Equipment Databases / other data gathered?

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
xanx
Sojourner

Equipment Databases / other data gathered?

Postby xanx » Thu Aug 15, 2002 4:13 pm

Does anyone have equipment databases they can email me? I am compiling a section for my website where I will list all the equipment I know about and thier stats - I'm doing this to be of benefit to all so please help me build a list...
Please send me any EQ info you have thanks - patrickkrebs@yahoo.com
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Thu Aug 15, 2002 4:42 pm

Does anyone have good eq they want to give me. i'm trying to compile a dragon's horde of eq er.. i mean i'm trying to horde eq... er i mean get a database.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Thu Aug 15, 2002 4:51 pm

Sojourn has historically been a world of mostly mystery, where item stats and maps were not distributed. I believe the only exception to this was Minthur's Maps. In game rules still prevent quite a bit of information giving, such as the restriction about giving item stats over nhc and the restrictions on telling others about quests. I'm sure there are many that would take advantage of such databases if they were made available, but I also feel that it would detract from the mud in many ways, reducing it ever further towards the powermud many people now call it.

Since you posted about webpages in so many different threads, I'll just go and copy this post into all of them. In the future, please try to limit your ideas/requests to one post.

------------------
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Nosonan
Sojourner

Postby Nosonan » Thu Aug 15, 2002 5:28 pm

If you made a database of eq then that bastard wizard in WD would go broke. The only thing good about that 2 plat price is its a good way to get rid of my coppers!

Nos
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Fri Aug 16, 2002 2:50 am

Thanks for the thought Xanx, but I am fully with Tod.

------------------
peACe oUt
laterZ
gyrx
xanx
Sojourner

Postby xanx » Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:48 pm

I agree to it was something I didn't think about and I want to respect all wishes... I'd still like to make a site where we can post pics and personal info about ourselves as players though as a socialable fun kind of thing.... ++Plus MAPS we'll give away maps and Quests and everything++ (THE PREVIOUS SENTANCE IS A JOKE!!)

I would like to create a section for the help files though so they are more easily browsed through - anyone got a problem with easily webbrowsable help files that are already available to everyone?

------------------
Don't be scared of midgets in the elevator... just remember thier world smells completely different....
Lazus
Sojourner

Postby Lazus » Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:01 pm

We here at Sojourn 3 have no sense of humor that we are aware of sir.

Delete him. Image

Lazus Al'Medin
Rellanor
Sojourner

Postby Rellanor » Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:42 pm

with the rapid trend in monor and not so minor eq downgrades/tweaks your database would be in acurate before you finished it
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:32 am

Damned n00bs!
In my day we memorized maps AND eq stats!

And you know what they did to me!?! they changed the friggin stats on everything! Then they put in a little place called Griffons nest and made me WALK to wd!?! the NERVE!
Then they put in a little place called trollbark and screwed up me runnin to the southern ferry ! BAstards!!!
so take ur automappers and your eq stat databases and shove em up yer arse, learn to use ur brain instead of your computer.

p.s. Anyone using rescue triggers should be deleted, because it is roboting. play your character, dont watch him.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Tesil2
Sojourner

Postby Tesil2 » Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:43 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by xanx:
<B>Does anyone have equipment databases they can email me? I am compiling a section for my website where I will list all the equipment I know about and thier stats - I'm doing this to be of benefit to all so please help me build a list...
Please send me any EQ info you have thanks - patrickkrebs@yahoo.com</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you do a search....you will find that someone started this in the past....not sure if they kept it up...but bravo for you.

I have a list...not all that comprehensive....but I can email it to you...and don't worry about the minority who wouldn't like you to post eq stats.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:28 am

the minority. counts the posts. looks at content of each post. laughs at tesil's inability to include his toes in counting. moves on to next thread.

------------------
-Daz "<^> (*¿*) <^>" Proudwolf
xanx
Sojourner

Postby xanx » Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:13 pm

This topic is dead stop writing morons

------------------
Don't be scared of midgets in the elevator... just remember thier world smells completely different....
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:12 pm

i speak from experience when i suggest that getting angry won't help your posts, and to just laugh and move on.

------------------
xanx
Sojourner

Postby xanx » Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:22 pm

Your blatent painting of the obvious astouds even me great bringer of light....
Everyone rise and look around - you can come out of your caves the darkness is over - we can see again now that Prometheus has brought us the fire of knowledge...

------------------
xanx
Sojourner

Postby xanx » Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:24 pm

TESIL PLEASE DO!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tesil2:
<B> If you do a search....you will find that someone started this in the past....not sure if they kept it up...but bravo for you.

I have a list...not all that comprehensive....but I can email it to you...and don't worry about the minority who wouldn't like you to post eq stats.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Tesil2
Sojourner

Postby Tesil2 » Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:19 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Daz:
<B>the minority. counts the posts. looks at content of each post. laughs at tesil's inability to include his toes in counting. moves on to next thread.

You count the posts you moron. I laugh at your pathetic existence....go cry about your mental problems some more on the other threads. Buh Bye.
xanx
Sojourner

Postby xanx » Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:25 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tesil2:
<B> You count the posts you moron. I laugh at your pathetic existence....go cry about your mental problems some more on the other threads. Buh Bye.

HAZAA! - The day is yours Tesil! (Xanx says in a creepily Connery - esque manor reminiscent of SNL)

------------------
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:27 pm

This is the second personal attack from tesil to me (that mattered). I don't know if the staff here cares, but I happen to be a player, albeit not a frequent one. If the staff chooses NOT to admonish Tesil for his abusive behavior, then I will take out my frustrations on him, personally. So, I am giving the administration here an opportunity to either tell me why his posts are NOT abusive, or to tell me why nothing will be done.

-daz

------------------
xanx
Sojourner

Postby xanx » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:04 pm

This ain't the mud bud...

...your feelings hurt? want a hug?...

*wimper*

------------------
xanx
Sojourner

Postby xanx » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:06 pm

Besides you started it...

------------------
Tesil2
Sojourner

Postby Tesil2 » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:12 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Daz:
<B>This is the second personal attack from tesil to me (that mattered). I don't know if the staff here cares, but I happen to be a player, albeit not a frequent one. If the staff chooses NOT to admonish Tesil for his abusive behavior, then I will take out my frustrations on him, personally. So, I am giving the administration here an opportunity to either tell me why his posts are NOT abusive, or to tell me why nothing will be done.

-daz

Hrmmm...who started this one? YOU did...you questioned my ability to count....when you obviously can't. Can't take the heat...stay the fuck out of the kitchen.

Take it out on me personally? ROFLMAO....want my address bitch???
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:21 pm

yes

------------------
Tesil2
Sojourner

Postby Tesil2 » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:25 pm

<B>This is the second personal attack from tesil to me (that mattered). I don't know if the staff here cares, but I happen to be a player, albeit not a frequent one. If the staff chooses NOT to admonish Tesil for his abusive behavior, then I will take out my frustrations on him, personally. So, I am giving the administration here an opportunity to either tell me why his posts are NOT abusive, or to tell me why nothing will be done.

-daz

Just in case it's not obvious to a dim wit like you....no they don't care about you.

Especially....one like you...who cries "abusive behavior"....when that is what YOU frequently do. Go cry to your momma.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:30 pm

Tesil, you will not be warned again about personal attacks.

Xanx, I am unsure as to our current policy towards postign equipment stats on your personal site, however I can most definitely assure you that you may not reproduce our help files.

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
Tesil2
Sojourner

Postby Tesil2 » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:41 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shevarash:
<B>Tesil, you will not be warned again about personal attacks.

Xanx, I am unsure as to our current policy towards postign equipment stats on your personal site, however I can most definitely assure you that you may not reproduce our help files.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Try again! I did not start any attack...try talking to limpdick daz....
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:33 am

Tesil has been banned from the BBS for 24 hours.

Discussions, arguments, even criticism is welcome on these forums. I very much value these forums in their current open, unrestricted state - and to keep them thay way we only need to adhere to 2 rules:

1) No discussion of illegal activities.

2) No personal attacks.

Tesil's posts above are clearly in violation of the 2nd rule. I warned him above, and he proceeded to respond with yet another profane attack upon another player. I am saddened indeed that I have had to resort to this kind of punishment and hope that it will not be neccessary in the future.

------------------
</B>
xanx
Sojourner

Postby xanx » Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:13 am

did you ban me too?

------------------
xanx
Sojourner

Postby xanx » Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:14 am

oh hee hee...wow that got heated fast... if dude needs an apology I'll apologise for anything I've said but I'm not teril..

------------------
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:09 am

Am I imagining or did D pull a low blow on T. And T dumb enough to hit the Special referee. Now he is disqualify.

------------------
Blung take no prisoner.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:53 am

Umm . . . 2 point conversion no good?

------------------
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:23 am

While Daz may have initiated an *argument* with a somewhat cheeky remark, I don't think it qualifies as a personal attack. See Tesil's use of the phrases 'moron' 'mental problems' 'limpdick' etc for an example or pfersonal attacks. =)

------------------
</B>
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:06 pm

I know I'm going out on a limb here, and I don't typically question the actions of the staff... but...

Telling somebody they're so stupid they can't count high enough even using their toes is just another way of calling somebody "moron" and Daz did start it. Punishing Tesil because he retorted to an obvious insult and not punishing Daz seems a bit lopsided... or maybe more than a bit. I can certainly see why Tesil would have been upset about that.

Or does this mean that as long as we use catchy phrases to couch our insults in, we're not guilty of insulting behavior? So if I said a certain somebody had the social skills of a rabid burro instead of just coming out and saying he was inept, mean and a jackass, that would be okay?

[This message has been edited by Ashiwi (edited 08-22-2002).]
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:30 pm

Ashiwi,
I'm pretty sure it was the "limpdick" comment right after Shev told the kids to quiet down that got him banned. For such a blatent slap in the face to the staff he's lucky it all he got.

------------------
Rausrh licks you.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:39 pm

I was not, and am not trying to start any kind of flame or personal attack. Tesil's rudeness to me in the past probably contributed to me being a bit more of a smart ass than I should have been. Regardless of what I said, Tesil's response was not called for.
He was told by the staff to stop doing
something, and he blatantly ignored them.

And I am not going to apologize because it will make you feel better, because I did not deserve what happened. Sorry you don't like the way I talk, but I am allowed to speak as much as the next person. What Xanx wanted was something that just is not called for. It seemed to me that he had an idea that, while good, was not something that should be pursued. I did not want Tesil's post to encourage Xanx to do something that I am fairly certain the staff here does not want to happen. There are copyrights and rules involved here,
and my post was meant to be helpful to
Xanx, and I could care less about Tesil.

Again, take a moment to see what is happening before you sit here and ask why something happened. Saying "Daz started it!" is somewhat juvenile, and completely beside the point.

Tesil's response to Shev's warning was in itself more rude than any comment about not being able to count coming from me.

**note: after realizing how much effort I am putting into writing this, i realize that no matter what, i am now the bad guy here. thanks, ashiwi - good to know that my efforts and attempts at civility are a waste. maybe i should just go back to tesil's style of mocking rudeness; that must be what the bbs needs more of.

------------------
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:32 pm

<B> I was not, and am not trying to start any kind of flame or personal attack. Tesil's rudeness to me in the past probably contributed to me being a bit more of a smart ass than I should have been. Regardless of what I said, Tesil's response was not called for.

And I am not going to apologize because it will make you feel better, because I did not deserve what happened. Sorry you don't like the way I talk, but I am allowed to speak as much as the next person. What Xanx wanted was something that just is not called for. It seemed to me that he had an idea that, while good, was not something that should be pursued. I did not want Tesil's post to encourage Xanx to do something that I am fairly certain the staff here does not want to happen. There are copyrights and rules involved here,
and my post was meant to be helpful to
Xanx, and I could care less about Tesil.

Again, take a moment to see what is happening before you sit here and ask why something happened. Saying "Daz started it!" is somewhat juvenile, and completely beside the point.

Tesil's response to Shev's warning was in itself more rude than any comment about not being able to count coming from me.

**note: after realizing how much effort I am putting into writing this, i realize that no matter what, i am now the bad guy here. thanks, ashiwi - good to know that my efforts and attempts at civility are a waste. maybe i should just go back to tesil's style of mocking rudeness; that must be what the bbs needs more of.

My goodness, you are still trying to justify what you did was right? Go back and reread the post. Todrael and a couple of others already pointed out why the eq list is not publish. Here you are coming along trying to douse the fire with some oil. And worst of all, you are using Shevarash as a shield to hide behind him. Like Rausrh said, I agree with him why Tesil2 got punish, but for you to use the staff as a leverage for your poor excuse is beyond low

------------------
Blung take no prisoner.

[This message has been edited by Blung (edited 08-22-2002).]
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm

Ashiwi has the arguing skills of a pound of wet leather.

------------------
-Yayaril
Jorus
Sojourner

Postby Jorus » Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:46 am

<B>

Havn't you once or twice been banned for personal attacks already, Daz? Aren't you " blatantly ignoring" the implicit request in that by making personal attacks on Tesil in the first place?

At any rate, I do believe Tesil should have been banned, but Daz's holier-than-thou-and-run-and-tell-on-you-when-he-can't-take-it-but-he-can-dish-it attitude makes me sick.

Regards,
Jorus
Tesil2
Sojourner

Postby Tesil2 » Fri Aug 23, 2002 1:09 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shevarash:
<B>While Daz may have initiated an *argument* with a somewhat cheeky remark, I don't think it qualifies as a personal attack. See Tesil's use of the phrases 'moron' 'mental problems' 'limpdick' etc for an example or pfersonal attacks. =)

Let's break this down....

1. Moron - This was in response to a personal attack from daz....so I use "big" words....roughly equivalent to what he wrote.

2. Mental Problems - How is this one a personal attack? He brought up his problems in another thread...I simply pointed that he should go back there.

3. Limpdick - Well....I was getting tired...couldn't come up with anything better...so you got me here and I deserved the 24 hr ban....my apologies to Shevarash.

4. Personal attacks are off limits....but threats of physical attacks are OK? (even being as idle as they are)...I see.
Jorus
Sojourner

Postby Jorus » Fri Aug 23, 2002 1:22 am

Tesil,

You got what you deserved in this case. If someone is making physical threats to you or someone else, report it to the police or ask the moderators here to deal with it.

Regards,
Jorus
Tesil2
Sojourner

Postby Tesil2 » Fri Aug 23, 2002 1:24 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jorus:
<B>Tesil,

You got what you deserved in this case. If someone is making physical threats to you or someone else, report it to the police or ask the moderators here to deal with it.

Regards,
Jorus</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know I did...I mentioned that in item 3 above.

I couldn't care less about idle threats...I can more than take care of myself.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:26 am

1. I did not make a physical threat.

2. It amazes me how thin skinned you people can be on the BBS. My original
comment was not an attempt to belittle
or insult Tesil. I could care less.

3. You people are such hypocrites, and
I am, too.

4. Jorus, its nice to know that you
know what my meanings and intent are for
each post. I especially like how I am
(I think it was) holier-than-thou. Can
I make up cliche's about other people, too?
Do they have to be true, or can I just make
things up depending on how I want that
person to be perceived?

5. I have gone out of my way to avoid
confrontation of late, and until Tesil's
rude insults to me - I was doing fine.
I am provoked easily, sue me. Don't want
me to get provoked, then don't put a
stick in the nest.

------------------
Tesil2
Sojourner

Postby Tesil2 » Fri Aug 23, 2002 8:31 am

<B>1. I did not make a physical threat.

2. It amazes me how thin skinned you people can be on the BBS. My original
comment was not an attempt to belittle
or insult Tesil. I could care less.

3. You people are such hypocrites, and
I am, too.

4. Jorus, its nice to know that you
know what my meanings and intent are for
each post. I especially like how I am
(I think it was) holier-than-thou. Can
I make up cliche's about other people, too?
Do they have to be true, or can I just make
things up depending on how I want that
person to be perceived?

5. I have gone out of my way to avoid
confrontation of late, and until Tesil's
rude insults to me - I was doing fine.
I am provoked easily, sue me. Don't want
me to get provoked, then don't put a
stick in the nest.

Holy hell...can we just end this....I tried to in another post...

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”