The perfect warrior? Or close anyways.....

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

The perfect warrior? Or close anyways.....

Postby Galok Icewolf » Fri Sep 21, 2001 11:29 pm

worn on head- a glistening blue gem
worn on eyes- a purple silk eyepatch
worn in ear- a diamondine earring
worn in ear- a diamondine earring
worn on face- a soft leather mask encrusted with garnets
worn around neck- a polished bone collar
worn around neck- a polished bone collar
worn on body- ringmail emblazoned with a mace and skull emblem
worn about body- a blue polkadot cloak
worn on arms- a deep-blue set of sleeves
worn about waist- a belt encrusted with black sapphires
worn around wrist- a bracelet made from leaves of nightshade
worn around wrist- a bracelet made from leaves of nightshade
worn on finger- an amethyst ring
worn on finger- an amethyst ring
primary weapon- a silverish githyanki longsword
Worn on legs- a set of basilisk scale leggings

[This message has been edited by Galok Icewolf (edited 09-21-2001).]
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sat Sep 22, 2001 12:23 am

Needs something...

A spoon perhaps? Image
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Sep 22, 2001 4:43 am

You're lacking a shield.

Yayaril
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Sat Sep 22, 2001 5:01 am

and boots
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Sat Sep 22, 2001 5:25 am

and a quiver!
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Sat Sep 22, 2001 8:42 am

Maybe an elemental to tank for you too... so you don't have to post about having to wear hp gear anymore.. Image

-Jaznolg
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Sat Sep 22, 2001 9:38 am

I really don't understand the displeasure some tanks have expressed in wearing hit point gear.

I really don't.

They never did significant damage.

They never will do significant damage.

They are the first, last and only line of defense the hitters and casters have in front of them. . .

AC and HP gear is the way to go for tanks. I applaud this.

Heck, I was upset last wipe because then AC meant nothing at high levels, now it makes a difference!

As a warrior, your goal is to survive long enough to allow the supplemental classes, that deal the damage, to win the fight.

Why the complaining?

Dornax
Jurdex
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Sat Sep 22, 2001 12:55 pm

Jurdex is right. Before if you wanted to deal a bunch of damage you were a monk. Warriors always were and always will be a class that is there just to stay alive long enough to let the casters/rogues/rangers/etc do all of the damage.

The ONLY thing that is kind of sad now is that all of the GOOD 2h weapons for warriors are kind of obsolete (except for palis/antis) due to the fact that you lose one of your main tanking skills (shieldblock) when you use a spanky weapon like the gythka or Twilight. Oh well gotta pay the price for the extra power I suppose.

Lyt
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Sat Sep 22, 2001 4:53 pm

For me its not about having to wear HP equipment versus hit/dam..i don't mind, but when it comes to the point where tanks look more like casters than most casters??..come on. That and don't you casters get bent that when you go to do tit ring or amethyst warriors are competing for them too?..or nightshades or other stuff for that matter. So you're all content that there only needs to ultimately be two different sets of eq:.. caster/tank gear, and hitter gear.??

E

[This message has been edited by Ensis (edited 09-22-2001).]
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Sat Sep 22, 2001 6:10 pm

I have no problem with warriors wearing +hp gear, but yeah I agree it sucks when they are wearing caster gear because then that means that not only are the casters in competition with each other for the gear, but now they have to fight with the warriors for it.

What else sucks is when you do a zone like invasion, and ALL of the extra gear which loads with invasion is warrior gear, with the possible exception ofthe amethyst belt (which is still great warrior gear.) What sucks is to get all of the cool gear, only to find out that only the warriors can bid on it. We did invasion the other day, and of our group of 15, we had 5 hitters which included 2 warriors, 2 rangers and a rogue. So we had the remaining 10 people (all casters) pretty much fighting over the belt, while the hitters all got something really sweet.

I am still of the opinion that the best way to do bids is to let people bid on any of the items gotten. Poor casters we are screwed Image And then this isn't even counting all of the really nice caster gear (orb of annihilation, ring of ellie control, shroud, etc) which are needed by non-mages for quest items. I happened to have an orb and an ellie control ring, and you know how many people tried to tell me I needed to give one and/or both of those items to them so they could do a quest? It was sad. How about making some of the nice spanky warrior gear usable for some nice mage quests. That way we can have a legitimate change at bidding on those items, instead of being stuck with the leftovers.

Lyt
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Sat Sep 22, 2001 10:55 pm

I don't mind that tanks want hit point gear. I have yet to handout an amethyst ring to a caster. Almost all of the spider rings I've done went to tanks. You don't _need_ nightshades, etc.. That is going a bit overboard, except for special occasions.

Sapphire belts, amethyst rings, polka dot cloaks and the like are both dual caster/tank gear.

I would like to see more hp gear with ac. Maybe load an ac10 30hps ring.

Fortunately, Lyt, there is one nice caster gear quest item that requires a warrior item (dragon tattoo).. its just that this item never loads. Image

Anyway, invasion eq should probably be more diversified.

Dornax
Jurdex
Frensolith
Sojourner

Postby Frensolith » Sun Sep 23, 2001 12:22 am

I Can't Wait for my Falcon Boots!

Frensolith, Elven Warrior!

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”