Roots

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
kiryan
Sojourner

Roots

Postby kiryan » Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:30 pm

So, i'm just curious... roots belt, good change bad change.

I don't think evils have done it more than three times since the change. Course there are other factors in that im sure, but I was wondering do goodies still do it frequently?

Did we accomplish the mission of reducing mage hps (or whatever the goal was)? or did we merely take one of the more unique zones on the mud and nearly nerf it into oblivion?

Is there any process of re-evaluation, cause I feel strongly that either the belt needs to be returned to its former glory, universally nerfed, or a new attractive item needs to be added to roots to make the zone worth doing more. And don't get me wrong, the zone is worth doing atm for the current belt, but I think more people should have the opportunity to experience roots.

------------------
------
where ara you my rittle raabuuri
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:40 pm

I understood the point of nerfing the roots belt was so it would be possible for a new area to go in with a comparable mage belt. I'm just hoping it's one of the areas already in now...

-Tre'Verien
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Sep 10, 2002 10:13 pm

if thats the case, i really think they should've picked a different zone/item and left roots alone with its single item and uniqueness.

If roots is still being done regularly then no harm done. However, I do not believe that is the case. I think roots is being done less than 1/4th as often as it used too and it wasn't exactly raced to or done every boot before.

------------------
------
where ara you my rittle raabuuri
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:01 am

All but one time I checked Anna the last 2 weeks, she was missing her tiara and key. And the one time she still had it, I proceeded to lead the zone. Roots is still being hit frequently on the goodie side despite the change.

------------------
You fire a black-shafted elven arrow to the east at Gormal's pet goat with masterful shooting that does lethal damage!
You receive your share of experience.

[This message has been edited by Treladian (edited 09-11-2002).]
Rellanor
Sojourner

Postby Rellanor » Wed Sep 11, 2002 1:43 am

well yeah it's still great eq for clerics warriors and rogues it's just us mages that get the smelly end of the stick in roots now.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:31 pm

Where else can I spank so many melee types whilst remaining afk?

*wink*

------------------
Muma tells you 'schpank?'

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”