attn: evils

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
draccus
Sojourner

attn: evils

Postby draccus » Sun Jan 27, 2002 2:40 pm

This topic may be a bit silly, but I am curious on the evil populations opinions of this. Not that it will really change the situation.

I started Soj long ago as a evil and for the most part stuck to evils in Soj2. Middle of Soj2 I changed to goodies and have been there since. My girlfriend played goodies only you see!

Now I am getting tired of playing. Work and RL are taking more time. However, My GF really wants to quit the goodies and join the darkside. With 45 days ptime on the goodie side she has never really played on the evil side. Kinda opens up 1/2 of a unexplored mud for her.

With that said, will she be ignored and razzed if she shows up on the evil side eq'd and ready to roll? she has a low level char already, but after many hours of playing also has some pretty nice eq - better than her evil cohorts at the same level and experience will have.

It used to be in my time that players that switched sides all twinked out were given the cold shoulder at times.

I guess I am curious on two points. have things changed in the evil ranks, and how will she get along decked so nice and not knowing DK, or any of the UD, Brainstem, Hyssk etc? She has skill, will certainly level herself up solo to high 30's low 40's w/o much help. But to be blunt - she will dumber than a fence post while eq'd like a queen.

Whats your opinion? Twink pleveler or Experienced player looking for new thrills?
Trogar
Sojourner

Postby Trogar » Sun Jan 27, 2002 5:11 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by draccus:
<B>This topic may be a bit silly, but I am curious on the evil populations opinions of this. Not that it will really change the situation.

It used to be in my time that players that switched sides all twinked out were given the cold shoulder at times.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, that's the gayest thing about the evils. They tend to look down on goodies who switch over. Its really stupid. A few months ago the evils were complaining about they lack of ability to zone because of a small playerbase. You have look at their recruitment tactics. If someone with good eq who knows how to play wants to go evil, they should be highly sought. Back on toril, there were a few evils that went goodie and we were more then glad to have them. I don't say no to people who are FUN and highly SKILLED.

But yea, I have a troll with good eq and some evils make comments to be in DK. I find it hillarious :-P. I keep a log, its quite funny :-P

Trogar
Trogar
Sojourner

Postby Trogar » Sun Jan 27, 2002 5:12 pm

[This message has been edited by Trogar (edited 01-27-2002).]
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Sun Jan 27, 2002 5:39 pm

I've NEVER seen the evils that REALLY matters, the guild and zone-leaders go on like that. Guys like Lazzraxxum, Gromikazer, Cherzra, Jaznolg and Sok are among the nicest guys I've ever met.
Thurg
Sojourner

Postby Thurg » Sun Jan 27, 2002 7:07 pm

if worse comes to worse and she gets desperate she can group with me but most evils are very nice people except for jegzed you know hes evil Image the group leaders are really nice guys and so are most of the rest of them. the people we get mad at are the goodies who are (edit) when they come over

------------------
Thurg, Zossonnarr
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Sun Jan 27, 2002 9:23 pm

have your woman give me a tell.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Jan 28, 2002 11:19 am

heres the thing with evils. if you can put the time in, take your lumps and even more than your fair share of lumps and not bitch then evils will typically be glad to have you. oh and in general, dont trade especially items that only evils have access to.

if you think someone owes you something, things are unfair, or everyone can piss off becaues your going to do whatever the fuck you want, your prolly not going to have much success on the evil side. there really arent that many people and being disfavored by a mere few will virtually eliminate you from most groups.

other than that advice being successful on the evil side requires several months from what ive seen. things will go a lot better for you if you pick a class that is vital to zone groups or can do favors (think invoker, illusionist, squid, cleric in no particular order).
Aderon
Sojourner

Postby Aderon » Mon Jan 28, 2002 6:48 pm

Evils are like goodies only less of them. I've played both. There is no difference in attitude. Maybe there once was but not now.

Flame on!
taelin
Sojourner

Postby taelin » Mon Jan 28, 2002 7:11 pm

Having done thing myself, I think I can comment. If you relax, understand the culture and give it time, you will have fun on the evil side. As with any new experiences on the mud, be ready to die with a smile and do your best. Also, be friendly. Cultivate relationships with people not only based on groups, eq or exp, but common interests, game discussions etc.

This of course holds true for all players, good and evil alike. The silent soloer gets less and less attention as they level.

I guarantee if you switch sides, go anon at 10 and level to 45 with minimal contact with other players, you will get a lot of practice fishing the fountain when you get done.

The same sorts of people play evil and goodies, but the cultures that have developed have subtle differences. Remember that the smaller the population the less forgiving. Just think of evils as a small rural town as compared to the city of goodies.

Best advice I can give? Grin and bear it!

to quote Nokie, "WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!"

Sobu
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Jan 28, 2002 11:09 pm

if she's a real female and not one of those man playing woman character types, she will do fine if she puts out; otherwise, she would just need to get out.

anonymous
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Jan 28, 2002 11:44 pm

ack! admin folks, help me. one of my many multiple personality has seize control over my physical body. they forced me to type above sexist comments, in attempt to ruin my evil name. plz give me artifacts so i can combat these evil persons and bring sanity and balance back into my lif..............

got him, just in time. okay..um... gods-type admin..er..whatever... disregards anything from sok..er.. i mean from me. he's insane...um...er.. i mean i'm insane. yeah! that's it, i'm insane forget what he/i just type.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

someone, shut him up. er..that was nothing. drive through.

sok's better half
Zellin
Sojourner

Postby Zellin » Tue Jan 29, 2002 7:20 am

We evils is nice folkses! You see!
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Tue Jan 29, 2002 2:30 pm

I'm sure the ramblings of a retired player probably will be highly overlooked but here it is:

The problem that "evils" have with goodies coming over is the lack of respect and "hard time" put in as a true evil. Starting with nothing and working from the ground up (as we all had to do again this wipe)--is an important thing to evils, (and most other people).

Goodies historically have been frowned upon because their entrance into the evil realms has always been with an upper hand (transferring their eq over and whatnot) and trying to suddenly fit in with the rest of the people who did their hard work starting with nothing.

Note, this is not to say that you didn't have to start out with nothing as a goodie either, but let's face it, the goodie life is (or supposed to be) easier in the first place.

There was a time when being an evil meant that you were tight with the group you were with, there was a lot of respect amongst the evils. I only played a goodie up to toril, then after hearing about how the players really were, I decided to switch over (but at the wipe for soj 2, not after grabbing my eq as a goodie).

So, while some people are still holding true, Gromikazer and Co., Lazz and Co., and others i couldn't possibly mention them all...I still feel that the influx of goodie-bred crossovers and just basic newbies have infested the evil side to the point it has no longer become desirable to play (amongst other changes).

My advice to anyone who wants to play an evil: You had better either start from the beginning with nothing, or you had really better watch your P's and Q's and respect and not EXPECT stuff from the rest of the evils.

Peace to you all!
Wobb
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Jan 29, 2002 6:22 pm

Evils are like communists.
Morvaane
Sojourner

Postby Morvaane » Tue Jan 29, 2002 6:26 pm

Oddly enough, I recently started.....both good and evil, to see which side I wanted to play. Good side...no one answered questions, only one person helped me at all...no one was chatty/informative. My evil char, well, I have had numerous questions answered, people helped my newbie with some lowbie stuff (not asked for, just general generosity) and Ive gotten advice such as "where to kill" and whatnot. Odd, I kind of liken the good side to communists right about now (no offense to communists)
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Jan 29, 2002 6:52 pm

I think we've all had those problems in one form or another, it's all dependant on right time, right place, etc. I've rolled little evils, and keep wanting to try one, but it just hasn't seemed to work out yet. I've found plenty of helpful people on the goodie side, even when I've rolled completely anonymous characters and asked questions as a total newbie would. I don't think either the good or evil side is really better, it just depends on who you come into contact with on each side. We both have our positive and negative aspects.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Tue Jan 29, 2002 6:57 pm

Shoulda played an Elf. Yah, we suck. We're good at answering questions though.

Seriously though, I can't imagine a good number of the people I am around not answering questions. Some of them are wienies, but most will answer unless they are in the middle of a fight {or having people steal their rare's 8(}

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”