Yay, nerfed again

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Dalar
Sojourner
Posts: 4905
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:01 am

Yay, nerfed again

Postby Dalar » Wed Feb 20, 2002 7:33 pm

- Stone isn't quite so uber powerful on wraithforms anymore.

On high level encounters my pet sucks since his ac isn't high enough to dodge hits so he just gets beat down like stone doesn't even exist.

From my perspective, shamans are almost back to where they were in toril.

1) my primary use is to gheal only.
2) spirit walk/scry remains is mostly used on newbie cr's. rarely used for zones. more of a convient spell.
3) ancestral fury is failable and is equivalent damage to a cloud.
4) lvl 31 invokers can probably outdamage me.
5) my stone lasts for 8 hits. on high level mobs that's 3 rounds
6) hexing one mob in a high level zone doesn't do much when it's about to die (15 people are on it). rarely lands on demons b/c of MR.
7) Stuns only work on non-demon/wraith/efreeti/dragon mobs. in most zones that's just giants and gith.
8) Since stuns don't stack, illusionists usually beat me to the punch with their faster, more successful, and lower duration stuns.

Can I please have my ancestral shield now? Image
Yayaril
Sojourner
Posts: 2552
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Green Bay, WI

Postby Yayaril » Wed Feb 20, 2002 8:21 pm

As for shaman being what they were in Toril, all I can say is: Yeah right.


Yayaril
rylan
Sojourner
Posts: 2903
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Hudson, MA

Postby rylan » Wed Feb 20, 2002 8:24 pm

I'll agree with you on the statement "Can I please have my ancestral shield now?"

If the last room in SF isn't reason enough for ancestral shield, I don't know what is Image
Guest

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 20, 2002 8:53 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dalar:
<B> - Stone isn't quite so uber powerful on wraithforms anymore.

On high level encounters my pet sucks since his ac isn't high enough to dodge hits so he just gets beat down like stone doesn't even exist.

From my perspective, shamans are almost back to where they were in toril.

1) my primary use is to gheal only.
2) spirit walk/scry remains is mostly used on newbie cr's. rarely used for zones. more of a convient spell.
3) ancestral fury is failable and is equivalent damage to a cloud.
4) lvl 31 invokers can probably outdamage me.
5) my stone lasts for 8 hits. on high level mobs that's 3 rounds
6) hexing one mob in a high level zone doesn't do much when it's about to die (15 people are on it). rarely lands on demons b/c of MR.
7) Stuns only work on non-demon/wraith/efreeti/dragon mobs. in most zones that's just giants and gith.
8) Since stuns don't stack, illusionists usually beat me to the punch with their faster, more successful, and lower duration stuns.

Can I please have my ancestral shield now? Image

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you actually tried using the pet yet? It was a bug affecting wraithforms tanking.
Gort
Sojourner
Posts: 919
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Ft. Collins, CO

Postby Gort » Wed Feb 20, 2002 9:23 pm

Can I take it from that post Iyatchu that the bug has been squashed?

If so, thanks.

Would still be VERY interested in ancestral shield eta or update.


Thank you,

Toplack
kaitos
Sojourner
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2001 5:01 am

Postby kaitos » Wed Feb 20, 2002 11:51 pm

I actually did quite a lot of testing with fire/air mentals on gate/elites.

Blind/rayed mob, and any decent wraith could tank till i finished casting my 7 offense spells and ordered it to flee. Now wraiths don't last 3 spells, let alone long enough to kill a mob. I could normally keep a pet alive for 2-3 gate/elites and now im using 5+ per mob.

Any mob over 40th seems to just ignore the stone on pets now.

Not sure what the old bug was but this change makes soloing as an elementalist very hard, at least at higher lvls. Enchanters now easily solo gate/elites better then an elementalist.

I do like the new Hp of the wraiths but it doesn't seem to help at all. Pets still die much faster.. Image

-neno
cherzra
Sojourner
Posts: 1868
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Holland

Postby cherzra » Thu Feb 21, 2002 8:10 am

I did some rares in GC last night with a shaman.. with his stones, healing, stuns and offense, we killed all of them. I couldn't have scratched them myself, so shamans are far from 'useless'. They are THE most all-round class.
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Thu Feb 21, 2002 2:53 pm

nog cherz.

Just a question related to the same news... should we interpret the sunray/glitterdust "tweak" as a nerf?
Dalar
Sojourner
Posts: 4905
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Dalar » Thu Feb 21, 2002 4:33 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cherzra:
I did some rares in GC last night with a shaman.. with his stones, healing, stuns and offense, we killed all of them. I couldn't have scratched them myself, so shamans are far from 'useless'. They are THE most all-round class.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

in a small group situation yea they're great b/c u don't have to get extra people. i'm more concerned with 15 man groups.
Jegzed
Sojourner
Posts: 1240
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Jegzed » Thu Feb 21, 2002 6:18 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dalar:
in a small group situation yea they're great b/c u don't have to get extra people. i'm more concerned with 15 man groups.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shrug..

You bring enchanters for "scale and globe".
You bring clerics for "full heal and vit"
You bring shamans for "group heal and vit"

What's the problem?
Maladryn
Sojourner
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Dallas, Texas, USA
Contact:

Postby Maladryn » Thu Feb 21, 2002 6:55 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dalar:
<B> - Stone isn't quite so uber powerful on wraithforms anymore.

On high level encounters my pet sucks since his ac isn't high enough to dodge hits so he just gets beat down like stone doesn't even exist.

From my perspective, shamans are almost back to where they were in toril.

1) my primary use is to gheal only.
2) spirit walk/scry remains is mostly used on newbie cr's. rarely used for zones. more of a convient spell.
3) ancestral fury is failable and is equivalent damage to a cloud.
4) lvl 31 invokers can probably outdamage me.
5) my stone lasts for 8 hits. on high level mobs that's 3 rounds
6) hexing one mob in a high level zone doesn't do much when it's about to die (15 people are on it). rarely lands on demons b/c of MR.
7) Stuns only work on non-demon/wraith/efreeti/dragon mobs. in most zones that's just giants and gith.
8) Since stuns don't stack, illusionists usually beat me to the punch with their faster, more successful, and lower duration stuns.

Can I please have my ancestral shield now? Image

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We used scry remains/spirit walk to CR from the hardest zone in the game recently (clouds) so don't say it's mainly only used for newbie CR's. That would have been one hell of a CR had we not had those spells.

If ancestral fury is equivalent to a cloud, and failable, what's the problem? Cloud is an 8th circle invoker spell and does quite a hefty amount of damage, between 250-450 a shot, I can't see what's wrong with that. You're a shaman, if you can do that kind of damage you should be happy about it because you not only get protection spells, you get healing and I get neither!

Level 31 invokers out damaging you? I doubt it. Level 41 most definitely but this is their purpose.

Stone lasts 3 rounds, just enough for the tanks to rescue the pet off the 5-8 mobs on high level fights. I assume this is how it is intended to work. Nothing wrong with it at all. Enchanters should get a nice bonus with their stones (15+ hits).

Hex should probably be looked at.

Stun isn't meant to work on those mobs, don't see why this is a complaint.

Maladryn
Nassis
Sojourner
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat May 12, 2001 5:01 am
Location: Oslo, Norway

Postby Nassis » Fri Feb 22, 2002 3:06 pm

Huh? There's a problem with hex?
Pretty much every time two tries are enough to stick, and they make a _huge_ difference for the only time I really care - trying to shadow flux a high mr mob. (Easy with hex, near impossible without. Actually a bit too hard without hex imo...)

Please dont complain about shaman power. They get pretty much everything and have an indispensable high level group function.
Glorishan
Sojourner
Posts: 456
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby Glorishan » Sat Feb 23, 2002 9:52 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jegzed:
<B> Shrug..

You bring enchanters for "scale and globe".
You bring clerics for "full heal and vit"
You bring shamans for "group heal and vit"

What's the problem?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

People bring me for my sparkling personality!

Glorishan

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests