What do you look foward to the most?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Thalor
Sojourner

What do you look foward to the most?

Postby Thalor » Mon Jan 29, 2001 4:09 am

Pretty straight-forward topic. Just curious to see what people look forward to the most about Sojourn's return. Be as wordy as you like...I need something to read tommorow =P

I look forward to grabbing all the newbie elves when I hit level 16 and attempting to kill Gwark the most =P Should be great fun if I can convince anyone to join my little suicide squad. *cackle*

-Thalor, who looks forward to throwing back some feywine in Leuthilspar, among other things
Frensolith
Sojourner

Postby Frensolith » Mon Jan 29, 2001 4:11 am

The thing I look forward to is leading Thalor to some strange place, Getting him killed, and doing it all over again! :)

Frensolith, Elven Warrior(who doesn't die as much as the other Elven Warrios who follow him)
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Jan 29, 2001 4:35 am

I'm looking forward to finally getting to do all those high level zones! (Assuming I ever get past level 36... heh.) Also looking forward to getting Vigis killed in new and interesting ways. *grin*

Sarvis
Saitcho
Sojourner

Postby Saitcho » Mon Jan 29, 2001 5:10 am

I'm looking forward to hopefully becoming a respected leader this time around. I really enjoyed leading zones last wipe but i never got the chance to lead all the big zones i wanted to, like invasion and scorps and stuff. I think i did alright as far as leading went, but now i can take my knowledge and hopefully expand on that and pass it on to others who might wanna know more about the mud you know. and of course learn more about the mud through the old timers i looked up to like jurdex and waelos and mplor, etc. and i also look forward to questing again, i LOVE questing. and of course i look forward to teasing verarb.

thank you
saitcho
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Mon Jan 29, 2001 6:17 am

I just look forward to having my world back where I can ignore the bill collectors, the people who won't give me a job, all the fake and stupid people. The one place where you aren't a failure and trying is rewarded.
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Mon Jan 29, 2001 7:12 am

I'm looking forward to spanking Jot, Manscorps, and then Tiamat solo just to laugh at all you ppl who require "Groups" and say see, you guys are all so weak. I will own you all.
Elarin
Sojourner

Postby Elarin » Mon Jan 29, 2001 8:28 am

I'm looking forward to healing those elven warriors because they'll whine too much if they have to rest up to full...
as for Thalor's Gwark group why wait till level 16? DO IT AT LEVEL 1!
I'm in for that suicide mission.
Rhelath
Sojourner

Postby Rhelath » Mon Jan 29, 2001 8:55 am

Well, I for one personally look forward to sitting around at whatever fountain, in whatever hometown I choose this go around. It's always a load of laughs. Truly, you should try it.

-The paladin formerly known as Rhelath.
Calinth
Sojourner

Postby Calinth » Mon Jan 29, 2001 9:07 am

I'm looking forward to being dragged along by all those elves who whine about not having enough hps to tank anything.

Calinth Winterleaf, Half-Elven Ranger of Leuthilspar
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Jan 29, 2001 9:27 am

Finding something to whine about.

Oh, and getting Kildran killed as much as possible.

- Ragorn
Saraish Aderilix
Sojourner

Postby Saraish Aderilix » Mon Jan 29, 2001 9:32 am

I'm looking forward to gloating over my poor half-elven friends when the settle down to begin a Rangermem(tm)!!

--Saraish the Not Quite So Slow as a Ranger Human Conjurer
Sherin
Sojourner

Postby Sherin » Mon Jan 29, 2001 9:59 am

I am looking forward learning Ressurection spell. I was so close before the world ended ....
Thengil
Sojourner

Postby Thengil » Mon Jan 29, 2001 10:30 am

To meet old friends again, and to roam the countryside anew, looking for my latest corpse... :)
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Jan 29, 2001 12:53 pm

Killing the Leprechaun...

Arki and I fought the cursed thing
for about 5 hours a little before the
mud went down...trying to dodge the
elven guard contingent that popped
the same time hehe.

Sarell/Ladak..
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Mon Jan 29, 2001 1:31 pm

I look forward to the cr after thalor leads us to gwark...

Galkar - Half elven somethin or other
Tayros
Sojourner

Postby Tayros » Mon Jan 29, 2001 3:21 pm

I'm looking forward to sitting at 3w begging for a res at level 2 and standing on top of 30 other players doing cards.

PFEH! I'm looking forward to seeing that welcome message after approval.
Lithius
Sojourner

Postby Lithius » Mon Jan 29, 2001 6:33 pm

Me its... GWARK. Hes going to have my first corpse. As soon as I log for the first time, I will run to him and give him a kiss on the cheek cause Ill be some freaking happy just to be playing.

Lithius
(But my long term goals are to finaly get my Windsong and reach 50)
Dranak
Sojourner

Postby Dranak » Mon Jan 29, 2001 7:13 pm

Doing Erlan again. :)

Talking Gordex into killing Szxvu for strange boots while gods are asleep! muhaha. (never again! :P)

You OOC: Rar!

Kostchtchie!

Someone demands your presence NOW!

All the good friends and good times of the past brought back to life.. :)

Hope to see you all there.

Dranak
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Jan 29, 2001 7:21 pm

I'm just looking forward to not being so friggin bored at work. :)
Alistra
Sojourner

Postby Alistra » Mon Jan 29, 2001 7:43 pm

I'm looking forward to being dragged around by Calinth. =P
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Jan 29, 2001 7:45 pm

rofl dranak.

those strange boots weren't worth the trouble huh? :)
Dranak
Sojourner

Postby Dranak » Mon Jan 29, 2001 8:54 pm

Man, Those boots were MAD l33t! :) Good to see you again Corth. :P Cant wait for Tia again. :P
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Tue Jan 30, 2001 12:21 am

I'm looking forward to dragging the dead asses of my elven and half-elven friends outta bad situations, and also getting them into plenty as well =p

And also to see the balance changes, finally get a windsong, get past level 42, and hang out with old friends.

Treladian "drag mirlantharn w" Silentwind
Harthorm
Sojourner

Postby Harthorm » Tue Jan 30, 2001 1:39 am

I'm looking forward to trying a more RP approach to the game. I always thought I made up kickass descriptions for my chars and never lived up to them. Who knows, maybe I'll fail miserably, but if you see me and I don't have my RP tag on in the first few weeks, whap me and remind me of my resolution here.

Tips are welcome ;)
Harthorm/Twiblin

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 30, 2001 4:17 am

I'm looking forward to the made dash into the Sedawi Farming district followed by everyone except the elves and being the first to be killed by a "podwife" while a "podchild" steals your weapon! *grin* Most have had this experience.

To the opening of the MUD and my many deaths while playing!

Rho
Harthorm
Sojourner

Postby Harthorm » Tue Jan 30, 2001 4:59 am

Bah! Sedawi... whatevah! It's podville!!! We gotta call it that so the newbies know what they're really killing!

Harthorm/Twiblin
Artmar
Sojourner

Postby Artmar » Tue Jan 30, 2001 10:05 am

Getting killed by wolves on my way to podville (BTW, are there still wolves above crushk entrance? i haven't been there in ages...

Artmar Whiteraven, moronic barbie shaman
(well, int 53 for a barbie IS low, isnt' it?)
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Tue Jan 30, 2001 2:38 pm

Dying 10x before I can get out of Ghore...

Finding out that once again only one canoe per boot loads in the Ghore store...

Dying to the paladin and his fag buddies once a level...

Dying in UD with no WB earring or anyone on who has levitate and can open the shaft...
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Tue Jan 30, 2001 3:49 pm

Kicking back slurping a cool can of brain and grilling Rothe steaks on herd island. Gotta look around though cuz the damn oversears usually crash the party.

azz
Ruhr
Sojourner

Postby Ruhr » Tue Jan 30, 2001 6:05 pm

I look forward to catching up with people I haven't talked with since before the pwipe (1998?), quests :), playing a barbarian warrior again and rescuing like mad on jot, bashing evil wizards on moonshaes (praying that I don't miss and cause a TPK), CAVE CITY!, smiting Malice on the Ice Craig, combing the greycloak hills for FORKA URGUTHA (or did they take out all the quests in GC), smiting trogs for purple stoneskin potions, rescuing newbies from the displacer beast, teaching those githyanki bast*rds another lesson, clearing astral while casters silence the room (no heals, crap!), those damn paralyzing vines on that shortcut to the southern plains, smacking around cat burglers on the waterdeep rooftops, getting blasted by the hell-liche, slaying fanatics of Cyric in TF, battling the giant turtle, swiping the eyepatch from jenna, and not having to worry about PK'ers gibbing me while I'm AFK.

- R
Zuurn Shatter Skull
Sojourner

Postby Zuurn Shatter Skull » Tue Jan 30, 2001 10:16 pm

I look forward to dying alot trying to get out of Ghore 'cause I didnt keep my paths and stuff, hehe. Also I look forward to doing some zones 'n stuff, the mud shutdown right when I hit 39, BAH Lookin forward to seeing friends again too!

-Zuurn Shatter Skull
Member of Troll Suicide Inc. (tm)
Zuurn Shatter Skull
Sojourner

Postby Zuurn Shatter Skull » Tue Jan 30, 2001 10:17 pm

Oh, also I really look forward to seeing the 'By what name do you wish to be known' message, hehe =P

-Z
Relnor
Sojourner

Postby Relnor » Wed Jan 31, 2001 3:28 am

Hmmm, lets see...

Following a certain elf to my untimely demise is certainly foremost on my list...

But i think what i look forward to the most will be hanging out and catching up with all my friends :)

See you guys opening day! ;)

Relnor, Death-o-matic
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:59 am

Hey all! Hopefully most of you that I remember sharing experiences with remember this talkative half-elf druid in some form or another... I look forward to teaming up with old friends, doing the mad leveling dash that I remember from last wipe (before my druidness got left behind), getting shapechange (if it still exists), CRing level 49 paladins with my wimpy druid mentals (it happened in Dead Grove, and that person shall go unnamed for now...)

And... this time, I shall finally attain well!

Moritheil 'spare a few presses?', errant treehugger and pcorpse-generator.
Uggrur
Sojourner

Postby Uggrur » Wed Jan 31, 2001 7:12 am

Am looking forward to sitting "afk" in some abscure spot in Toril, and helping random newbies with the never ceasing lizzie problem
Tagad
Sojourner

Postby Tagad » Wed Jan 31, 2001 7:48 am

Seeing if anyone remembers who I am.

Tagad
Korin
Sojourner

Postby Korin » Wed Jan 31, 2001 7:57 am

Hey all! btw, nice Jen :P good to see you again.

I look forward to reaching 43 for the 3rd time and this time FINALLY getting dragonscales damnit!

shortly after i hope to get to 50 finally.

I also want to go to Tia :)

Can't wait see all the new stuff, and I hope to see some illusionists running around. :)

Korin "globe? what globe?"
Ruhr
Sojourner

Postby Ruhr » Wed Jan 31, 2001 9:03 am

Who could forget Tagad and his mithril warhammer!
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Jan 31, 2001 9:32 am

I have only one thing to say to you, Tagad:

~
Vylel
Sojourner

Postby Vylel » Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:06 pm

To being the only lock-picker on the game at some odd hour and having a bunch of high-levels asking if I have picks and needing MY help! :P

To dieing in some place that I have never been before, having high-levels offering help, and then describing where I died and having their only question be, "How did you get there!?"

Am looking forward to stepping through some random well that I see at level 20, getting stuck on the other side in some place where everyone I look at is lvl 50 and wondering what I'm doing there.

To being so greatful to one of my friends for dieing 4 times doing MY CR. :) thanks guys

To having High Level travelers actually using my preserved corpses as Land Marks.

To being level 19 with a last name because I couldn't seem to stay alive at level 20.

think I'm done

Vylel - the Dieing Assassin.

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:26 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

echoa You receive Doombringer, the Sword of Eternal Chaos from Sarauble.

Yeah, that would be it ;) Not really. Im just looking forward to accepting that first name :)
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Wed Jan 31, 2001 8:45 pm

Looking forward to watching Ragorn display his heroic efforts slaying the foul Waterdeep Fountain Beast night after night.

Not to mention getting all those lovely tells from Kildran to heal him then Fly/Vig him back to his corpses.

Hoping Necasio comes back so I can just rag on him all day and night about hitting on all the mud women like usual.

Praying that Darnalak comes back as a necro once again.

Especially looking forward to the green dragon getting a particularly nasty revenge on Tagsomething.

Can't wait to spam Unbind Nilan.

Always looking forward to stomping zones with my evil buds. Troll Power!

Totally looking forward to invading waterdeep with 50+ squirrels and bats and other crapmobs, causing peoples pages to scroll 3-4 times, just to let Q-ball doom em all. Hey, I'd invade waterdeep with Orcs, but still can't charm them darn orcs! Grr. =P

Yes, if I could charm SS orcs, even if I was OC, I'd still do suicide invasion runs into WD for RP events cuz I'm silly like that. =)

And finally, looking forward to hanging out and watching more people die so I can record it and make stories about it!

My two Zhents,

Caedym Shadowhock
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Wed Jan 31, 2001 9:25 pm

What am I looking forward to?:

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
Aradune
Sojourner

Postby Aradune » Thu Feb 01, 2001 8:18 am

I look forward to talking to old friends, and to the ressurection of the best text MUD ever.

-Aradune
Kajib
Sojourner

Postby Kajib » Thu Feb 01, 2001 8:56 am

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing familiar faces again ;) And especially logging in for the first time and runnin from GN to WD (miss the trip)
And ya Tagad, I know who you are hehe
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Feb 01, 2001 12:52 pm

Aradune:

The best *text* mud?!?

you mean the best mud right? :)

*whistle*

Gene
VeggieBoy
Sojourner

Postby VeggieBoy » Fri Feb 02, 2001 2:05 am

hmmm, casting pris in some part of astral and causing succubi (plural, yes, plural) to be gated in. Finally breaking back into hell as a Gnome, wow, that really hurt more than it should have.

Thippie
Rynlaeis
Sojourner

Postby Rynlaeis » Fri Feb 02, 2001 2:26 am

Count me in on the Gwark group, just as long as I have 10-12 Evermeet wooden longbows in my inventory so I can replace them as they break during the battle :) And I can bring Faloran my old elven warrior friend in too so that he can take 1-2 hits in the beginning and die ;)

I'm looking forward to starting up a barb shaman with my friend (Faloran) as the barb warrior tank, then he won't complain about nonexistant hps anymore and maybe he can tank more than a few rounds, unlike his elf :)

Ryn
Iaiken
Sojourner

Postby Iaiken » Fri Feb 02, 2001 11:43 am

I can't wait to run down black gryphon road and as soon as possible, tackle the tree of death at level 5 *REALLY!* (it's worth the exp even if you die!)

I'm looking forward to getting hit by the projectiles that my party members fire into the melee.

To leading a group (Minra, Deabnue, Kokelei, and others) to Ice Krag only to have to turn back because Kokelei got summoned away by something for stupid reason...

Kokelei tells you "HELP ME, The gypsy summoned me!" (he wasn't a GOOD thief, he was a thief...)

To FINALLY getting my Holy Flamberge of the Ifreeti at lv.26 or so (I was so close, had 12k plat)

I can't wait to see the zones that I didn't get to...(my only being lv 25(for the second time after a reroll!) played a part in this)

To kill things that SHOULD have SMOKED me...*FLEXES after killing 3 IC liutenants(AND the captain)*

Think that about wraps it up...

Iaiken heroicly recues Kokelei (for the umpeenth million time, Deabnue too.)

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”