rares

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
cherzra
Sojourner

rares

Postby cherzra » Thu Jul 26, 2001 8:25 pm

Something I was thinking of:

With the prospect of never another wipe, what about adding more rareload eq to new high level zones?

Even though jot is probably the most done zone in the game, it's different every time because you never know what rare(s) you'll run across.

Now imagine that a zone like seer kings has a dozen rares as well. All !locate. Seer kings won't be done 1/10th as often as jot, so those rares will go a LONG way in keeping people looking forward to eventually getting one. They don't have to be kickass items, just stuff along the lines of the other eq from the zone.

It will take years before even a handful of people have those items, but it will be nice to know that there *is* stuff out there you can still strive for.

P.S. I've only done Jot twice this wipe Image *points out his shitty !zone timezone*

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 26, 2001 8:35 pm

Not sure about seers, but I know that Hive has a bunch of rares that noone has found.
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Thu Jul 26, 2001 9:00 pm

posts like kia's make me itch all over...

Anyhow...what I'd like to see is the addition of temporary rares in what I call 'forgotten' zones...ones ppl hardly do. These, of course, would be fed by rumors and such made by mobs. Kinda like a mix between god-run quests and rareloads. Just somethin for ppl to do...

Izzy
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Thu Jul 26, 2001 9:02 pm

Hive has a bunch of rares in the desert area, but I'm pretty confident we've seen all of those. I spent alot of time solo in that desert.

Just fix Acuna's quest, prease! I tracked down the area maker and he told me it was broken.
Aderon
Sojourner

Postby Aderon » Thu Jul 26, 2001 9:09 pm

This was my solution to the large group problem, I have worked on a mud for about 8 years now and we use the rare system to keep balance. It works. As for the !locate problem, we have zones load on entry... This also saves space :P But I am sure Miax and the staff have already debated this issue.

Aderon
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Thu Jul 26, 2001 11:13 pm

i think its funny when people come here to post about "their" muds.
Nomarack
Sojourner

Postby Nomarack » Thu Jul 26, 2001 11:26 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kwirl:
i think its funny when people come here to post about "their" muds.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think its funny when people ignore the major points of people's posts and focus on the irrelevant parts. Especially when someone else has made it a practice to do the very same thing in the majority of HIS posts.

Nom
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Fri Jul 27, 2001 12:20 am

i think its funny when people say the think its funny that i think something is funny.

all joking aside, i only said that because i had nothing to say.

ever hear that if you have nothing good to say, dont say it at all?

someone needs to tell me that, so i can say ive heard it.
Hamibugan Sinweaver
Sojourner

Postby Hamibugan Sinweaver » Fri Jul 27, 2001 12:31 am

That's a great idea Cherz. I was actually thinking last night about stuff like this while running through a couple zones that just never get done anymore for exp or eq really.

Anyhow, I ended up thinking what happened with the campaign idea? I'm not on a whole lot right now but I've heard nothing about it.

I really like the temporary rares thing though. Maybe almost like a god run quest type of thing. They wouldn't be a quest item or an "artifact" item and certainly not "uber" just something really cool to have and each time one loaded somewhere there'd be a hint so people would know it loaded and could go hunting. Image

------------------
That is all. Peace.
Hami
Vazzgo
Sojourner

Postby Vazzgo » Fri Jul 27, 2001 6:01 am

Some ppl will never change..
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Fri Jul 27, 2001 11:30 am

MMMMmmmmmm Scorps is fun! Nothing like going from 1120 hps to dead from the king poison tail proc.
Abue
Sojourner

Postby Abue » Fri Jul 27, 2001 11:40 am

What if there was a shelf life on equipment? Lets say. Just for kicks. One IRL year. This would force people to get a new set of eq at least once a year. But not all at once. Maybe certain pieces of eq last longer then others for example rares might last 1.5 years while very common stuff might last only 9 months to a year. Equipment wouldn't just keep building up on storage characters then. Not that this is a problem yet but this has been a problem on past sojourn's.
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Fri Jul 27, 2001 11:54 am

Yeah,

Agree with Cherzra here, more rareload items and make them more rare! how about more random description on items too, by this i mean set up a function by which high level rareload items will grab a name from a list of pontentail names stored in an array on the object so that it adds even more variety to the items, makes locate object more fun(or less) to play with and gives people more to work for. I dunno just a thought.
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Fri Jul 27, 2001 12:19 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ilshadrial:
MMMMmmmmmm Scorps is fun! Nothing like going from 1120 hps to dead from the king poison tail proc.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not just the Kings Image

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”