by Thorgil (edited 08-31-2001).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For newbies maybe Thorgils post doesn't have a point...but for anyone that knows this mud, understands balance, you know something should be done about the GCD. Its not over powerful, but it is a very nice weapon, very easy to get (10 mins), and can be done every boot (no rares). Remember how every mid-level goodie warrior type had a holy gleaming?...get ready for the era of the GCD.
I don't think a downgrade is in order, but something like rogue only I think should apply.

Belle
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Aug 31, 2001 8:51 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gnerble:
To me, then mentality of "I want to be the only one with this piece of eq!" is both childish and selfish.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you just go ahead and tell everyone? EQ is what drives most of us to play. I don't want the same stuff everyone else has, drab boring yawn.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gnerble:
It's not the AMOUNT of people that know that quest that causes the problem, it's the DIFFICULTY of the quest. </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No matter how hard it is, once it's done a few times more and more people will mysteriously find out. How many of you actually know what to ask the GCD quest mob? Almost none I'll bet. You just give him what you've seen other people give him. So the difficulty is gone. Waiting for rares isn't difficult, it just takes time. It only becomes difficult if you don't have a clue where to start looking, let alone that you need a rare somewhere.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Aug 31, 2001 9:02 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by belleshel:
<B> I don't think a downgrade is in order, but something like rogue only I think should apply.

Belle

Sure... add it to the list of godly +4hit +15hp rings which are rogue only and can be gotten in 20 minutes by 2 people, the godly +2dam +10hp sharskin rogue only eq, the etched dagger, khanjari dagger, kirin horn, 2dam 15hp shadow dragon boots and +2dam mocassins and whatever else rogues get in addition to 6 attacks, poisons, vital strike, circle and assassinate.

Just make it a damn rare already or give him 10 lvl 50 casting guards instead.

Or maybe warriors should only be allowed to wear minor created daggers, while you all have your twinksongs, holy avengers and deathknells. Would fit nicely with being relegated to wearing hp eq.

Cherzra, obviously overpowered with a strength spell proc from his dagger.

BTW, do a locate on gcd, guess it was the goodies who had to bring along 15 other people while handing in the items giving away the quest.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Fri Aug 31, 2001 9:31 pm

i hate quest. if i know a quest and someone ask i will tell it. should i quit? it's nice to know that sojournIII is a quest mud.

the only quest i will do for myself is prolly spell quest cuz i have to. fireweed is prolly one that i do regularly cuz it easy. if people need to kill purple dragon in flames i will lead it, weather for silver band, dragon robe, blur scimitar whatever. if i know an item is for a quest i will get it if i'm in the area. i give out quest eq. should i be ban?

dont be over dramatic about quest. also folks who like to rp this not an rp mud either. they encourage all these things but nothing is mention about banning folks who dont do these things.
gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Fri Aug 31, 2001 9:42 pm

Sigh Cherzra, would help if you read my posts. You're posting about keeping quests a secret and you're the one that posted the end to spider gaunts on the board. You're picture on the website is really cute too, I wonder if you could be more STARVED for attention and hoping to get it from the MUD?

I said that I help people with the quests, if they have a start on it, or have some questions. I've sent one email about quest information, to a reliable source.

Is your reference to the "godly" rings referring to the "tiny ruby ring"? Which is +4 hit +10 hit points and !warrior? It's not rogue only.

Sharkskin eq is by no means easy to do, it is worth the stats. I'd bring up some GODLY evil-race only eq, but you probably don't know the quests.
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Sat Sep 01, 2001 12:15 am

What I think would be neat would be a quest for a good rogue weapon that REQUIRES rogue skills to get through. Or for that matter, similar quests for other classes. Stuff that can be done solo if you know how to get the most out of your abilities. I think this would make the quest seem much more rewarding and also cut down on information leaks.

As for the GCD, I'm holding off judgement until I know exactly what its procs do. In the meantime I'm just drooling over the fact that there's a 1h piercing that procs offhand and is light enough to be wielded offhand while all the 1h slashers (1h piercing maxes at like 85 for rangers) that proc offhand seem to be too frickin heavy for rangers to offhand.
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Sat Sep 01, 2001 12:33 am

For anyone that has used GCD while zoning, you know that the spells rarely land. As a matter of fact, i think i havent seen the mob get debilitated more then 3-4 times. Which means this is a exp weapon...

Rogues get the BEST use from gcd, because they get more attacks, but it dosent matter because the spells still rarely land. Yes the fight should be increased, no it should not be made rogue only.

Downgrade the weapon, and watch it sink back into the junk pile like it was before. How many GCD's were there before the upgrade? 2-3?

The only downgrade the weapon needs is to make it not proc offhand.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Sep 01, 2001 12:57 am

Step one: Make one of the mobs rareload an item for the GCD.

Step two: Someone shut cherzra the fuck up. It's getting annoying seeing him whine about everything on every thread.

- Ragorn
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Sat Sep 01, 2001 1:17 am

<B>
Is your reference to the "godly" rings referring to the "tiny ruby ring"? Which is +4 hit +10 hit points and !warrior? It's not rogue only.

This is true, but his point is valid. And I think this is splitting hairs. If you have hitter gear, that's !warrior, it's in essence a rogue only item.

I don't know that down-grading the dagger is the answer. Especially if proc misses so often. In a group just awhile back I gave GCD to low level caster because no one in group wanted it (pre-proc)

It'd be crummy to have dagger suddenly not worth doing again because it was modded down too quickly.

------------------
·Kuurg·
gordex
Sojourner

Postby gordex » Sat Sep 01, 2001 1:36 am

Everyone who has posted. Please log on and type "help quest".

Gordex - Gordex Travel Agency
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Sat Sep 01, 2001 2:17 am

Uh, I wore tiny ruby rings on my cleric until like level 40..

Dornax
Jurdex
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sat Sep 01, 2001 2:52 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ragorn:
<B>
Step two: Someone shut cherzra the fuck up. It's getting annoying seeing him whine about everything on every thread.

- Ragorn</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take a hike. I post on this thread why I think the dagger doesn't need a downgrade or class change, but that the quest items need to be made rareload. Since that doesn't seem to suit your tastes you go yapping at me like a dog? Ignorant adolescent little boy. I pity you.

[This message has been edited by cherzra (edited 09-01-2001).]
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sat Sep 01, 2001 2:55 am

<B>I'd bring up some GODLY evil-race only eq, but you probably don't know the quests.

Oh you mean that +1 +2 earring? Would that compare to the +4 +1 earring from GC? Or the 2 dam shield from UD? You think that compares to a Tempos? Or the all body elemental cloud, you think that compares to a troll armor suit? How about that nice goodie Aryuk necklace? Or the goodie Sauruk dagger? Don't give me any bullshit you ass.
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Sat Sep 01, 2001 3:54 am

Well, there is no way GCD in the same class as Ebony Sword. Either up Ebony Sword. or do something about GCD.

Blung take no prisoner
gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Sat Sep 01, 2001 4:00 am

I've read help quest. Honestly I don't abide by it. I suppose I should. I just don't understand why we shouldn't help eachother.
OK, I'll try to give an example:

Tyrael and I have been working on BGR quests for months. The first few months we were competing against each other, looking for new items, asking each other about items we didn't know. Honestly, we didn't get very far. Lately, we have been banding together to try to solve them all. We both have figured out the complex "scheme" to how the quests interlock there. Since sharing information with each other, we have discovered over FIFTY quests in the zone. We have bugged the hell out of Cyric to fix various broken items and keywords. I have NEVER been more excited mudding than when we figure a new piece out together. We wouldn't be anywhere today if we were totally selfish and didn't share information.

On another note, I have received at LEAST 20 tells from players asking me about the Khanjari proc after posting this. NONE of them have been questions about the quest iteself. They have all been: "How do I do Khanjari proc Quest?" Those aren't the kind of quest questions I'll answer.

Cherzra, man, I've known you on the MUD for a long time. We've talked many times, when I used to play evil and even when I play goodie. You've always been very kind to me on the mud. Just seems like you're a different person when you get on the boards.

Actually Cherzra, I know nothing about the earring that you mentioned. The piece of quest eq that I am referring to is evil race only, and it is FAR better than +1 +2. My old college roomate has a set right now (My god I taught the guy how to play and now he's a freaking GOD). And damn if I'm not thinking about rolling up an evil just to wear it!

[This message has been edited by gnerble (edited 09-01-2001).]
Dinggle
Sojourner

Postby Dinggle » Sat Sep 01, 2001 4:17 am

i love the glowing crimson dagger procs.

about four years ago i played a human assassin Narial Thrikill. I wrote a few stories and posted them on thepersonal board. one was me and Dorac (Valeos) and my pair of glowing crimson daggers, named 'Starlight' and 'Heaven's Blade'. when all was said and done they did things just like the daggers do now.

it's probably just coincedence, but i love it. narial is still around (35 orc rogue) and i fully plan on getting her a pair.

it should be rogue only though, and take ray off the proc. should be ok then.
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Sat Sep 01, 2001 7:04 am

I agree handing out quest info isn't cool, you could at least give vague hints that could nudge them along without straight up walking someone through. But hoarding information just so you can be the only one with the uber EQ is kinda low.

For one because you KNOW you're going to share that info with your little elite group of friends, and thats just some wierd passive aggressive way of player combat. Seems like everyone is itching for a way to edge each other out or "beat" them.
Who's first to said item, who has the only item, etc.

I like seeing only a few of certain items around, but i think the solution should be the rarity/difficulty of the mobs before its the hoarding of information.

logistically telling people "dont talk about the quest" is never going to happen, thats less efficient than the old outcasting system. hate to be redundant, but its really late and i'm tired.
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Sat Sep 01, 2001 7:08 am

I'd also like to add to what treladian said, making class specific quests, where ONLY that class may participate is an awesome idea. IE:

Rogues that have to infiltrate another rogue guild using the skills they have (sneak, hide, lockpick, etc.)

Warriors, where they must say, enter a pitfighting contest, and win several 1 on 1 contests.

An invoker that has to use several spell combinations in select rooms. ie: fireball on an avelanche to make a pathway, Cone of cold several times to freeze an otherwise uncrossable river, etc.

An enchanter that must enchant a series of items, keys, etc.. to get past certain gates, using the key to gate theory from sigil.

A cleric that has to go cure the disease of some guy, cure some guys blindness, cure critic on some kids broken leg, then top it all off with the ress of an important figure in a town.

A paladin or anti paladin that has to prove several acts of faith in order to earn the favor of their god or maybe atone for their crimes.

A ranger has to track down a man and bring him to justice alone, without alerting the authorities of the forest that the criminal is hiding in.
I'm sort of running off at the bit with this, but you all get the idea.

I love quests, but it would be nice to have some where it's not just another group running out to do a bootparty on a mob to get an item to give to another mob. anyone else agree?
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Sat Sep 01, 2001 10:30 am

Well just figured I'd comment cause I have a gcd. First off as far as procs go (strngth, dex, and agility boost) while it looks real cool, lets face it im a assassin...my str dex and agil are top so the few extra poinnts i get dont do nothing but look neato in combat when it procs.

as far as the freguency of the proc i have been using mine for quite a bit and I have YET to see the big prime blind proc.

i see lotta other weapons proc way more useful procs way more frequent than my gcd does even with me getting multiple attacks when hasted. so before you all scream downgrade try look at the usfulness of the proc first.

i think youll find other weapons if not easyier to get off a mob in a zone, have both better proc, better dice, and more useful too

Just what i noticed

Nilan
Kalthanan
Sojourner

Postby Kalthanan » Sat Sep 01, 2001 3:37 pm

bah! stop arguing about the damned GCD for f**ksakes.. it's ONLY a dagger! daaaagger! it's small (like a halfling pipi) SMALL!

if yer gonna argue.. argue about something worthwhile like a nice BIG 2hander Image or go out and figure out one of lesser known/obscure quests.. i know for a fact that there's way nicer weapons than that piddly pigsticker out there.
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Sun Sep 02, 2001 3:03 am

Amen, Kal.
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Tue Sep 04, 2001 4:34 pm

Blungs post says what i was trying to say in my first post, gcd has better damage dice, and better hit/damage than ebony longsword, this is just stupid, pretty depressing to those of us who died many times in cc getting these weapons for people only to have a weapon that a midlevel newbie group can get be a better weapon. Stupid.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Sep 04, 2001 4:42 pm

Perhaps you're exagerating a bit much when you say a midlevel newbie group could get one?

Yayaril
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Tue Sep 04, 2001 5:45 pm

Not newbies, but 6 sub40s could easily pull it off.
Jethrus
Sojourner

Postby Jethrus » Tue Sep 04, 2001 6:12 pm

In regards to the ebony bladed debate.... Eb blade does less damage per swing... but the blind proc lands every time it procs where as GCD I have had the blind proc go off a couple dozen times and landed 2 so far.
In regards to making quests harder by making mobs rare load or if they are rare making them load less frequently is frustrating. Once a few people find out about a quest they camp a character as close to that rare as they can. Even if you know how to do alot of quests chances are that there is some who is sitting on the rare every boot waiting for it to pop. I think quests are more fun if they don't involve as many rares but more eq from random places on random mobs that are not often killed. I know that there are a bunch of those quests out there, just stating that I like it more if you have to travel around and kill a bunch of interesting stuff rather than camp on a zone for 2 weeks to find a mob that 20 ppl are waiting for.
-Jethrus Monk of Yore
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Tue Sep 04, 2001 6:15 pm

are you fucking kidding me that dagger has blind too?? i thought it only had ray,dex,str,agility. bahahaha, Yeah yaya, probably not newbies, but sub 40's with a good leader could do it.

Seems pretty silly to have all warriors running around wielding a dagger, I wont do it just because its silly but, ogres, trolls,barbarians, and dwarves having to resort to a dagger as a primary weapon because its so much better than any sword just seems silly.

[This message has been edited by Zrax (edited 09-04-2001).]
Ontzlake
Sojourner

Postby Ontzlake » Sun Sep 09, 2001 9:22 pm

No weapons should be ANTI-WARRIOR. Warriors should be able to use all weapons in game. All weapons. Yes!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Sep 21, 2001 1:26 pm

gcd procs are awesome from a fun perspective and near worthless from a technical standpoint. The dice and dam are great. I for one think its awesome that a group of 40s can get a decent weapon. If not for that, id still be wielding a frickin 2d6 2/2 weapon at 34. Thats lame. 1h weapons dice suck. I dont know if this is to keep melee from doign dam or what, but its irritating to be forced to use a shield, then have the only weapon you can wield tickle your opponent. I think more people wield it for the dice and dam than for the silly procs.

Ive stuck blind less than 10 times (mostly at nasty wounds) out of prolly a couple hundred blind procs. I get lots of stat boosts but my stats are basically maxd. I stick ray quite a bit. which is cool, but not necessary. Id trade all the procs for a mediocre non-area dam proc) a blind proc of ebony caliber, haste proc, blur proc, life drain proc, stone proc, heal proc, pretty much anything proc that is actually else useful. hell id even trade the procs for another +1/+1 or another die.

someoen please flame me. especially flame me about mid level weapons between a 2d6 and something like gcd! i dont know of any.

oh yea, dont make it rogue only why because not enough good 1h weaps out there as it is. and no good reason why any dagger cant be wielded by a class with 1h piercing.

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 09-21-2001).]

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”